Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Alright I am going to highlight some of the centers in the top half of the draft, I don't know if we are just going to be there at the end of the season or need to trade up to get there, but this team needs a high end center prospect if we don't trade for a young high end center. I'm taking quotes from Last Word on Hockey.

Ryan Suzuki, Centre, Barrie Colts, 6’0″ 172 lbs

Suzuki uses outstanding skating ability to create sp6985/ace and generate chances. He can beat defenders wide and accelerate to the front of the net with his speed. He can also change directions, or change speeds to open up passing and shooting lanes. Suzuki sees the ice very well and processes the game quickly. He understands where teammates are headed and can make a tape-to-tape pass through tight areas.

Alex Turcotte, Centre, U.S. National Team Development Program, 5’11” 194 lbs

He has a long and powerful stride that makes it very difficult to knock him off the puck. He controls the play down low, extending the possession and waiting for teammates to get open. When there is an opportunity, he can make a tough pass through tight spaces. Turcotte also has an excellent shot and a quick release. He is relentless in his play, forechecking hard and causing turnovers in the offensive zone and backchecking and playing solid defensively in his own end

Alex Newhook, Centre, Victoria Grizzlies, 5’11” 183 lbs

A multi-faceted offensive threat, Newhook has a great shot, strong vision and passing skills, the ability to beat defenders with his finesse, and the power game to play in the dirty areas of the ice. He has everything that a scout could want in a top centre. Newhook has also shown the effort and instincts to be strong in his own end of the ice.

Trevor Zegras, Centre, U.S. NTDP, 6’0″ 168 lbs

Zegras marries his skating ability with the ability to handle the puck and make plays at top speed. He has very good vision and passing skill, helping him to be a primary playmaker on his line. He also has high hockey IQ. Zegras anticipates the movements of his teammates and opponents, allowing him to create offence. While best known as a playmaker, he can score goals with soft hands in tight to the net. His shot is decent but could use some work on having a quicker release.

Peyton Krebs, Centre/Left Wing, Kootenay Ice, 5’11” 181 lbs

Krebs is best known for his playmaking ability though. He can thread the puck through extremely tight spaces, as well as make strong saucer passes. He is also good at passing the puck on his backhand. His strong hockey sense allows him to read the play and anticipate the movements of teammates and opponents. Krebs works hard in the defensive zone, supporting his teammates down low and working to break up passing lanes. He will need to add some muscle to his frame in the coming years.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
This will be the worst draft ever from the OHL,, and considering this is a strong draft class, it's saying a ton.

It's early, but the only 3 names I'm interested in right now for the Bruins from the OHL are:

Ryan Suzuki - if you are looking for a playmaking center that isn't going to score a lot

Arthur Kaliyev - if you are looking for a pure sniper that plays the right side

Hunter Jones - if you are looking for a goaltender that has future number one written all over him

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I really hope we draft a center come 1st round. Ryan Suzuki is someone that really intrigues me, but I highly doubt we'll be in the draft position to pick him. Zegras had also intrigued me, but he's making a case for top 8 right now. I'd love to see Newhook drop, but that's wishful thinking.

A lot of our center prospects are high floor, low ceiling prospects (exception with Studnicka). I really hope we get our paws on 2-3 of them. IF we draft a winger in the 1st round, Nolan Foote really has my eyes open.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I don’t really watch junior hockey until the wjc but give me Mathew Robertson from the oil kings. LD, wears a letter at 17, is 6-4 201, and has put up 16 points in 25 games.

Or maybe Cole Caufield. Sounds like he’s fast based off his name.

Final guy I want is Moritz Seider. 6-4, RD. Sounds so mean. I wouldn’t mess with him.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don’t really watch junior hockey until the wjc but give me Mathew Robertson from the oil kings. LD, wears a letter at 17, is 6-4 201, and has put up 16 points in 25 games.

Or maybe Cole Caufield. Sounds like he’s fast based off his name.

Final guy I want is Moritz Seider. 6-4, RD. Sounds so mean. I wouldn’t mess with him.

Is this a joke post?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Is this a joke post?

It was but I’m pretty sure it’s all true

Edit: UPDATE...it’s all true

On Moritz Seider

“Moritz Seider’s accomplishments are good but not outstanding, his game is where he thrives. The two most notable attributes to him are his physicality and passing. His physicality is immediately noticeable. He’s a big guy at 6’4” (192cm) and 183lbs (83kg) and he uses that size very well. Seider loves to lay a huge hit, but sometimes take himself out of position. He is a feared player on the ice and you can’t put your head down around him”

On Cole Caufield

Height- 5’ 7”

If your 5-7 and labeled as a first rounder, you are fast.

Case closed

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
This will be the worst draft ever from the OHL,, and considering this is a strong draft class, it's saying a ton.

It's early, but the only 3 names I'm interested in right now for the Bruins from the OHL are:

Ryan Suzuki - if you are looking for a playmaking center that isn't going to score a lot

Hunter Jones - if you are looking for a goaltender that has future number one written all over him

What's the deal re: a poor OHL showing? Just a freak year?

Reactions: Foxboroflyer

DraftGuru

Mar 6, 2018

Any reason why you wouldn't include Connor McMichael in the discussion of OHL 2019 draft prospects?

Reactions: bbfan419

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
I could see the Bruins targeting Oscar Bjerselius. Not a big kid, but he's really crafty with the puck and can lose defenders in one-on-one situations with slick little pivot moves. He'll probably be wearing a letter too when/if Falk comes to NA (undrafted iirc). A lot of people like his teammate Albin Grewe a lot more, but consider Grewe has better linemates at 5v5 (at least more consistently) imo, although I did see a game where Grewe played with him on the same line. Bjerselius is really more of a pure playmaker, think Krejci. I actually had intended to watch Grewe but was more struck by the guy I hadn't heard of in Bjerselius.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Truthfully looking at the Bruins system there top priority should be a RW followed by a C with the chances of becoming a number 1 or 2. I use draftsite.com to get a feel of players that would be around the place they pick. I also us mynhldraft.com for first round picks. They currently have them picking Alexander Newhook for one and Trevor Zegras for the other.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Any reason why you wouldn't include Connor McMichael in the discussion of OHL 2019 draft prospects?

I would. Just not in the first round. Besides Suzuki and Kaliyev, I don't see any first rounders. Maybe Thomas Harley gets there, or maybe Vladislav Kolyachonok does. The only reason I included Hunter is because coming into the season, he was slated as a 5th, 6th rounder and has shot up to be one of the best goaltending prospects in the draft and continues to climb.

Suzuki is interesting. Talent suggests he will be a better player then brother Nick and should be a higher pick then he was. But he has stumbled of late. After posting 8 goals and 21 assists in his first 19 games, he's popped in zero goals and 4 assists in his last 8. I know points aren't everything, but he's suppose to be one of the guys carrying the offense for the Colts - and the last 8 games, he's been virtually invisible.

As for McMichael, he may just be (I think he is) the best two-way player available form the OHL. But as I said, this could be the worst OHL draft class in its history.

A lot of OHL watchers I have a lot of respect have been doing a consensus rankings for several years now. It's bad enough that we joke around that we can't come up with a top 10. There are some players I like. But I don't expect more then two (okay maybe three) will get their names called on day one in Vancouver in 2019.

Here's some fun reading for you

OHL Prospects: Preliminary Media/Scout Top 10 for the 2019 NHL Draft
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Tampbear and gumgum

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Truthfully looking at the Bruins system there top priority should be a RW followed by a C with the chances of becoming a number 1 or 2. I use draftsite.com to get a feel of players that would be around the place they pick. I also us mynhldraft.com for first round picks. They currently have them picking Alexander Newhook for one and Trevor Zegras for the other.
A friend of mine that gets to see him a lot loves Zegras. I don't know anything about him, but scouting reports online make him sound interesting.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Mock draft episode
Solid Bruins take,our friends North of the border will be happy...maybe
But.. Sweeney loves him some USNDT players and this draft is littered with them.
Its a long way away but you heard it here first ,if he's there Boston takes Spencer Knight in the first round

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I like Cole Caufield. Could be one of those high risk high reward goalscorers. Given how much we need RW and how they like college players, seems like a good pick.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
This might be a good year for the Bruins to use either some roster players or prospects to gain some picks or move up in the draft.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Wouldn't mind seeing another big strong center drafted. But that's just me.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If Brett Leason is there at the end of the 1st round then I'd love to get him. I know he will be 20 but he's the real deal and not far from being NHL ready.

Reactions: TCB and bbfan419

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Alright I am going to highlight some of the centers in the top half of the draft, I don't know if we are just going to be there at the end of the season or need to trade up to get there, but this team needs a high end center prospect if we don't trade for a young high end center. I'm taking quotes from Last Word on Hockey.

Ryan Suzuki, Centre, Barrie Colts, 6’0″ 172 lbs

Alex Turcotte, Centre, U.S. National Team Development Program, 5’11” 194 lbs

Alex Newhook, Centre, Victoria Grizzlies, 5’11” 183 lbs

Trevor Zegras, Centre, U.S. NTDP, 6’0″ 168 lbs

Peyton Krebs, Centre/Left Wing, Kootenay Ice, 5’11” 181 lbs

Zipped literally down the street from my place to catch my first BCHL game a month or so ago and it was terrific. The best part of these games are you see Scouts in the barn as they can`t hide up high in press boxes. Nobody was wearing anything that would help me identify them but I saw at least a half dozen grown men who were constantly writing down stuff on clipboards so unless there`s a bizarre trend in BC for grown men doing this, I`ll assume they are scouts, can`t confirm if they are Junior or NHL scouts though

Now, onto Newhook who moved literally from the Eastern most coast in Nfld to Victoria, kid has an absolute burst of a few first strides, excellent vision with the puck, went to any and all dirty areas to make a play. He was THE player on the Grizz that you noticed immediately.

I`m not a scout (loads of evidence on the boards here proving that) so I can`t project but if there is an area he will need to address it might be adding some bulk, kid never hesitates to mix it up in the corners/front of the net but a few times was pushed off the puck from bigger opponents. Real exciting player to watch now, have since seen 2 more Grizzly games and he was just as noticeable in those too.

For those in Boston, the guy sitting next to me said he`s committed to BC next year so enjoy

I have sent Sweeney my resume outlining the areas of need I will require to be trained on in order to properly work as the BC scout, no return email as of this time:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad