OT: 2019-nCov (Part 6) QuaranSpring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Metro delivery has about a 2 week delay. IGA online has a 1 hour + queue before the site will even let you in. I have not been able to find any other grocery delivery options... Best I could find is Maxi online orders for pickup, and even that has several days lead time so far.

We realistically have enough food for probably 3 weeks or so. Maybe a bit less for baby stuff, though she can eat most adult foods now, and Costco/Amazon delivers formula and diapers. The only thing we will run out of is stuff like produce, maybe milk and eggs. And beer. Might try to run out to a small dep and grab some beer... Not going to be what I am used to but there's got to be some IPAs at the dep right?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
We do have a few, but not nearly as many as there are in Toronto.

However, all large grocery store chains had reduced their hours during the COVID-19 outbreak. They all close at 8PM now.

There might be a handful of small, independent stores that are still open 24 hours but those aren't easy to get to for most.
Not sure what area you're in but there's an IGA on Hochelaga just east of the 25 that's 24h, unless they've adjusted their hours due to the current circumstances.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I realised starting from now we will have to live and think like Monk the tv serie if we don't want to catch that ###@* virus, lol.

Monk with the mayor of SF giving him advices about the garbage truck strike, making SF a city surrounded by garbage and it's mind bugging for hyper scared sanitory Monk character.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I hear you. Our cusomers are airlines. I am pretty sure my job is safe, but S wil hit the F for a lot of people later this year for sure.

My billable rate is about $200 USD an hour (not what I take home, unfortunately, not even close lol). I can't see many companies willing to pay for this kind of thing when nobody is going to be spending money on their stuff. I've built software for companies that sell $30,000 bicycles and $500 workout shorts. Those companies are going to hurt bad when half the country is out of work. Right now working on a $2 million contract for a company that makes wedding jewelry... The contract is already signed so I don't know if they can necessarily back out now, but there needs to be another contract after that one... Ain't nobody having big weddings any time soon, I already know a few people have have cancelled their weddings.

They have already paid for me until June. After that I have no idea. Company is still hiring, I am supposed to become a manager in July with a team of new hires we have just made offers to...

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
This virus has been here for months I too can confirm that I had a weird flu in January as well many people I have talked to who say the same. Never felt like this in my life before but it took about five days. I got it because I was working in a hospital that was overflowing with patients with the flu. The medical industry figured that this year they gave out the wrong flu shot as the other strain is what became stronger this year. I don't buy it, this thing has been here and that just means millions were already infected and some of those flu deaths may be actual corona deaths. If true then the death rate is low except for the health afflicted people and those people die from flu as well. In past societies when we had less medical quality most people ended up being killed by pneumonia. When you are unhealthy, pneumonia is usually what gets you in the end as your immune system becomes to compromised. The lesson here, don't do drugs, alcohol, and smoke and you may live longer, do stupid things and pay the price.

Dangerous Curves - American Greatness

A young lady I know had wicked pneumonia in early January also, she almost died from it. Was thinking the same thing about the possibility of it being covid-19 and no one knew it at the time. I suppose a blood test would verify whether she has antibodies to it.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
This virus has been here for months I too can confirm that I had a weird flu in January as well many people I have talked to who say the same. Never felt like this in my life before but it took about five days. I got it because I was working in a hospital that was overflowing with patients with the flu. The medical industry figured that this year they gave out the wrong flu shot as the other strain is what became stronger this year. I don't buy it, this thing has been here and that just means millions were already infected and some of those flu deaths may be actual corona deaths. If true then the death rate is low except for the health afflicted people and those people die from flu as well. In past societies when we had less medical quality most people ended up being killed by pneumonia. When you are unhealthy, pneumonia is usually what gets you in the end as your immune system becomes to compromised. The lesson here, don't do drugs, alcohol, and smoke and you may live longer, do stupid things and pay the price.

Dangerous Curves - American Greatness

You had the flu.

If so many people had corona in January like you pretend, the curves we see today would look much different. The vaccine was 58% this year, plenty of room to get the wrong strain.

Habz4

Oct 1, 2013
I did my groceries online from Walmart and going to pick it up on Monday morning first thing when they open. It was fairly easy and they had almost everything. Paid online and they drop it in your car, no interaction.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I'm one of the lucky few who neither work with the public or are likely to lose wages. I'm a train conductor for a major freight company so we're going to have to keep moving cars. However I've already noticed that our traffic is down and I imagine some of our clients already are or will be shutting down. The good news is that the decrease in traffic will help us catch up with the massive back log that the barricades caused last month.

I feel for you guys with tenuous employment and income situations. And the job market was already pretty bleak to begin with, with this whole culture of temporary and contract employment. My dad is one of you guys, and just on the cusp of retirement which is now looking less and less feasible by the day. Tough to be in that situation at any age, no less in your 60s. Hang in there everyone, if we do everything right most of us will be back at work soon.

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
You had the flu.

If so many people had corona in January like you pretend, the curves we see today would look much different. The vaccine was 58% this year, plenty of room to get the wrong strain.

You are probably right, but there was no need to insult him, it didn't sound like he was pretending anything, he just stated his beliefs on the subject. I wouldn't be surprised if some flu deaths were actual corona deaths.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I wore a Montreal Impact scarf on my face when I went shopping. I do have painter masks but I feel the scarf is less dramatic.

And the CDC amazingly said that was fine protection so....

Like this?

upload_2020-3-21_9-0-19.jpeg

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Had to go to the Urgency yesterday for my girlfriend ( for 3-4 hours), she had some inflammation in her chest. We saw 2 people waiting in a special room for Corona.

Anyway, I was wondering if we need to do a quarantine now ?

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
You had the flu.

This broke out in China back in December before holiday season travel was going on I have a feeling that by January it was already transmitted to US. I never had this type of flu before, the symptoms were totally different than anything I felt before. People were misdiagnosed it has been around for longer than we know.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Not sure what area you're in but there's an IGA on Hochelaga just east of the 25 that's 24h, unless they've adjusted their hours due to the current circumstances.
All IGA, Provigo, Metro, Maxi and Super C stores on the island (perhaps even the province and the country) operate from 8AM until 8PM right now.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Well, postal workers and every other delivering companies still have to work everyday

Public servants etc. There is alot of people still working. I'm still working 40 a week, when the works runs out though I'm not sure. It's been nice to catch up though, you know those things you always want to do but can't because too busy, well now I was able to do them, feels good actually.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm one of the lucky few who neither work with the public or are likely to lose wages. I'm a train conductor for a major freight company so we're going to have to keep moving cars. However I've already noticed that our traffic is down and I imagine some of our clients already are or will be shutting down. The good news is that the decrease in traffic will help us catch up with the massive back log that the barricades caused last month.

I feel for you guys with tenuous employment and income situations. And the job market was already pretty bleak to begin with, with this whole culture of temporary and contract employment. My dad is one of you guys, and just on the cusp of retirement which is now looking less and less feasible by the day. Tough to be in that situation at any age, no less in your 60s. Hang in there everyone, if we do everything right most of us will be back at work soon.

It's funny that so many were fine to let the barricades be for political correctness reasons, but as soon as shit hit the fan, nary a peep. Shows you where the priorities really are when the chips are down.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Had to go to the Urgency yesterday for my girlfriend ( for 3-4 hours), she had some inflammation in her chest. We saw 2 people waiting in a special room for Corona.

Anyway, I was wondering if we need to do a quarantine now ?

If you can, you should be doing it, whether you are sick or not. If she was having breathing issues, you definitely should be in quarantine for 2 weeks no matter what, both of you.

My wife, myself and my baby are all sick, infrequent coughing, and congested with sore throat. No fever or troubles breathing. But it's been over a week now and still not really better. Probably just a cold, but we are staying home as much as humanly possible (I had to get my perscription at the pharmacy but it was in and out and I did not go near anyone or cough while there).

But even if we were not sick, we would be home and plan to be home for at least a month.

Reactions: Forum93

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
181 cases now in Quebec. Went up a lot compared to yesterday, but was expected. 42 cases more than yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest