2019 NFL/NCAA Coaches on the Hotseat

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
It's beyond time for Patricia & Quinn to be fired. Both have been in way over their heads since the beginning & are utterly clueless.

Trading Quandre Diggs to Seattle for practically nothing should be a fireable offense on its own for both.

Same old Lions...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's beyond time for Patricia & Quinn to be fired. Both have been in way over their heads since the beginning & are utterly clueless.

Trading Quandre Diggs to Seattle for practically nothing should be a fireable offense on its own for both.

Same old Lions...
starting to think the guy who gave up 41 points to nick foles in the super bowl may not be good

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is Zac Taylor one and done?
With Mike Brown as owner? No chance. Out of all of their being-the-Bengals in their history, only one coach went less than 2 full seasons and it was back in the 70s, and he replaced the only other guy to go less than 3.

Reactions: sabremike

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
To be fair nobody was going anywhere with that Bengals team. Why fire a guy when you know next year is also going to be crap. Brown is cheap anyways he won’t want to pay a guy to sit at home when he can easily be a lame duck coach while they tank for Trevor Lawrence

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
My guesses on coaches that get fired after the season are Doug Marrone, Dan Quinn, Jason Garrett, and maybe Freddie Kitchens.

I think everyone else under heat gets at least one more chance with their teams.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
My guesses on coaches that get fired after the season are Doug Marrone, Dan Quinn, Jason Garrett, and maybe Freddie Kitchens.

I think everyone else under heat gets at least one more chance with their teams.

Report say that the Browns want to keep Kitchens around and consider this year a learning curve.

However, if the reports of Landry & OBJ wanting out are true, I wonder how they proceed.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Report say that the Browns want to keep Kitchens around and consider this year a learning curve.

However, if the reports of Landry & OBJ wanting out are true, I wonder how they proceed.
Keep in mind the report had an out built in, and getting slaughtered in a must win game by a three win team with a rookie head coach and rookie QB might well be the collapse leading to his firing.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Keep in mind the report had an out built in, and getting slaughtered in a must win game by a three win team with a rookie head coach and rookie QB might well be the collapse leading to his firing.

Agreed, I don't think they keep him especially with more experienced guys that will be available. They jumped the gun a little bit after last seasons run.

Gut feeling they come out of nowhere to bring Jim Harbaugh back to the NFL

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Only with the Lions can you be an utter failure at GM & Head Coach and keep yours jobs. Same old Lions....what a joke.

Actually this can be said about several other franchises in the NFL.

Only hope the Lions have is for the Ford Family to sell the team. They have tried everything else and failed miserably.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Only hope the Lions have is for the Ford Family to sell the team. They have tried everything else and failed miserably.

That is true but the legacy of Matt Millen makes people think of Lions when these things come up

31-97 the Lions went under him
23-41 at home
8-56 on road
3 years without a road win (2001-2003)

It took them hitting rock bottom (0-16) for the Millen era to end

Around league circles his performance was laughingstock and derided

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
None of these names we’re throwing around are truly safe. Just have to wait until after the season.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee

It was quite comical to see all the "Sell the Team" shirts & banners that were in the crowd on Sunday, although it is most likely that nothing will happen while Martha Ford is still alive. Most likely for tax purposes, it'll be easier to do so once she is gone, and all signs are pointing to her daughter, Sheila Ford Hamp, taking over when the time comes, God help us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->