OT: 2019 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why is he on the hot seat now? They picked a guy at 3 that everyone had at 3.

Probably because Macc can't get any other pick right aside from the obvious first-round talent that falls into his lap the way lottery balls fall into Taylor Hall's palm.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That's fine, but why now?

Who knows, he was probably on the hot seat already, it just happened to come out now. Or there's already friction with him and Gase which wouldn't be a shocker especially considering Gase's type A personality and the fact the coach and GM almost always have cross purposes.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Rosen to Miami for 62 overall

MIA traded back from 48 to pick up an extra 2nd next year

I dont like Rosen as a player but that is a pretty good deal

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Rosen to Miami for 62 overall

MIA traded back from 48 to pick up an extra 2nd next year

I dont like Rosen as a player but that is a pretty good deal
The market being so low for Rosen is not a great sign, but that is an easy deal to make.

I think Arizona looks pretty bad here but if he becomes any good while Murray doesn't pan out?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Who knows, he was probably on the hot seat already, it just happened to come out now. Or there's already friction with him and Gase which wouldn't be a shocker especially considering Gase's type A personality and the fact the coach and GM almost always have cross purposes.

There are rumors that Gregg Williams wanted someone else. And there are the rumors that the Jets were trying to trade down. Macc did neither.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Not too happy with the Eagles second, 2nd round pick.

The scouting report is he'd be an elite player if he didn't fumble so much, which is a bit like saying that would be an amazing fighter jet if only it had wings.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

The scouting report is he'd be an elite player if he didn't fumble so much, which is a bit like saying that would be an amazing fighter jet if only it had wings.

Miles SAnders and JJ Arcega-Whiteside is a hell of a haul for Philly....

their offense will be scary.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Tiki is the shining star example of fixing fumbling issues, and I figured Coughlin could fix any one, but alas.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The market being so low for Rosen is not a great sign, but that is an easy deal to make.

I think Arizona looks pretty bad here but if he becomes any good while Murray doesn't pan out?
The NFL is an absolute meat grinder with no redeeming personalities or sympathy for anyone on all sides.

In any other sport Rosen is worth far more. OBJ receives a king's ransom in the NBA, MLB, and especially the NHL.

It's become savagely apparent that very few in ownership or management gives a fish about anyone other than proven or potential top flight QB's. There's always another fast kid with ups and hands or a monster who can run a 4.35.

As much as I loathe the team soon to be in Vegas, I'd love it if Gruden gave another giant middle finger to the apparatus by winning with a mediocre-trashbag QB.

At this point I'm pretty much waiting for the last boy scout to [unfortunately] come to fruition.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tiki is the shining star example of fixing fumbling issues, and I figured Coughlin could fix any one, but alas.

This is obviously what the Eagles are thinking, as apparently if this kid didn't have banana fingers he'd be a 100% 1st Rounder, but still, it's a risky pick.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The NFL is an absolute meat grinder with no redeeming personalities or sympathy for anyone on all sides.

In any other sport Rosen is worth far more. OBJ receives a king's ransom in the NBA, MLB, and especially the NHL.

It's become savagely apparent that very few in ownership or management gives a fish about anyone other than proven or potential top flight QB's. There's always another fast kid with ups and hands or a monster who can run a 4.35.

As much as I loathe the team soon to be in Vegas, I'd love it if Gruden gave another giant middle finger to the apparatus by winning with a mediocre-trashbag QB.

At this point I'm pretty much waiting for the last boy scout to [unfortunately] come to fruition.

If fans weren't craving offense for their fantasy teams, the NFL wouldn't be a QB league it has morphed into

I was watching the draft last night on silent at the gym last night and I can't help but laugh at people who go to it. A team is coming up on stage, the camera pans to the fans itching with anticipation, the pick is announced, and the camera pans back to those fans with confused looks on their face. It takes them like 10 seconds to remember that the cameras are on them then realize that they should start clapping with approval of the drafting of a guard they've never heard of from Middle Tennessee State with 82nd pick

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I was watching the draft last night on silent at the gym last night and I can't help but laugh at people who go to it. A team is coming up on stage, the camera pans to the fans itching with anticipation, the pick is announced, and the camera pans back to those fans with confused looks on their face. It takes them like 10 seconds to remember that the cameras are on them then realize that they should start clapping with approval of the drafting of a guard they've never heard of from Middle Tennessee State with 82nd pick

YES. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I've never seen so many people cheering for something they have no idea about before. Some people would go insane like they won PowerBall over a linebacker they may or may not have seen play once or twice on TV.

That had to be manufactured by the NFL, right? Like, "hey we'll put you on TV since you're in XYZ team's jersey, but as soon as the pick gets announced you cheer"

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Doesn't sound like Ballentine was hurt too bad in the shooting, still waiting to see the details as per why there was a shooting.

Tragic for Simmons and his family though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad