OT: 2019-nCov: All hockey SUSPENDED Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Which one do you think is premature?

The three that strike me are the impact of warmer temps, transmission via pets and the amount of time the virus can survive on objects.

I keep hearing experts saying that so much is unknown about the virus so how would they have complete certainty about the latter three items? It's supposed to be a new virus. It may turn out that the points they're making are right but it just looks to me that it's a tad early. Just my opinion, I defer to science.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I see that the floating petri dishes are still doing their thing -- quarantine those ships pronto. Where did Puerto Rico get its screening guidelines from, Canada?

Reactions: Ozmodiar

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
téléchargement.png

Remember my post earlier? Finally went to La Banquise... I know, overrated, but it's been years since the last time I got there, last time was about 5 years ago in the beginning of my relationship.

This is the Shoot-out... normal poutine but with smoked meat, spicy sausage, pepperoni and bacon.

It was fun to just be somewhere else, trying to think about something else. Place was packed, but not too much, we had enough space. Line-up was 5 minutes outside, 5 minutes inside, noot too bad for a Saturday night. My gf even had a beer, while she usually only drinks sparkling wine, twice a year. :laugh:

This song played in the background and people started to howl... it was a very weird vibe!

Went for a hot chocolate after. Great date night! Feels good. :nod:

When we arrived in the Plateau, there were a lot of people walking everywhere, we were quite surprised. But when we left, it felt especially quiet, places were definitely not full

I wonder if that’s just representative of that particular store. If not, then people are panicking everywhere.
When I was at the grocery store Thursday night, out of stock items:
  • TP (of course)
  • Every "substitute" such as facial tissues or paper towels
  • Bread
  • Milk
  • Water
  • Rice (had to go with instant rice)
  • Most dried pasta
  • Most of canned vegetables or beans
  • Potatoes (the only item I was disappointed not getting)
I already had enough food at home that the few items we purchased should be enough to last for a while. Anyway they say everywhere that they will be able to restock, so i'm not worried. I don't need to hoard, I just want to avoid getting out as much as possible if there is a quarantine.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
@get25 officially proven wrong.

Case on Day 6 of dooms day prediction: 156,533
Day 0 : 109,970
Final increase: 1.42

Not even half the number you were shouting about.
I did not bet on the 100,000 (mostly because those numbers are not repesenting reality). I did a bet about US and I won.

I was not going to do this but ... Stop posting because I won the bet...

The governor of Illinois estimate 100,000 cases...
Also, tomorrow evening we can look at those numbers.

I said US would double from 557 and they did in three days.

As I wrote, you are right to say nothing burger...
Everything will be fine has been your motto.

So on US, I won.

Let's wait tomorrow, I will be very near double aven if numbers DO NOT REFLECT REALITY.

Please go on and say: Everything will be fine.

Look at the stock market shed another 3000 points next week.

Anyway, facts discredit your statements.

Do you see Olympics, Stanley Cup in 2020?
Do you see less than a million deaths in US?
What will be the bet (as you clearly did not respect the previous one).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The three that strike me are the impact of warmer temps, transmission via pets and the amount of time the virus can survive on objects.

I keep hearing experts saying that so much is unknown about the virus so how would they have complete certainty about the latter three items? It's supposed to be a new virus. It may turn out that the points they're making are right but it just looks to me that it's a tad early. Just my opinion, I defer to science.

They said it is too early to say covid-19 is seasonal, but other coronaviruses are. 100% true
Pet transmission. They know the receptor for the virus. If the animal doesn't have an homologous version, it cannot be infected and thus cannot transmit. The dog receptor is only 80% homologous, so maybe the virus can't infect. Anyway, this is easy to check in vitro so I trust it.
Viruses don't survive weeks at room temperature. Considering most packages from China take a long time to arrive, you are most likely fine.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
You actually believe 5-10M people will die in the US?

Based on the mortality rate the entire country would have to be infected to hit that target.

virus isn’t even powerful enough to infect everyone on a passenger bus but it’s going to infect 350 million Americans?
A week ago I wrote that this was worst than flu by n order of magnitude.
Seems I was wrong then... not so much now!

What mortality rate are you using: South Korea, Taiwan or Italy?

This beast is killing people from 30 up.
When the healthcase system is overwhelmed, mortality rate goes up. Best case is .65%, worst case is over 10%,

BTW 2% of 200 millions is 4 millions but I fail to see US achieve this rate. This will be the demonstration to the world what a commercial and profit oriented healthcare system can do.
At least 5 millions before the end of 2020.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Still waiting for excuses from the ones who said this was not really a big issue (last sunday).

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I did not bet on the 100,000 (mostly because those numbers are not repesenting reality). I did a bet about US and I won.

So on US, I won.

Let's wait tomorrow, I will be very near double aven if numbers DO NOT REFLECT REALITY.

This was the bet:

So in 3 to 6 days we will be under 220K cases. Loser can no longer post in this thread.

2019-nCov: NHL Season SUSPENDED

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

So on US, I won.

Those goalposts are moving at lightspeed.

Wanna bet?

Expect a doubling of cases every 3 to 6 days for weeks.

Where here to you say US? Nowhere. Of f***ing course US cases would double in that time, no one was debating that. You were talking about total cases as you said ok when montreal said total cases under 220k.

Can you find the post about betting for the US numbers?

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

So on US, I won.

which stock market will lose 3000 points?
Well yeah, stock market will go down as shit is hitting the fan in the US.

what did you bet exactly?

you see 1 million of death in the US? in the next day/month/year/decade?

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
You actually believe 5-10M people will die in the US?

Based on the mortality rate the entire country would have to be infected to hit that target.

virus isn’t even powerful enough to infect everyone on a passenger bus but it’s going to infect 350 million Americans?

When you believe the propaganda nothing is unbelievable.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

When the healthcase system is overwhelmed, mortality rate goes up. Best case is .65%, worst case is over 10%,

BTW 2% of 200 millions is 4 millions but I fail to see US achieve this rate. This will be the demonstration to the world what a commercial and profit oriented healthcare system can do.
That's just way too excessive to actually guess right now. Theres less than 6K death worldwide. So ya, maybe wait a bit before making such statement. It's completely dramatic.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
If true and i wouldn't be surprised at all....in fact, that's what i'm expecting since we've seen imported case from the US.
I also find it weird that all of NA took extreme measure since Wednesday and the tone has changed and BC Health Minister said to not to go to the US and that the next 2-3 weeks will be very important.

Then that tweet, don't know the guy but he seems more than legit.
Canada asking their people to not travel anywhere..

Is it just me or since Wednesday NA leaders are acting like they know something bad is about to happen.....

I really feel the sports world had something to do with that. That was the day NBA player Rudy Gobert tested positive for the coronavirus. That was the day the NBA suspended the season, followed shortly by every other league within 48 hours. We also had our first celebrities in Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson get it. I think those drastic measures helped show how dangerous this virus really is in North America.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

5 millions people in the US will die of COVID-19 in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad