GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
So McAvoy will get a 4 year deal and then we’re worried he’ll cost us a big contract? Well, we should be so unfortunate as to have one of our young first round picks perform so well over 4 years that they earn that money.

He will then be a UFA. When UFA's go to market they generally get paid more than what they're worth.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Do the Bruins sign Chase Priskie from Quinnipiac?

a UFA August 15 and teammate of Clifton- apparently better than

Problem is he’s another RHD and the Bruins have a lot already

With McAvoy and Carlo being unsigned and Miller who may never play again or at least at his level which was a 5 or 6 d-man, it might not be a bad idea at all. Actually it would be a very timely add.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
With McAvoy and Carlo being unsigned and Miller who may never play again or at least at his level which was a 5 or 6 d-man, it might not be a bad idea at all. Actually it would be a very timely add.
I don’t see any need for it. Sweeney will somehow find a way to get McAvoy and Carlo signed, perhaps one on a bridge deal. Miller has, by and large, been hors de combat for the last two seasons.

Then you have Clifton and Kampfer plus prospect Andersson and Bergland on the right side. No need to chase Priskie.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don’t see any need for it. Sweeney will somehow find a way to get McAvoy and Carlo signed, perhaps one on a bridge deal. Miller has, by and large, been hors de combat for the last two seasons.

Then you have Clifton and Kampfer plus prospect Andersson and Bergland on the right side. No need to chase Priskie.

If you can potentially add a prospect with upside for free, you do it every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's crazy that anyone wouldn't see a need for a defenseman, a right handed one at that, who you could add without giving anything up.

Reactions: Estlin and bbfan419

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If you can potentially add a prospect with upside for free, you do it every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's crazy that anyone wouldn't see a need for a defenseman, a right handed one at that, who you could add without giving anything up.
I would agree! I just dont think the kid is going to want to sign in Boston when he sees what is in front of him. Carlo + McAvoy are staples as 1-2 on the right side for years to come, one would think. Clifton looks like more than an adequate #3 pairing RD. Moore is here for 4 more years and he plays both sides. Plus we have Zboril, Andersson, Lauzon, and Vaak knocking at the door. I think if he's looking at his best chance at cracking an NHL line up, the Bruins are not high on his list.

Reactions: Ratty

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I would agree! I just dont think the kid is going to want to sign in Boston when he sees what is in front of him. Carlo + McAvoy are staples as 1-2 on the right side for years to come, one would think. Clifton looks like more than an adequate #3 pairing RD. Moore is here for 4 more years and he plays both sides. Plus we have Zboril, Andersson, Lauzon, and Vaak knocking at the door. I think if he's looking at his best chance at cracking an NHL line up, the Bruins are not high on his list.
Team is flush with D prospects, all of which need ice time, unless he’s willing to accept a minor league deal, it’s too risky to sign Priskie.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

unless he happens to be better or have better upside. (kampfer should be in the AHL)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Team is flush with D prospects, all of which need ice time, unless he’s willing to accept a minor league deal, it’s too risky to sign Priskie.

It's not risky if you have the contract space. I don't understand your stance on this one. I don't think Priskie is going to come here but I would welcome his addition because it's free talent.

Sign Priskie, trade one of your defensive prospects and not have your pool take a hit.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
It's not risky if you have the contract space. I don't understand your stance on this one. I don't think Priskie is going to come here but I would welcome his addition because it's free talent.

Sign Priskie, trade one of your defensive prospects and not have your pool take a hit.
Now you sound like my wife. Brings things home we don’t need that is clutter because it’s free or at a big discount. :eek:

I’m OK with him in Rhode Island. But Zboril, Vaakanainen and Lauzon are right on the cusp of snaring a roster spot. Then there’s Cooper Zech who shows potential. Andersson may play over here this year too. Even, as you say, trade one of our defense prospects, do we know he is better than they? I’m not sure how many roster spots we have already, but 50 is the limit number, if I’m not mistaken. So it has to be watched as well.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Now you sound like my wife. Brings things home we don’t need that is clutter because it’s free or at a big discount. :eek:

I’m OK with him in Rhode Island. But Zboril, Vaakanainen and Lauzon are right on the cusp of snaring a roster spot. Then there’s Cooper Zech who shows potential. Andersson may play over here this year too. Even, as you say, trade one of our defense prospects, do we know he is better than they? I’m not sure how many roster spots we have already, but 50 is the limit number, if I’m not mistaken. So it has to be watched as well.

There's a difference between bringing in players to help a hockey team and buying a 6th picnic blanket for 60% off.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I'm not saying to sign Priskie and guarantee him a spot on Boston. If he was signed, and doesn't do enough to make the team, then Providence it is. There's nothing wrong with adding more players to the competition, especially at an important position like defense. You can never have too many defenseman. One thing with all those guys mentioned (Zboril, Vaakanainen, Lauzon, Zech - AHL) is that they're all left handed besides Axel Andersson. Priskie is a right handed defenseman. The prospect pool for RHD is thin. Axel Andersson (as mentioned) Victor Berglund, and Cameron Clarke are all the team has at that position. Of these three, Andersson and Berglund are under ELC. Andersson and Berglund are more than likely a year or two away from contributing. Andersson may not even play for Providence this season. Priskie, from all accounts, is close to NHL ready.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
There's a difference between bringing in players to help a hockey team and buying a 6th picnic blanket for 60% off.
If there is one thing marriage has taught me. If you marry someone that had parents who lived through wartime. Prepare to have a house that looks like you a preparing for wartime.

All the time.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ol' Slainte says Priskie and Bruins have mutual interest but likely not a fit for each other.

God damn it, Slainte! I thought we had a chance but now we know Priskie doesn't even know where Boston is and the Bruins are interested in Phase Criskie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad