OT: 2019-nCov (Part 6) QuaranSpring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Things is, while this was going on here, I never was scared. When the government slammed the hammer down, the vast majority of people did what they were told, there were no major disturbances whatsoever. You kind of knew that this would suck for a while, but it was for the best.

now I’m scared to death, scared of my parents, my brother, scared that the incompetence down south is gonna put my family at risk. Ms MD is the same, because her PM in czechia is a dumdum, she’s scared of her mom who is still in chemo, her sister and newborn, et cetera.

What pisses me off the most is this:

- china shuts down an entire city
- west does nothing

-China shuts down a bunch of provinces
- west does nothing

-China shuts down country
-west does nothing

-Virus shows up
-“Oh well that’s something we never saw coming”

:rant:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Legault said the demand for testing is lower than the capacity for testing right now. That's pretty good news. That means not many Quebeckers are showing symptoms at the moment.

The fact that the amount of people waiting for their results has dropped for a third day in a row. As well as the amount of negative results has increased so much can be seen as a positive.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone know where I can order N95 masks? They appear to be sold out everywhere except for Walmart on-line and Amazon, those ones don't give me the impression of being the real thing.

I hear we're supposed to leave those to professionals. They're experiencing a serious shortage. :dunno:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone know where I can order N95 masks? They appear to be sold out everywhere except for Walmart on-line and Amazon, those ones don't give me the impression of being the real thing.

You don't need an N95. You also need a fit test done before to know which one to even buy in the first place.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Meantime, we have an update of how much the situation is degrading in the US.

HlSFjl1.gif

Yes, even Dr. Anthony Fauci cannot be immunized against this ...

esP8i33.gif

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Every kid's dream job. Lucky.

My dream job as a little kid was bus driver! :) I ran a bus line on my bicycle and drove around in a park close to where I lived and every park bench that wasn't occupied was a bus stop, I stopped the bike, put my foot on the bench and pretended I let people on the bus after taking their cash, then to the next bus stop. I had 2 hard card board pieces attached with clothes pins so the spokes hit the card boards, one on the front wheel and one on the back that made sound which was the engine... :)

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I hear we're supposed to leave those to professionals. They're experiencing a serious shortage. :dunno:

I know people are saying we don't need them if we don't experience any symptoms, but still I'd like my parents to have them , they're in the high risk group.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Legault said the demand for testing is lower than the capacity for testing right now. That's pretty good news. That means not many Quebeckers are showing symptoms at the moment.
Sure, but he also qualified his statement by saying that currently, the test is only being given to people who are showing symptoms who have travelled. Wish they'd expand the number of people being tested to include all people showing symptoms if they have the 'excess' capacity he claims.

Reactions: c3z4r

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It's people who travel. The wealthy tend to travel most.

I'm willing to suspect that if you divide the data by class and family/personal income, people in higher brackets will have it more than people in lower income brackets. At least at this stage. Eventually, everyone will get it.

People of lower income will tend to have less space than the wealthy and likely poorer access to food, sanitation and pharmcological products.

I think this puts them at greater risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad