OT: 2019-nCov (Part 6) QuaranSpring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
If you haven't heard about it, you're not in a position to need an N95. That is, unless the situation or knowledge about the virus changes in coming weeks.

You should stop spreading misinformation. I encourage anyone to buy and use a N95 mask if they can get their hands on one. Wearing a mask if you need to leave your residence significantly reduces your chances of getting infected, full stop.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
There will probably be a lot of credits to be had when this is all over to jump start the economy. I had planned to buy a condo when I retire and move to Bend Oregon, I might do that asap now. There are lakes, rivers mountains and forests. You can hike, fish, ski (cross country and alpine)etc.

The drawback, Californication , many Californians have moved there and triggered prices.

Here's a view from the golf course:

images

Here is a winter picture:

upload_2020-3-21_11-21-26.jpeg

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I know people are saying we don't need them if we don't experience any symptoms, but still I'd like my parents to have them , they're in the high risk group.

You don't need them period. Neither you or they are fitted nor doing any aerosol generating procedures. Tell them to stay home. If they or you have symptoms, you don't need N95s either. You either isolate or put on a normal mask and go to the proper clinic, calling beforehand.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You should stop spreading misinformation. I encourage anyone to buy and use a N95 mask if they can get their hands on one. Wearing a mask if you need to leave your residence significantly reduces your chances of getting infected, full stop.

Lmao.

Whatever you say doc.

Leave the stocks for the people working on the front lines, doing procedures that do need an N95.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Banks have been bailed out a bunch of times in the nations interests, but now seem reluctant to help, case by case examination. If the Government doesnt step up and impose measures to broadly protect people, there could be some serious fires that are going to start, and add to the chaos.

People who were prepping last week now have no money coming in.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
If you haven't heard about it, you're not in a position to need an N95. That is, unless the situation or knowledge about the virus changes in coming weeks.

I have an N95 face mask made by 3M in my garage that I bought 5 yrs ago from Home Depot for some painting work, didn't notice any fitness test instructions in it.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Nope... nobody should be buying N95 right now other than health professionals and suggesting otherwise is irresponsible.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I have an N95 face mask made by 3M in my garage that I bought 5 yrs ago from Home Depot for some painting work, didn't notice any fitness test instructions in it.

You need a fit test done either either every 1 or two years depending on the guideline for proper seal. The fit tests are done at hospitals, for healthcare workers i.e. those who could potentially need them.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Lmao.

Whatever you say doc.

Leave the stocks for the people working on the front lines, doing procedures that do need an N95.

Nope... nobody should be buying N95 right now other than health professionals and suggesting otherwise is irresponsible.

Doing 'procedures that do need an N95 mask' doesn't exist. An N95 mask simply filters the air in which you breathe.

I'll protect myself thank you. I have a right to buy a mask that significantly decreases my chance of getting infected.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
You need a fit test done either either every 1 or two years depending on the guideline for proper seal. The fit tests are done at hospitals, for healthcare workers i.e. those who could potentially need them.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to a fitness test in case it interferes with one's breathing, now I see, thanks!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know people are saying we don't need them if we don't experience any symptoms, but still I'd like my parents to have them , they're in the high risk group.

Apparently, the masks are for people who have the virus or for professionals. There has been such a raid on them that the pros can't even get them for themselves in hospitals.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
All IGA, Provigo, Metro, Maxi and Super C stores on the island (perhaps even the province and the country) operate from 8AM until 8PM right now.
I learned that yesterday. Went to my Provigo yesterday at 7:55PM with my gf, thinking they were still closing at 10PM. There was an employee at the door making sure people wouldn’t come in as the store was about to close. He looked like he expected us to be pissed, not at all, thanks sir, it makes sense, be safe.

We still have plenty of food except that we might need fresh produce and ingredients for recipes (I’m out of black pepper and butter for example). We’ll go later today.

Very nutritious. Perfect last meal.
One bite and you’ll never eat anything else after!

I missed the start where Legault usually speaks and announces these things. But when I was watching, at the bottom of the screen, they wrote that schools won't open before May.
Remember yesterday he said that March 30th might have been too optimistic and that he thought May could be more reasonable to expect. Today, he didn’t announce anything about that, but answering a question, he said that May was now the most optimistic scenario for schools. Also, he said that the Sanitary Emergency status has been renewed for 10 extra days (at the very least).

Personal update: Me and my gf work is still closed, but management calls every 2 days to get and give news. Personally, I’m a part-time status employee that works full-time hours (waiting for a position to open) but the company is really fair with us and I’m paid around the same amount of hours that I would have been supposed to work.

For my second job (1 night shift once a week), I’m usually alone in an office, but my colleague taking over the next morning and my boss are both over 70, so from now on, everything has been setup for us to be able to work from home. It’s great because there is a 4-hour period of time at night where I have nothing to do except being on standby if something happens or if I receive a phone call. Working from home will make that much more comfortable!

And for university, I already transferred to Teluq (100% online) earlier this Winter, so I’m good! My friends still at UQAM are in a weird situation right now, as there is not really a structure in place there yet for online learning, so most teachers are trying their best but they all have their own ideas/methods.

So I am very lucky so far with that mess. One last thing: I went outside yesterday for my first outdoor run of the year (damn I’m not in shape). It was very windy, but what stood out was that there were so many people outside, it felt like Easter Monday. Social distancing was tough in the Gouin/St-Laurent/Fleury area!

This is exactly how I felt (French):

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Doing 'procedures that do need an N95 mask' doesn't exist. An N95 mask simply filters the air in which you breathe.

I'll protect myself thank you. I have a right to buy a mask that significantly decreases my chance of getting infected.

Fit test, not fitness test.

It basically makes sure the mask seals properly and air doesn't come in between the mask and the skin.

If you have a beard, the N95 lose a lot of effectiveness and you need to shave everyday.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Even at the hospital, they're specifically for aerosol generating procedures. This is, quite literally, the guideline for every single major public health institution in Canada, the US and, well, the world.

People have every right to be idiots, I'm not ever going to say otherwise. For the more rational people: please leave the masks for of the professionals that need them.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Apparently, the masks are for people who have the virus or for professionals. There has been such a raid on them that the pros can't even get them for themselves in hospitals.

Not everyone wears them even in the hospital setting. The guidelines are strict and they're hidden from view for fear of employees stealing them. Even recently two patients had to be transfered from the unit because of a suspicion and the N95s weren't used, as per the infectious diseases teams orders.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006

The professionals have shortages because of a lack of stockpiles and established supply chains, not because X amount of individuals are buying them.

Even at the hospital, they're specifically for aerosol generating procedures. This is, quite literally, the guideline for every single major public health institution in Canada, the US and, well, the world.

People have every right to be idiots, I'm not ever going to say otherwise. For the more rational people: please leave the masks for of the professionals that need them.

Choosing to wear a mask in a pandemic where a highly contagious virus is spreading around the world is not being an idiot. To suggest otherwise is silly. Telling people not to wear masks is more akin to idiocy, not the other way around.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Choosing to wear a mask in a pandemic where a highly contagious virus is spreading around the world is not being an idiot. To suggest otherwise is silly. Telling people not to wear masks is more akin to idiocy, not the other way around.

Well, the CDC and every public health organization is silly then :rolleyes:.

The N95s, not masks (...are you following the conversation?), but specifically the N95 respirator has specific uses even in the healthcare setting.

If you're not fitted, then buying an N95 makes even less sense and just compounds the shortage problem when those N95 should be in hospitals and clinics, not under a goddamn sink.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The professionals have shortages because of a lack of stockpiles and established supply chains, not because X amount of individuals are buying them.

The U.S. Surgeon General hates people like you.

Masks may actually increase your coronavirus risk if worn improperly, surgeon general warns - CNN

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
The governments in the West are lying to you because they don't have enough supply. It's not that hard to figure out.

Many Asian governments, especially the successful ones, are recommending the use of masks in public.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad