30. Tobias Bjornfot D Djurgarden
31. Phillip Tomasino RW Niagara

32. Spencer Knight G NTDP

Quick Summary
8 NTDP players in top 32
Very Strong WHL year,weak OHL
Tons of D prospects from all over
They did a Overrated/Underrated for the CHL,BCHL,AJHL,good stuff

Where do they have Brett Leason rated? He went undrafted last year but played really well for Canada at the World Juniors.

BruinsNetwork

Big fan of Anttoni Honka and would love to see the Bruins end up with him. 5’10” fleet-footed, puck-moving RHD. Surgical in his passing and can really move well out there. He’s Finnish, has upside and skates well. He needs to put on weight and work on a few things, but he looks like he’ll become a solid, top-four guy down the road.

Not sure if he’ll be there or not, but he’s certainly near the top of my list of favorites in this draft.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
This is RedLines 21 -31 for March
21. Sam Poulin LW Sherbrooke
22. Cole Caulfield RW NTDP
23. Nathan Legare RW Baie-Comeau
24. Bobby Brink RW Sioux City
25. Vlad Kolyachonok D Flint
26. Bowen Byram D Vancouver
27. Ville Heinola D Lukko Rauma
28. Alex Vlasic D NTDP
29. Jakob Pelletier C Moncton
30. Tobias Bjornfot D Djurgarden
31. Phillip Tomasino RW Niagara

32. Spencer Knight G NTDP

Quick Summary
8 NTDP players in top 32
Very Strong WHL year,weak OHL
Tons of D prospects from all over
They did a Overrated/Underrated for the CHL,BCHL,AJHL,good stuff

That Kolyachonok....man

But I don't think the Bruins should be looking for d-men

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsNetwork

That Kolyachonok....man

Think Caufield has any chance of lasting until when the Bruins will be selecting? My gut says no, but my heart says: “please?”

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Doubt they are taking a 5’7” winger

It would be pretty surprising if they did. And also very weird if they suddenly started considering them.

That Kolyachonok....man

I'm with Dom.

You never know, and if they are picking, and they believe a D man is easily the best player there, than you either trade down or make the pick, but there is a pretty big logjam at defense at the moment. If I were going D, I'd be looking at Vlasic.

Bruins don't have much of a need in goal, but Spencer Knight would be a tough guy to pass

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So as I posted earlier the main areas of need are a RW and a C that has 1st line upside. Right now the Bruins have Senyshyn, Steen, Kuhlman, and Becker as the only RW prospects. As for center they have a bunch but mostly guys that look like they would be 2nd liners at best. I see Hughes and Studnicka as the ones with the greatest upside at the moment with Frederic and JFK right behind them. Following those 2 areas I would say it is between G and RHD for the next need. They have Vladar, Swayman, and Keyser. As for the RHD they have Andersson, Bukac, Berglund, Clifton, and Clarke. As for where they will be picking in the first round I see 25 to 31 at the moment. With that looking at their needs I will get rid of RHD since they will be looking for a 3rd pairing type guy which I think one of them can be and I will get rid of G since there is none that highly rated at the moment. That leaves RW and C. For RW the individuals that I like that will be projected in the later half are Nathan Legare, Arthur Kaliyev, Cole Caufield, and Albin Grewe. For C there is Ryan Suzuki, Connor McMichael, Philip Tomasino, Alex Newhook, Brett Leason, Raphael Lavoie, and Robert Mastrosimone. I see a lot of choices that could end up being good for the Bruins.

Don't love putting limits on guys, but agree the areas of need.

But, just draft BPA please.

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Don't love putting limits on guys, but agree the areas of need.

But, just draft BPA please.
I hate BPA because what if it is a LHD which the Bruins are loaded at. Especially since it will be late 20s early 30s. I don't think anyone there will be an upgrade over what they have already.

Reactions: veganbruin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I hate BPA because what if it is a LHD which the Bruins are loaded at. Especially since it will be late 20s early 30s. I don't think anyone there will be an upgrade over what they have already.

You wouldn't want to continue load up at a position that is important? If the BPA in their opinion is a LHD, you draft him.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Just so he can waste away never playing. I would say no especially if the next player is close.

I don't understand this logic. Players bust all the time. Guys retire, guys develop, guys leave. If the bruins feel they could draft the next great LHD and go another direction because they have a lot of LHD then they're doing it wrong.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I don't understand this logic. Players bust all the time. Guys retire, guys develop, guys leave. If the bruins feel they could draft the next great LHD and go another direction because they have a lot of LHD then they're doing it wrong.
My take on it is unless the BPA is by far ahead the next closest I would not take an area of strength with that first pick. For example if player A is a LHD and player B is RW but player A is a little better I would go for player B since that is an area of weakness for that first rounder. Now if player A is vastly better than player B than I go with player A. But as far as the Bruins go where they will be picking there shouldn't be much difference between the players.

Reactions: bbfan419

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My take on it is unless the BPA is by far ahead the next closest I would not take an area of strength with that first pick. For example if player A is a LHD and player B is RW but player A is a little better I would go for player B since that is an area of weakness for that first rounder. Now if player A is vastly better than player B than I go with player A. But as far as the Bruins go where they will be picking there shouldn't be much difference between the players.

You wouldnt last long as a GM then.
The trick is to get the best talent you can and turn it into future needs.
Nearly all picks are three years away once you get past say top 5.
You have no idea what your needs will be .

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
You wouldnt last long as a GM then.
The trick is to get the best talent you can and turn it into future needs.
Nearly all picks are three years away once you get past say top 5.
You have no idea what your needs will be .
That's exactly why I'm sitting in chair talking about how to draft on hfboards instead of being a GM. That's just my thought process on taking the BPA. Now is it right or wrong that all depends on how good the teams scouting department is.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Always BPA.
Theyre meat. Chips to be used for whatever needed.

A teams entire makeup by position can change by extreme measures in two to three years.

BPA

I don’t think this brass subscribed to the BPA theory though, do they?

the two times they seemed to go BPA resulted in Pasta and McAvoy. They tend to go towards fits and even position IMO.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I don’t think this brass subscribed to the BPA theory though, do they?

the two times they seemed to go BPA resulted in Pasta and McAvoy. They tend to go towards fits and even position IMO.

I think they do....but lean too far in weight of what they deem 'potential'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad