OT: 2019-nCov Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That's odd, I read in two different articles today that food shortages were not to be expected. Might be temporary, or depending on where you are. I believe it was a Montreal article.
I am seeing plenty of shortages here in the Maritimes, the stores have started to limit the amount of each product that can be purchased at a time.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
when people are fighting over toilet paper at the store you know panic has taken over sense. hopefully it leads more to wash their damn hands more, I can't tell you how many times i've been at work or a bar or sports/concert and saw someone take a piss and not wash their f***ing hands. What the f*** is wrong with people? You touch your dick but don't wash your hands, that's f***ing gross. Then again I go overboard washing my hands many times a day.
Ridickulous!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Maybe it's his thing that needs washing. :sarcasm:
giphy.gif

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well yeah!
Crazy!
The only meat left in 2 grocery stores I went to today were 35$ small size steaks and some frozen breakfast sausages.
The grocery chains have assured the government that they would not gouge but I don't buy that for one second, rag steak will outprice prime cuts before this is all said and done. Greed is the biggest plague of this century, they just can't resist being pricks!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Are any of you interacting in person with anybody from the outside world? I've been at home for days, I might go meet a buddy tomorrow night at his place who's also been bunkered in.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are any of you interacting in person with anybody from the outside world? I've been at home for days, I might go meet a buddy tomorrow night at his place who's also been bunkered in.
Ive walked outside every day because of my dog, wish I didnt, the virus is all over for sure. Im really thinking of going to live with my parents, they have a yard, no Pejorative Slurs spitting and coughing all over.

On saturday I went out and met with friends, two of those work as ER nurse, so Ill wait two weeks to see if I contracted the shit and move to my parents then I think.

Reactions: CreamOfTheCrop

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
The grocery chains have assured the government that they would not gouge but I don't buy that for one second, rag steak will outprice prime cuts before this is all said and done. Greed is the biggest plague of this century, they just can't resist being pricks!
They did for the first 2 weeks. I think things are getting better as stores are monitoring the amount of items per costumers and signs have been put up, which you couldn't see any just a few days ago. They probably made 6 mouths of profit in 2 weeks.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

Unfortunately, not since Friday. Can't even go see my girlfriend, her parents are kinda sorta racist so they wouldn't like seeing me drop by outta nowhere. Might go see some friends for a game night.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Am I the only crazy one to wash my hands both BEFORE and after? I'm pretty sure my dick is much cleaner than my hands no?

Not in person except with my gf (and cats) home... who bored, managed to glue her fingers trying to fix something earlier tonight... I'm not sure how I will make it through all those weeks :laugh:

I'm getting out once a day just to feel human, I stay socially isolated but I go for a walk.

Last edited:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I've got my elderly parents moved over here because I just can't leave them on their own during this. They'll die if they get it, straight up.

In-person interraction is coming to an end for me, I'm thinking my work goes home on Monday. Boss mentionned the possibility today. Maybe some work from home. Then I just shut down aside from one outing a week for groceries.

Will post on here, play video games and workout I guess. Three things I did a lot less of recently.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've got my elderly parents moved over here because I just can't leave them on their own during this. They'll die if they get it, straight up.

In-person interraction is coming to an end for me, I'm thinking my work goes home on Monday. Boss mentionned the possibility today. Maybe some work from home. Then I just shut down aside from one outing a week for groceries.
Yeah my mother and GM won't get through it Im thinking... And its kinda pissing me off that my dad keeps on working.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Unfortunately, not since Friday. Can't even go see my girlfriend, her parents are kinda sorta racist so they wouldn't like seeing me drop by outta nowhere. Might go see some friends for a game night.
That sucks man, I've been in an interracial relationship as well, diversity has been ingrained in me since growing up. Lived in an area where there pretty much was every nationality on the same street and we all played sports together. That and going to a school with the vast majority of students being kids of immigrants. So I never thought anything of it.
My mom told me some of the family friends would comment behind my back about me going out with half jamaican girl. Thankfully though my parents always had her back and would tell their friends off.
Crazy to me shit like this still exists.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oh yeah, been single 3 months, chief. Married to the thing almost.

Almost 20 years of posting on here for you and 15 for me, and here we are, in the middle of a once in a century plague talking about good ol' dick etiquette.

I do wash my hands afterwards.

nothing wrong with loving thy self as long as you wash up afterwards. I was at a bar and this guy was in the mens room clearly hammered, after pissing he didn't wash his hands and when I walked out of the bathroom he's giving high fives to his buds. I cringed and wondered how his buddies would feel if they knew he didn't wash his hands that they were touching. People are assholes.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ive walked outside every day because of my dog, wish I didnt, the virus is all over for sure. Im really thinking of going to live with my parents, they have a yard, no Pejorative Slurs spitting and coughing all over.

On saturday I went out and met with friends, two of those work as ER nurse, so Ill wait two weeks to see if I contracted the shit and move to my parents then I think.

I'm with the folks, which is depressing AF, came here for 3-4 weeks so figured I'd stay with them, now going on 7 weeks because of delays and virus, I really miss my apartment.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Am I the only crazy one to wash my hands both BEFORE and after? I'm pretty sure my dick is much cleaner than my hands no?

Not in person except with my gf (and cats) home... who bored, managed to glue her fingers trying to fix something earlier tonight... I'm not sure how I will make it through all those weeks :laugh:

I'm getting out once a day just to feel human, I stay socially isolated but I go for a walk.
Tomorrow I'm gonna get wasted. Can't take it anymore, my buddy's been bunkered in, so have I...should be fine. Getting excited like my parents let me go to the mall alone for the first time.

Reactions: the

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Heads up. Just got warning virus can spread on gas pumps. Watch out.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
That sucks man, I've been in an interracial relationship as well, diversity has been ingrained in me since growing up. Lived in an area where there pretty much was every nationality on the same street and we all played sports together. That and going to a school with the vast majority of students being kids of immigrants. So I never thought anything of it.
My mom told me some of the family friends would comment behind my back about me going out with half jamaican girl. Thankfully though my parents always had her back and would tell their friends off.
Crazy to me shit like this still exists.

Thanks. It's early enough in the relationship for it to not be a "problem," as we simply go out when not at school, but her parents (especially her mother) are tigers, stereotypical sounding Chinese parents based on her description, not sure they'd appreciate her dating an obvious Italo-French Canadian.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad