2019 NFL/NCAA Coaches on the Hotseat

Sep 19, 2008
None of these names we’re throwing around are truly safe. Just have to wait until after the season.
Jets ownership stood behind gase yet fans are making billboards demanding his ouster

Anyone can be sacked

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jets ownership stood behind gase yet fans are making billboards demanding his ouster

Anyone can be sacked

If anyone made it obvious at this point, it's still just noise. What did Carolina gain by firing Rivera? They didn't dump any of their other coaches. Just gave him a few extra weeks off

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Browns fans started a "Fire Freddie!" chant today. I expect to see "Kitchens Out as Browns HC", possibly tonight.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Gase era started off poorly but they are now 6-9 and basically at or better then what people expected of them

I dont see any reason for Jet fans to be upset with Gase at this point going into next year

If Jets dont improve give him axe but the performance this year has been nothing disasterous

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If the Browns liked Kitchens that much, they should have found a more experienced coach and try to convince him to keep Kitchens as OC. They literally bought into the hype of Bakers play the last 6 weeks (this sent a shot at Mayfield, they just attributed too much of that play to Kitchens) and now they basically lost a season of him and Garrett on their cheap rookie deals.

OBJ trade was also an extension of that hype.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
This came after they trounced the Ravens in Week 4

"We don't draw up plays to beat the other team. We play football. That's what we want to be. I can't get more clear than that. I think you know that about me. We want to be a football team. We don't want to be the designer of plays"

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This came after they trounced the Ravens in Week 4

"We don't draw up plays to beat the other team. We play football. That's what we want to be. I can't get more clear than that. I think you know that about me. We want to be a football team. We don't want to be the designer of plays"

I wouldn't try to dive too deep on Kitchens quotes. He's very awkward and uncomfortable with the media, which comes from the fact he spent his career until midway last season as a position coach who never did interviews.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Gase era started off poorly but they are now 6-9 and basically at or better then what people expected of them

I dont see any reason for Jet fans to be upset with Gase at this point going into next year

If Jets dont improve give him axe but the performance this year has been nothing disasterous

Speaking of improving:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Speaking of improving:

This was one of the things that got the Flyers dignitaries cleared out. At least they got a 1st round pick from a team that is notorious for not making big trades.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Falcons are going to have another losing season next year but because they will blow out a hapless Panthers franchise twice, Quinn and the GM will get another year. Good stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad