OT: 2019-nCov: All hockey SUSPENDED Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just watched The Best of both Worlds. If the virus don't get you, The Borg will. :naughty:

You had me thinking about that couple, an Italian and a Quebecker, that were abducted more than a year ago and just got released. They managed to escape an abduction in the hands of a jihadist cell -- imagine if after all that ... I'd rather not. It would be insane if they contracted the virus. Please no.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
You had me thinking about that couple, an Italian and a Quebecker, that were abducted more than a year ago and just got released. They managed to escape an abduction in the hands of a jihadist cell -- imagine if after all that ... I'd rather not. It would be insane if they contracted the virus. Please no.

It's not often you get to see someone come back from the dead to return their own darwin award. Good for them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's not often you get to see someone come back from the dead to return their own darwin award. Good for them.

Just saw the Italian foreign minister comment on that bit of good news -- he was ecstatic given everything his country is going through.

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Jesus christ….
U.S is up more than 700+ cases today, reaching 2795 cases….that's France level already.
They had less than a 1000 cases 96 hours ago.

And Spanish PM's wife tested positive too….

Regrettably, it'll be much worse than that. The US is so far behind everyone else, even some 3rd world countries, it will be impossible to catch up. Especially when not everyone with symptoms has testing available to them.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Reading the madness of how unprepared and lack of organisation in the US.

I gotta say, i'm really happy with how Legault and his team are proactive. Next step is closing down bars restos and clubs. Im guessing by monday everything gets shutdown and everyone goes into isolation.

Now if Canada can close the border ASAP that would be great.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Regrettably, it'll be much worse than that. The US is so far behind everyone else, even some 3rd world countries, it will be impossible to catch up. Especially when not everyone with symptoms has testing available to them.

Do we have an update on what measures Canada is taking? I've heard more than once from people in my surroundings that they were surprised how there were no controls whatsoever at the airport for travelers coming from Florida only a few days ago. Where are we at?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Do we have an update on what measures Canada is taking? I've heard more than once from people in my surroundings that they were surprised how there were no controls whatsoever at the airport for travelers coming from Florida only a few days ago. Where are we at?

We have taken no official measures outside strongly suggesting people socially distance themselves or quarantine post travel. If you're coming from italy or china or another infection hotspot, you get a pamphlet and someone waving you through to the airport exit.

Reactions: DavePeak

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The severe upswing in Covid cases since the beginning of March for Italy and Iran, is striking as you watch the above graphic unfold.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We have taken no official measures outside strongly suggesting people socially distance themselves or quarantine post travel. If you're coming from italy or china or another infection hotspot, you get a pamphlet and someone waving you through to the airport exit.

If that's the case, then we're just as lagging as the US has been on this. If it's a pandemic, then it needs to be treated as such. I just don't get how they are going to contain it if there are no strict measures for incoming travelers. If the choice is not to close the borders than administer the tests. They're asking Canadians not to travel abroad but it's OK to let in foreign nationals without testing them when they arrive?

Last edited:

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Reading the madness of how unprepared and lack of organisation in the US.

I gotta say, i'm really happy with how Legault and his team are proactive. Next step is closing down bars restos and clubs. Im guessing by monday everything gets shutdown and everyone goes into isolation.

Now if Canada can close the border ASAP that would be great.

Too bad, Trudeau is the Molson of Canadian politics.
Too late to react.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If that's the case, then we're just as lagging as the US has been on this. If it's a pandemic, then it needs to be treated as such. I just don't get how they are going to contain it if there are no strict measures for incoming travelers.

Canadians are too busy schadenfreuding over american incompetence to notice there isn't much at the wheel here, either. It's been that way for almost 4 years now :nod:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

The severe upswing in Covid cases since the beginning of March for Italy and Iran, is striking as you watch the above graphic unfold.

That's because they're more actively searching for those people and they had that much more time to spread it.

People in general sharing when 2 more people in Canada have confirmed cases means nothing and doesn't nothing. This is going to spread and a lot of people will have it.

Reactions: Runner77

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

France, Spain, Germany and the USA are just getting into it as well. It's not looking good.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know about all of these "myths" -- seems premature on some of them since a lot remains unknown about the virus:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Canadians are too busy schadenfreuding over american incompetence to notice there isn't much at the wheel here, either. It's been that way for almost 4 years now :nod:

the government needs to act and close the border to non essential travel (trade only) immediately

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Too bad, Trudeau is the Molson of Canadian politics.
Too late to react.
well they basically said today to get home asap before commercial flights are unavailable. we are maybe a few days away from closing, hopefully more like 36 hours to give people enough time.

Reactions: zx81

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I suspect my company will close next week...only because they had already planned for a shutdown later on in the year anyway. Until then, gotta go to work monday.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I see how the debate is being wagered on political battlefronts on twitter but seeing past that, I'm really only concerned with everyone's well being regardless of their political affiliation.

Covid is proving how we're all only as safe as the weakest link allows us to be. If we don't test more, then someone who can contaminate others, may cause exponential propagation.

Unbelievable that our airport authorities allowed this to happen on March 11th:

On Wednesday night the final flight out of Italy, one of the countries hardest hit by COVID-19, landed in Canada. Passengers were allowed to return home without being tested.

How is it that the airport authorities did not get information about how those passengers from Italy were processed in Rome?

2JEtatw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad