OT: 2019-nCov (Part 6) QuaranSpring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Stay safe. Stay sane. Find something to enjoy.

It's pretty much gotten to that point already.

naked+gun+body+condom.png

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
For those of you who want to see how the hospitals in Quebec are holding at the moment, this website is great. Our hospitals are actually in great shape at the moment. Maybe the corona virus is keeping some of the people (especially those who go to the emergency rooms for pretty much anything) at home.

Temps d'attente dans les urgences du Québec
Which makes perfect sense. The people who were hyper-cautious about symptoms are now hyper-cautious about people.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Another day, another thread.

@Runner77, that picture really made me laugh. Like Per said, it's a keeper.

Well, Monday is when I probably run out of certain foodstuffs. I guess that means a trip to Maxi's. Not too worried, but will be cautious.

Hear about the new virtual currency?

Butt coin
toilet-paper.jpg

That's a shitty 1.:)

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
For those of you who want to see how the hospitals in Quebec are holding at the moment, this website is great. Our hospitals are actually in great shape at the moment. Maybe the corona virus is keeping some of the people (especially those who go to the emergency rooms for pretty much anything) at home.

Temps d'attente dans les urgences du Québec
Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Montréal is kind of busy though

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Having worked there, the people living in some pavilions have absolutely no clue what's going on. Nor could they understand it if they would know, which makes enforcing measures such as these rather difficult. I guess you keep them all locked in their rooms.

Reactions: groovejuice

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I think most government employees and permanent teachers are getting paid as well, however, most in the non-essential private sector are getting crushed. I suppose if you are a lawyer, accountant, banker.... business carries on.

from what I heard, the government dissolved the cba for the teachers and they are no longer getting paid. At least this is what I heard from the husband of a teacher in the EMSB.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
BenchBrawl
Guess it has become impossible to go to a grocery store without meeting a crowd.

I have about 2 months worth of food but figured I could use a bit more, went at 8am but there was too many people in the parking for my taste so came back home.

They should implement something to change that, they are nests of contagion. People should go LESS to grocery stores, so not sure why theyre so packed.​

Umm, I live in Toronto so things may be different but aren't there any 24hr supermarkets?
We have 24hr Metro supermarket, Rabba etc etc. Although I generally don't go to these but if I need to go get food with today's current situation I would just go shopping at 3AM or something. Guaranteed to have less crowds though there are definitely like minded people but certainly less than going at regular hours...​

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
from what I heard, the government dissolved the cba for the teachers and they are no longer getting paid. At least this is what I heard from the husband of a teacher in the EMSB.

I know permanent teachers in Ontario are still getting paid, occasional teachers are advised to apply for unemployment insurance.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I wore a Montreal Impact scarf on my face when I went shopping. I do have painter masks but I feel the scarf is less dramatic.

And the CDC amazingly said that was fine protection so....

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I actually wonder how long it'll be before I potentially lose my job.

I can do it entirely from home, and have done it remotely for almost a whole year now. But the company I work for is based out of Chicago. Illinois is in lockdown since yesterday. I build e-commerce software, which you would think would be great in this climate, but most of my clients are luxury brands, not things like grocery stores or essentials. I am seeing an increased urgency from management around ensuring our billings are up to date, etc...

And if my clients decide to put things on hold, well there's not much the company can do. We have laid people off before in slow times, not usually on the engineering side, but it's always a possibility. Seeing the state of the USA today, I am a bit nervous about my future working for an American company that depends on American clients. I can probably find another job as a developer even if much of the economy is shut down, but many will be in my position. Perhaps it's an opportunity to get back into my true passion, game development. I'm sure the demand for games will go up as people get bored.

Definitely something I need to start thinking about and planning for, if this drags out.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
But then they can't disinfect.

They can hire a full time janitor/ janitors and take safety measures like right now. They can install a plexiglass for cashiers

traffic in these stores would be less during night time and that would help

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Anyone know where I can order N95 masks? They appear to be sold out everywhere except for Walmart on-line and Amazon, those ones don't give me the impression of being the real thing.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

Umm, I live in Toronto so things may be different but aren't there any 24hr supermarkets?
We have 24hr Metro supermarket, Rabba etc etc. Although I generally don't go to these but if I need to go get food with today's current situation I would just go shopping at 3AM or something. Guaranteed to have less crowds though there are definitely like minded people but certainly less than going at regular hours...​

We do have a few, but not nearly as many as there are in Toronto.

However, all large grocery store chains had reduced their hours during the COVID-19 outbreak. They all close at 8PM now.

There might be a handful of small, independent stores that are still open 24 hours but those aren't easy to get to for most.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
We do have a few, but not nearly as many as there are in Toronto.

However, all large grocery store chains had reduced their hours during the COVID-19 outbreak. They all close at 8PM now.

There might be a handful of small, independent stores that are still open 24 hours but those aren't easy to get to for most.
Ahh shoot, I just checked, you are right. Even here (Toronto), Metro is now closing early at 8pm. Damn. Makes shopping without crowds that much more harder... (Well, at least Rabba is still 24hrs...).

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
This virus has been here for months I too can confirm that I had a weird flu in January as well many people I have talked to who say the same. Never felt like this in my life before but it took about five days. I got it because I was working in a hospital that was overflowing with patients with the flu. The medical industry figured that this year they gave out the wrong flu shot as the other strain is what became stronger this year. I don't buy it, this thing has been here and that just means millions were already infected and some of those flu deaths may be actual corona deaths. If true then the death rate is low except for the health afflicted people and those people die from flu as well. In past societies when we had less medical quality most people ended up being killed by pneumonia. When you are unhealthy, pneumonia is usually what gets you in the end as your immune system becomes to compromised. The lesson here, don't do drugs, alcohol, and smoke and you may live longer, do stupid things and pay the price.

Dangerous Curves - American Greatness

Reactions: Forum93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->