NFL: 2019 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Apparently he really put on some serious weight after retiring from the NFL, then was trying to cut back down. Just my guess as to what might've been the cause.

He had gained serious weight by time he was in CIFL

gvn6dvbo1.1

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Adam Schefter reports: Unless he has a new deal, Chargers’ RB Melvin Gordon will not report to training camp, not when he currently is scheduled to be heading into the last year of his contract, a fifth-year option, worth $5.6 million dollars

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017

He deserves a bump for sure the problem is the chargers have 4 other guys (Rivers, Bosa, King, Henry) who will also need new deals coming up. I'd argue that all 4 are more important to the teams success than Gordon and should be given priority.

I don't know if there's much of a trade market but I'd explore that before committing long term to Gordon.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Gordon's gonna be realllly interesting to see how that shakes out.

He's completely entitled to ask for more money given the shelf life of the position, but the Chargers gonna be really leary to hand out too much money given what just happened with Todd Gurley right down the road from them

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Heard about the Gordon situation. That's going to be interesting. He's quite the talent, going to be interesting to see where he ends up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gordon had a higher college workload too no?
That’s the Big Ten for you. Unless you’re Ohio State.

Some rumors out there, which is totally insane, is more stuff about an 18-game season. But player safety! and salary adjustments! Ah, very simple solution. Just put a 16-game cap on all players, the product won’t suffer from teams forcing themselves to bench “healthy” players.

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
...Ah, very simple solution. Just put a 16-game cap on all players, the product won’t suffer from teams forcing themselves to bench “healthy” players.
:rolleyes: Yeah the starters only play 16/18 games and the product won't suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad