OT: 2019-nCov: All hockey SUSPENDED Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Here you go:

Numbers are always below reality. 109k was not the exact number and neither is 156k. The exact number hasn't grown at double the rate of the confirmed one though.
So basically you want me to stop posting in this thread.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
the US started (At least ) reacting to this. state of emergency, closing borders will help reducing the number of deaths.
I see the potential of danger of reaching millions. But It's tough to see it reach that number.

Countries like China and south Korea seems to have taken control of the situation and we talk pretty low number of death.

Europe is hit hard and the death rate is going up slowly. It's out of control, but still there, the numbers are low (far from the millions).

I'm really glad seeing quebec taking huge measures even if we're not hit yet.
Canada is slow to react, but it's coming.

China's healthcare was made to take care of a lot of people
Italy's healthcare wasn't ready and their healthcare wasn't that great to being with.

The U.S. is a having a great healthcare system….but not made for this kind of services of mass, not by a long shot.
And instead of preparing, they were putting bans, they were blaming China, they were not preparing.

I'm also glad to see Canada and Quebec preparing, but don't get it wrong…..it's not because we're great, it's because we're lucky it popped up at 4-5 places before hitting here, so we know how to prepare, cause if it would have exploded here instead of Italy, we would be in the same situation than they are.

If it would have hit 1 week ago, we were not ready. We are still not fully ready yet.

WHO said March 5th:
“We’re calling on every country to act with speed, scale and clear-minded determination.”
“This epidemic is a threat for every country, rich and poor. And as we’ve said before, even the high-income countries should expect surprises,” he said. “We’re concerned that in some countries, the level of political commitment and the actions that demonstrate that commitment do not match the level of the threat we all face.”
“This is not a drill. This is not the time to give up. This is not a time for excuses. This is a time to pull out all the stops,” he said.

A precious week lost….
The messge was loud and clear. It was time to pull out all the stops and that's what we did on March 12th.

For the US, it's too late, they are going to feel to full heat of it now.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I dont see how that helps. Having everyone think about death is probably not the right move.
You want people to be smart and rational not apocalyptic.

It's a fair point, but you also need people to take it seriously. It was barely a week ago when Trump was assuring his citizens covid 19 was no more dangerous than the common flu and would go away on its own.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
The USA is incapable of testing enough people to confirm this many cases but I am positive that figure is too low by 1 or 2 magnitudes.

Edit: I am saying there are 200k infected in the USA right now. Most asymptomatic.
I am saying 200, 307 414 . Maybe 200,307,413 or 415 .
Seriously ...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Maybe, I have no numbers about this.

At first, I would think France is healthier than US.
But this is just an impression.

But this thing in France is kind of worrying (I am a smoker).
Also just like with Italy. the numbers only reflect people who have been tested and inside hospitals. There might be quite a few people who have it but are smart enough to just stay home and recover with the symptoms are very mild. We probably won't have real numbers until this crisis is over. I don't think we need to panic about numbers yet. Look at South Korea's numbers if you want some reassurance.

Plus we still have a very low number in quebec/MTL and so far no person to person infection. All people coming in from a trip. And judging with how my circle of friends and fam are acting. ALOT of people are staying in even if things are still open. Almost all my friends had plans this weekend and everyone is staying in cuz it's the smart thing to do. If you limit your movements and isolate even tho it's not necessary. you will be fine even if you are a smoker.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
China's healthcare was made to take care of a lot of people
Italy's healthcare wasn't ready and their healthcare wasn't that great to being with.

The U.S. is a having a great healthcare system….but not made for this kind of services of mass, not by a long shot.
And instead of preparing, they were putting bans, they were blaming China, they were not preparing.

I'm also glad to see Canada and Quebec preparing, but don't get it wrong…..it's not because we're great, it's because we're lucky it popped up at 4-5 places before hitting here, so we know how to prepare, cause if it would have exploded here instead of Italy, we would be in the same situation than they are.

If it would have hit 1 week ago, we were not ready. We are still not fully ready yet.

WHO said March 5th:

A precious week lost….
The messge was loud and clear. It was time to pull out all the stops and that's what we did on March 12th.

For the US, it's too late, they are going to feel to full heat of it now.
Quebec probably did the best of all Canada provinces to be honest and is still low on cases

Reactions: scrubadam

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
@MasterDecoy going twice? 'Mentioned' you here last night.

Still allowed to post on the internet or what? Hope the Chinese are straight about their numbers. A lot of people putting faith in those supposed 65,000+ recovered.

haha no im fine. ive just jettisoned HF since we last talked. every morning i just read a computer generated sentence about how "bergevin is the worst" or a derivative of that, and there, that's hfhabs for the day. ill be back at the draft to read about how our drafting is the worst.

i still get my daily text from the government telling me about the infections, deaths, recoveries, inroads they are making bla bla bla. which is nice, but everyone knows is... heavily massaged. almost no new cases outside of wuhan. fun thing the government tends to do when mildly pushed, is blame foreigners. so they have, with no subtlety whatsoever, started to blame foreigners for all new infections in the country. i get old ayis spotting me and my giant ginger beard sticking out from under my facemask quickly changing side of the road. i have volunteers manning the gate at the entrance of my street - yeah, they've blocked the entire street so that only residents can enter - asking me where im from and when was the last time i was home. nothing like being rudely asked those questions by a man missing a few teeth.

really cool thing they've done though is instituted an automatic visa extension for 60 days for anyone whose visa might expire during this crisis. i gotta say, that's the either the nicest, most un-CCP thing ever, or a clever ploy to trick foreigners into overstaying their visas. we'll find out in two months.

editor's note: there's nowhere else to go anyway

they check your temperature going out of the compound where i live, going back into the compound going into markets and the likes.

social distancing is still in effect. "some" restaurants are still open but can only seat two per table; and they take your temperature going in as well as your personal details. the local restaurant in from of my building is only open to deliveries, but the german place i frequent is open until 2am, so i haven't quite figured that one out yet. bars and livehouses are still closed and no one knows when they'll open again. F&B industry in china is gonna get nuked. the chinese government has politely asked landlord to lower prices for this month and has offered interest free loans for chinese business that need it. but so far, everyone i've talked to says their landlord categorically refuses to lower rent and in most instances plan on raising it when the lease is up

schools are still closed. they plan on re-opening them one grade at a time starting next week i believe. no plan on restarting universities yet. my guess is they'll just cancel the summer holiday and have classes through it. those that work can remotely, do so. but overall, other than the social distancing thing, things are almost back to normal.

and finally, finaf***ingly, the government has straight up banned the sales of wild animals. so the kinds of markets where covid started wont be able to operate anymore. but no one thinks that'll stick. eating tiger dicks, or pangolins, or civet cats, or peacocks or pick an animal is so ingrained in the culture. the reason is always because they either give you a boner, or you receive the mystic energies of the animal. also they are expensive. and how else are you supposed to impress a client than by feeding him a peacock, then a fancy KTV room with your own private singers?

long rambling nonesense aside but, im fine, lady MD is fine, MD's cat army is fine, MD's rescue dog is fine. other than going for food, i haven't left the house since january 23rd. haven't seen any friend since then, just a complete lockdown. kind of used to it by now. as lady MD said: "two months together and i don't feel like i want to kill you? i think we'll be alright..."

so now the worst for me has passed, and now its a shitshow back home. so now im worried for my mom who has a compromised respiratory system, so now i gotta worry about that. ive been keeping her up to date so she's prepared, but you're only as prepared as the next person who isn't.

ironically, if all precautions are heeded and all the preventative measures work, then all you'll hear is about how it was just hysteria. china wouldn't willingly throw its entire economy down the shitter - which is exactly what happened - for hysteria. the entire country shutdown for a month, and then mostly shutdown for another. this virus is no joke, so be careful.

P.S., for those who are back home: WHAT THE f*** IS UP WITH THE TOILET PAPER HOARDING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad