GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Good point, maybe insurance with Miller’s situation too

yup, just ass covering in case something outlandish happens. miller questionable to start year, carlo and chuckie
unsigned. leaves you with kampfer and clifton as righties. i'd be happy with petrovic in providence though once
everyone comes back. can't have too much muscle down there.

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
I haven’t seen the Alex Petrovic training camp invite discussed anywhere. What do we know about him other than the obvious stat line?

Anybody watch him much?

Supposedly a right hand shot, 6’4”, physical.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I haven’t seen the Alex Petrovic training camp invite discussed anywhere. What do we know about him other than the obvious stat line?

Anybody watch him much?

Supposedly a right hand shot, 6’4”, physical.

He can take a punch. Wont back down from anybody. Martin, Kane, Wilson, Hartnell.
But usually gets his ass kicked.

Number 7, 8, or 9 depth D man depending on team.

Reactions: Pia8988

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Petrovic is fine with 3 RD possibly out right age and had a couple somewhat big 1way deals last couple years. Kampfer with Chara Clifton with Krug Petrovic with Gryz will be fine for a few weeks.

But we are playing with fire if we let it get ugly with Carlo and McAvoy that blue line is fine if worst case scenario injuries occur but we are picking the wrong 2guys to go cheapskate on.

Feels like Sinden is back.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Petrovic is fine with 3 RD possibly out right age and had a couple somewhat big 1way deals last couple years. Kampfer with Chara Clifton with Krug Petrovic with Gryz will be fine for a few weeks.

But we are playing with fire if we let it get ugly with Carlo and McAvoy that blue line is fine if worst case scenario injuries occur but we are picking the wrong 2guys to go cheapskate on.

Oh Stahp.

If its December and we lose them for the whole season over 500K in ask/offer difference, THEN you can toss this comment out there.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

Another depth signing by the Bruins, which I like.
No high risk here and potential #7 dee.
He has size and has over 200 games of NHL experience, can help our young dee in Providence.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Yuck to the bolded. You don't have a clue what's going on with the negotiations to be making comments like this.

You also have no history from Sweeney to make comments like this. He's been excellent getting players signed.

Reactions: Lo97 and Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Yuck to the bolded. You don't have a clue what's going on with the negotiations to be making comments like this.

You also have no history from Sweeney to make comments like this. He's been excellent getting players signed.

Didn't the same panic set in two years ago when Pastrnak wasn't signed this late?

How'd that turn out? I forget...

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Whatever I see two stud d men you can’t really go wrong signing. They were our best players in our run to the finals and didn’t collapse at the end like the first line did at even strength.

Hopefully like Pasternak they settle for a little less last minute. But I’d rather just pay them.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Whatever I see two stud d men you can’t really go wrong signing. They were our best players in our run to the finals and didn’t collapse at the end like the first line did at even strength.

Hopefully like Pasternak they settle for a little less last minute. But I’d rather just pay them.

You can go wrong signing Carlo if it's too much AAV. The guy played great but he hasn't even topped 20 points. Christ, he put up 10 this past year. Points sell in the NHL and Carlo hasn't produced enough offense at all to warrant a huge deal.

You're complaining they're not done and crying that were back to the Sinden days but the only reason they're not done is because the Bruins don't have as much cap space to work with. It's not like they have the space and don't want to give them the money.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You can go wrong signing Carlo if it's too much AAV. The guy played great but he hasn't even topped 20 points. Christ, he put up 10 this past year. Points sell in the NHL and Carlo hasn't produced enough offense at all to warrant a huge deal.

You're complaining they're not done and crying that were back to the Sinden days but the only reason they're not done is because the Bruins don't have as much cap space to work with. It's not like they have the space and don't want to give them the money.

I really like Carlo but holy crap is he overrated here. The Bruins should absolutely play hard ball with him.

McAvoy I would basically tell him I'd give him whatever he wants.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I really like Carlo but holy crap is he overrated here. The Bruins should absolutely play hard ball with him.

McAvoy I would basically tell him I'd give him whatever he wants.

For what Carlo gives you offensively, anything over 4.5M is an overpayment in my opinion. If he was consistently giving you 20-25 points on top of his defense, then fine.

But we're talking Adam McQuaid offensive production here. Now, Carlo is much better defensively than McQ and plays harder/more minutes so he is worth a bit more.

Reactions: bbfan419

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Damn Carlo for asking to be paid since he’s a top 10 defensive D man. Points are all that counts. Trade him for a smaller right handed Torey Krug and pair the guy with Krug. Should turn out great.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Damn Carlo for asking to be paid since he’s a top 10 defensive D man. Points are all that counts. Trade him for a smaller right handed Torey Krug and pair the guy with Krug. Should turn out great.

And what to top 10 "defensive" defensemen get? I mean he did finish 167th in points for defensemen. Manson got 4. Oh wait that was off a 37 point season. Brayden McNabb got 2.5 per. DuMoulin? 4 mil.

Carlo doesn't deserve a cent over 4 mil, and to be honest I wouldn't give him more than 3.5 per unless he wanted to talk 6-8 years.

Honestly no idea why Carlo is lumped in with the McAvoy's, Werenski's and Provorov's of the world when it comes to getting a deal done

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Carlo is not flashy...he is a foundational player that can anchor the defensive end for the next ten years

Four years $14 million - however spread over the years -would be excellent for the Bs

my guess is a little higher total, something like 4 years at $15.5.........starting at $3.50 and going up $250k each year ....the ending year salary of $4.25 is the jumping off point for discussing contract #3

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I had a dream the Bruins signed McAvoy for 4 years (makes him an unrestricted free agent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad