OT: 2019 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
So the new Jets unis are out and while the helmets look pretty cool, the jerseys look like they borrowed a local high school team's design.

NEW-YORK-JETS-NEW-UNIFORMS-2019-LEAK-FEAT-2.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I think they were more or less combining the '80's logo with the '60's logo for the helmet and came up with that...other than the dark color scheme (yuck) I really can't complain much about the new jerseys which is saying something. It's not TOO out there.

Last edited:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I would love to know how much they paid for a marketing team to come up with the jersey design

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I sat on it for a bit, and I kinda dig the look of the greens and blacks. I really like the helmet too, that needed to change more than anything. I wouldn't have minded more of an overhaul of the logo either, but I understand keeping something somewhat similar.

The way I see it, we could use an identity overhaul. :laugh:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I sat on it for a bit, and I kinda dig the look of the greens and blacks. I really like the helmet too, that needed to change more than anything. I wouldn't have minded more of an overhaul of the logo either, but I understand keeping something somewhat similar.

The way I see it, we could use an identity overhaul. :laugh:

That would take Woody Johnson selling the team

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Any Jersey jets fan should be insulted by these...

Eh, they're the New York Jets. They're my team, so it doesn't bother me. I've never been one of those that feel they need to represent my state since they never really have in the first place :laugh:.

I'd only ever feel that way about the Devils if, god forbid, there was ever consideration of them leaving.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Eh, they're the New York Jets. They're my team, so it doesn't bother me. I've never been one of those that feel they need to represent my state since they never really have in the first place :laugh:.

I'd only ever feel that way about the Devils if, god forbid, there was ever consideration of them leaving.

Plus I could care less that they want to retain the NY name for branding purposes even though they technically have played in NJ now longer than they were in NY...everyone knows why the Jets, Giants and Red Bulls use NY. It’s not like fans of those teams in NJ would cease rooting for them if they did in fact play in NY.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I mean, couldnt the Giants have taken a better player at #6, and then traded up to take Jones at #15 even #17 or something?

Last edited:

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Giants should have taken Allen at six and then traded for josh Allen. Or gotten jones or Lock at 17. Seriously I’m flabbergasted. What a f***ing reach at six.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
As an Eagles fan I'm elated the Giants would do something to hurt their future, and not to belabor the point, but did anyone's mock draft have Jones in the top-15? I dont think so.

And the Giants have the 17th pick. They likely could have taken him there.

Even if you're worried someone unexpectedly takes him, just trade #17 & a 4th Round pick to move up a handful of spots, and keep the #6 for a really dynamic player. I'm floored!

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
As an Eagles fan I'm elated the Giants would do something to hurt their future, and not to belabor the point, but did anyone's mock draft have Jones in the top-15? I dont think so.

And the Giants have the 17th pick. They likely could have taken him there.

Even if you're worried someone unexpectedly takes him, just trade #17 & a 4th Round pick to move up a handful of spots, and keep the #6 for a really dynamic player. I'm floored!

Funny enough, Walterfootball's mock draft had the Giants taking Jones at #6. (beware, there's a TON of ads on the site...near unusable)

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Funny enough, Walterfootball's mock draft had the Giants taking Jones at #6. (beware, there's a TON of ads on the site...near unusable)

This is more the gist that I got (from CBS):

The Giants are able to sit back, let the draft come to them and still land the quarterback they reportedly covet with their second first-round pick.
Giants fans would hate if the team took Jones at No. 6, but Josh Allen and Jones? That's a win.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The Mannings have traditionally worked out in the offseason with the Duke coach. I wonder if that connection played some role in the Giants pick. Still a head scratcher

There's no justifying it. The Mannings could've went to Gettleman and said he's the second coming of Joe Montana and it still is a wasted pick.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad