OT: 2019 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And then the Redskins of all teams get Haskins at 15 so now Haskins and Jones are gonna be compared forever.

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Also, ESPN showing that video of what the kid the Titans drafted did when he was 18 was classless. It was unnecessary and served no purpose.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The Giants have really lost their way. Their roster management and decision making of late has been both bizarre and incompetent.

Reactions: Smitty426

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
When I saw the headline that the giants selected Jones at 6 I had to check 3 sources before I was convinced it wasn't an onion headline.

What an unmitigated disaster.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Also, ESPN showing that video of what the kid the Titans drafted did when he was 18 was classless. It was unnecessary and served no purpose.
Why did it serve no purpose? They're a media outlet and domestic violence is a recurring theme in the NFL.

He absolutely pummeled that defenseless woman while she was turtled up, I'd say that's a relevant story.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
I was watching the draft on NFL Network and they talked about that player with the domestic violence story and downplaying it so much and that everyone says he's a great guy and he did it because the woman said something "unthinkable"...it was awkward watching them gush over how it wasn't a big deal. It was surreal.

Making a guess, but the player's agent did a heck of a job in PR for his client.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Just looked up the video of the Titans guy. How is a player like that even drafted anymore when teams are finally being forced to cut and suspend these guys that already play in the nfl?

Edit: and it amazes me that we still live in a world where 30 plus people can be seen walking around a circle in a neighborhood while morons flail on each other. Kids of all ages watching a learning and hey look... that one looks to be in her 40s. :rolleyes::ha:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So apparently Eli nixed his in-season weekly Monday afternoon interview with Francesa cause he's 'not sure he'll be the QB every week next season' :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't actually think that's a terrible deal for the Dolphins, I'm not a big Rosen fan but you're getting a first-round guy a year later for a mid-2 and a QB no less.

The Maccagnan stuff...it's fine for me if the Jets are putting him on the hot seat, but if he's got such a short leash why is he still here with a new coach entrusted with such a critical offseason? Either double down and give him through next offseason or should have just **** canned him with Bowles.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
This is why NE always runs away with the division every year. The Dolphins, Jets, and Bills are ****ing dysfunctional
I mean I;m not a Rosen fan but trading a mid 2 (rumored) for a QB taken in teh top 10 last year isnt a bad move

if he sucks like I think, you just pick Tua next year as planned

plus the deal isnt done yet. I have a hard time MIA gives up their 2. I think they'll wait it out.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
So apparently Eli nixed his in-season weekly Monday afternoon interview with Francesa cause he's 'not sure he'll be the QB every week next season' :P
I went to bat for the Barkley pick, sticking with Eli, and even the OBJ trade.

But this is turning in to a trainwreck melting down in to a dumpster fire.

What a joke. Enjoy 50k fans per game of mostly opposing teams fans.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I don't actually think that's a terrible deal for the Dolphins, I'm not a big Rosen fan but you're getting a first-round guy a year later for a mid-2 and a QB no less.

The Maccagnan stuff...it's fine for me if the Jets are putting him on the hot seat, but if he's got such a short leash why is he still here with a new coach entrusted with such a critical offseason? Either double down and give him through next offseason or should have just **** canned him with Bowles.
Because they see what the Giants are doing and said "hey, wait! We can still F up too!"

Not this year gang green, certainly not this year.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I mean I;m not a Rosen fan but trading a mid 2 (rumored) for a QB taken in teh top 10 last year isnt a bad move

if he sucks like I think, you just pick Tua next year as planned
He seems to have attitude issues, but I would've been happy if the giants rolled with this plan of attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad