OT: 2019-nCov Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I usually spend about 10 hours a week in the weight room, this is hardly normal for me, I don't know what to do.

Usually when I get home, Im glad I can surf the interwebs. Now, im sick of it.

IDK what people tend to do.
Just breathe my man, I take it that you don't have kids? It is a distraction that forces you to not focus on yourself, I understand that you are feeling restless but this too shall pass, breathe and see this as a time of challenge and also a time of growth. I have lived through 2 very near death experiences in my own lifetime, you will get through this.

Reactions: groovejuice

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
Stronger ? Theres no strength in this. You can't punch the virus, you can't maintain your resolve, all you can do is stay inside, wash your hands and stay informed.

I think he meant some people (not saying you) over react. Stressing/loosing control over something you don’t have control is not good. You waste time/make mistake in those situation.

Once you take all precautions...you did your job. Stressing/overreacting just make it harder on yourself.

This is some crazy time..most of us never been under pressure like that...but we will get through this. Humanity had worse situation...

I was at the hospital talking to a young nurse yesterday and she said: I think this is worse than WW1/WW2.... I was like...wait a minute...no it’s not. She obviously had no idea.

Sorry if I’m wrong @OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think he meant some people (not saying you) over react. Stressing/loosing control over something you don’t have control is not good. You waste time/make mistake in those situation.

Once you take all precautions...you did your job. Stressing/overreacting just make it harder on yourself.

This is some crazy time..most of us never been under pressure like that...but we will get through this. Humanity had worse situation...

I was at the hospital talking to a young nurse yesterday and she said: I think this is worse than WW1/WW2.... I was like...wait a minute...no it’s not. She obviously had no idea.

Boom! Imagine the stresses felt by our fathers/Mothers and Grandparents as they faced the realities of the great depression and the second world war! We have it so good today and we know nothing of real struggle, we need to face this adversity and become stronger once we prevail.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

it's sad how little most under a certain age seem to know about the world wars and how bad they really were.

The US had over 200K killed or wounded in Vietnam alone and that doesn't hold a candle to either world war.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Id much rather be lining up a kraut with my Lee-enfield than live through this, at least Id have a purpose and Id probably be out of it real quick. Now, if you get death, its long and painful. The only thing long and painful you'd get in those times is the wait for the officers whistle.

As for that, I agree some are overreacting, I even said so to some others, but downplaying it isn't the way either. This is very serious and will change society as we know it.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Id much rather be lining up a kraut with my Lee-enfield than live through this, at least Id have a purpose and Id probably be out of it real quick. Now, if you get death, its long and painful. The only thing long and painful you'd get in those times is the wait for the officers whistle.

As for that, I agree some are overreacting, I even said so to some others, but downplaying it isn't the way either. This is very serious and will change society as we know it.
I am by no means downplaying anything, my wife has a lung defect and the infection of this virus could be catastrophic for her, we both know it but we are not focusing on it but instead, we are taking things day by day, there's not much else we can do.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
And if it happens it happens, it is what it is, we didn't create the virus but we can't escape it either, we just have to heed the warnings and deal with it.
I understand people being anxious. Jobs are lost, how are people afford rent or food if they have no income.
We still dont know to which extend it will affect our health care system. So much is unknown.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Well, so do I but I still have to deal with it when it comes, people need to relax a little. A lot of hysteria happening right now.

I'm in a higher statistical range of complications as well due to my age, but I'm not worrying about myself. I do find the situation distressing and am concerned for others.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I understand people being anxious. Jobs are lost, how are people afford rent or food if they have no income.
We still dont know to which extend it will affect our health care system. So much is unknown.
Anxious is one thing but there are literally no canned goods or toilet paper and many other products on bare store shelves, it's beyond anxiety, it's panic!

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm in a higher statistical range of complications as well due to my age, but I'm not worrying about myself. I do find the situation distressing and am concerned for others.
I am heeding the warnings from all levels of government as I am sure you are as well, I am sure that you have also faced some adversity in your life and it comes across in your words, strength and character are built in times of suffering.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The deeper we get into this, the more exalted I am. I know, I know. This is NOT funny in any way, shape or form. But I'm just reporting my inner state of mind. I can't resist feeling better, stronger, more willing to take charge than usual. While I self-qurantined, I'm considering going out, perhaps starting a delivery business or something of that nature. To help out, take charge. I'm juggling with my options, I feel useless in my hole. Already I'm keeping up a vast correspondence with siblings and friends, and I'm acting as some sort of "leader" in this limited role.

Maybe I'm just a person who thrives under chaotic situations? No idea. I'm discovering some facets of myself as this is ongoing, like we all do.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Anxious is one thing but there are literally no canned goods or toilet paper and many other products on bare store shelves, it's beyond anxiety, it's panic!
That's odd, I read in two different articles today that food shortages were not to be expected. Might be temporary, or depending on where you are. I believe it was a Montreal article.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
when people are fighting over toilet paper at the store you know panic has taken over sense. hopefully it leads more to wash their damn hands more, I can't tell you how many times i've been at work or a bar or sports/concert and saw someone take a piss and not wash their f***ing hands. What the f*** is wrong with people? You touch your dick but don't wash your hands, that's f***ing gross. Then again I go overboard washing my hands many times a day.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The deeper we get into this, the more exalted I am. I know, I know. This is NOT funny in any way, shape or form. But I'm just reporting my inner state of mind. I can't resist feeling better, stronger, more willing to take charge than usual. While I self-qurantined, I'm considering going out, perhaps starting a delivery business or something of that nature. To help out, take charge. I'm juggling with my options, I feel useless in my hole. Already I'm keeping up a vast correspondence with siblings and friends, and I'm acting as some sort of "leader" in this limited role.

Maybe I'm just a person who thrives under chaotic situations? No idea. I'm discovering some facets of myself as this is ongoing, like we all do.
When the going gets tough...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I am heeding the warnings from all levels of government as I am sure you are as well, I am sure that you have also faced some adversity in your life and it comes across in your words, strength and character are built in times of suffering.

I'm not totally shut in, but I'm at home most of the time. My dad is in a seniors home and I visit him almost daily, but they've cut off visitation until further notice. I'm finding things to do.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Calm down there Rick Grimes..

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
when people are fighting over toilet paper at the store you know panic has taken over sense. hopefully it leads more to wash their damn hands more, I can't tell you how many times i've been at work or a bar or sports/concert and saw someone take a piss and not wash their f***ing hands. What the f*** is wrong with people? You touch your dick but don't wash your hands, that's f***ing gross. Then again I go overboard washing my hands many times a day.
But...shouldn't that be the cleanest part of your body? It's always hidden, I don't think the virus is hiding there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad