2019 NHL Draft - June 21st - With The 14th Selection, The Coyotes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I’d be happy to add him in that range. But I’d also be nervous about passing on centers like McMichael and Newhook.
Do you think Newhook will be available there? I imagine he goes in that 10-15 space. As for McMichael, I know very little about him but Caufield is a big want personally. I'd consider taking him as high as 9oa.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
You guys sure are high on Newhook and McMichael, personally not as found of them that high
Even Caufield would have me a bit nervous being picked in the top 20

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
We’re picking 15th if we miss and 16th if we qualify. :)

Barring a miracle where we miss and win a lotto.
Montreal has 83 points and Philadelphia has 78 points with the same number of games remaining, both are outside of the playoff pictures. Wouldn't be shocked if both of these clubs end up with more points than us and miss the playoffs. So if we miss, I'd say we're either 13th or 14th.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
More changes coming to the scouting department.....

Well, there goes our Central European and Scandinavian scouting as well as the bulk of our amateur scouting. Just in time for the Draft. This, right after cutting Ted Dent (pro scout) loose right before he got arrested.

Barroway's wallet must be on its last legs.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Well, there goes our Central European and Scandinavian scouting as well as the bulk of our amateur scouting. Just in time for the Draft. This, right after cutting Ted Dent (pro scout) loose right before he got arrested.

Barroway's wallet must be on its last legs.

Yotes website shows 6 amateur scouts still with the team. I think it used to be closer to 10 though. We do have a shitload of video scouts though. I assume these are Stathletes "grads".

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Yotes website shows 6 amateur scouts still with the team. I think it used to be closer to 10 though. We do have a ****load of video scouts though. I assume these are Stathletes "grads".

Wonder if they're "grads" or actual employees of Stathletes. Is it possible that Chayka is outsourcing scouting to his own company?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I believe this is normal protocol/not uncommon.

The reports are already filed on regular season.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
A good thing this thread wasn't closed down, then. How good are this players?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We need goals so bad. Caufield and Kaliyev both have a good chance at being there when we pick. Two best goal scorers in the draft. Do you take the 5’7 guy or the guy with a bad motor?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
We need goals so bad. Caufield and Kaliyev both have a good chance at being there when we pick. Two best goal scorers in the draft. Do you take the 5’7 guy or the guy with a bad motor?

Kaliyev doesn't have good wheels, his motor works just fine when he crosses the blueline - for some reason it turns him into a puck hound, where he expends all his energy because he doesn't play a lot of defense...but neither did Ovie when he was younger. Those pure offensive guys you just have to live with their warts until they mature into their game. I'd take Kaliyev, but knowing how our organization/Tocchet style of play, I'd take Caufield, because he's the safer pick of the 2.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Kaliyev doesn't have good wheels, his motor works just fine when he crosses the blueline - for some reason it turns him into a puck hound, where he expends all his energy because he doesn't play a lot of defense...but neither did Ovie when he was younger. Those pure offensive guys you just have to live with their warts until they mature into their game. I'd take Kaliyev, but knowing how our organization/Tocchet style of play, I'd take Caufield, because he's the safer pick of the 2.
Crazy to consider a 5’7 player “safe”. Six years ago, he’d have been undrafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad