NFL: 2019 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Adrian Peterson, another athlete who banked close to 100 million dollars is now in debt.

You just hate to see it.

He can say people took advantage of him..... but he hired them in the first place.

Then theres this -

Rovell mentioned after that it cost 7% of his career earnings. I'm not against having a crazy birthday bash, but first class travel for THREEHUNDRED people ??!!!!!!

Looking forward to the 30 for 30 Broke, Part 2. Michael Vick & AP star in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He can say people took advantage of him..... but he hired them in the first place.

Then theres this -

Rovell mentioned after that it cost 7% of his career earnings. I'm not against having a crazy birthday bash, but first class travel for THIRTY people ??!!!!!!

Looking forward to the 30 for 30 Broke, Part 2. Michael Vick & AP star in it.

Also doesn’t Adrian Peterson have like 8 kids with 6-7 baby momma’s!?

This man couldn’t go to Costco and invest a huge box of Durex...but he can afford a f***ing camel for his 30th birthday.

This ******

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Chargers have apparently offered upwards of 11 million a year to Melvin Gordon. Would make him the fourth highest paid RB in the NFL. Behind Todd Gurley, David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell.

Given the market on runningback deals this is probably about what you'd expect. He's not as good as the guys making more money than him but he's still a damn good back.

https://i.redd.it/q12sy587odc31.jpg

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Also doesn’t Adrian Peterson have like 8 kids with 6-7 baby momma’s!?

This man couldn’t go to Costco and invest a huge box of Durex...but he can afford a ****ing camel for his 30th birthday.

This ******

If the party costs 7 million dollars, I'm sure that the camel isn't one of the most expensive items there.

Even if he would've made double the amount he has in his career he probably would still be broke by now. Can't say I feel a lot of sympathy for him though.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
a guy who spends 7 million on his own bday party is exactly the kind of guy you can successfully take advantage of

Also, why didn't he invest in some real estate, stocks, shares earlier in his career?
I'm sure he did at some point but there is no excuse how he can run out of money so fast..

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Adrian Peterson, another athlete who banked close to 100 million dollars is now in debt.

You just hate to see it.

Tbh I don't really feel sorry for him. If you are going to pay child support for 8 kids to 6 different women and blow $7 mill on your birthday party, you deserve what you got. There's stupid and then there's AP.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He was good on inside the NFL back in day with Dawson as hosts

He also was one hell of a football player back in the day too. Sad. RIP.

So the Falcons TRADED UP to draft a guy in the 1st round who had 2 heart procedures and now has to have a 3rd?

****ing brilliant.....

Wondering how the risks were presented by medical people before the draft and how it was decided that the risks were worth the trade up/1st round selection.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
RIP

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
His agent is being ridiculous.

Chargers offered 10 and up to 11 according to some reports a year. Still would put him in the top 5 paid RBs in the league either way.

He wants more money than Bell, Gurley and Johnson. Is he better than those 3? I'd argue no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad