Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
are there more Raps fans than leafs fans in Canada? Have to think so.
Hard to say, I doubt it though. Comparing TV ratings between the two for the regular season should give you a good idea. Leafs have far more fans world wide that's for sure. Raps only look to have a ton of fans currently because the bandwagon is in full effect. I'm sure the same was said about the Jays during the bat flip playoffs but, where are those fans now?

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I want Toronto to win for 2 key reasons.

1. I'm tired of seeing the Warriors win it every year.

2. Outside of the CFL, Canada has not had a "big 4" sports title since 1993, when the Blue Jays won the World Series, and the Habs won Canada's last Stanley Cup title to date (blame Bettman for the latter, his ouster is well overdue).

Reactions: Gains

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Screenshot_20190528-213008.png

Reactions: Roman Fell

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'm guessing the Warriors in six games, but tomorrow night will be the big revelation, one way or the other. I don't know if I've looked forward to the first game of a championship series in any sport with less certainty about who should be favoured;. I won't have a clue until it happens.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hope the Raptors can pull it off and I think they have a good shot but it's hard to bet against the Warriors until they actually lose. I also already picked against them once this playoffs and that didn't go too well for me. At the very least I just want a good competitive series.

Reactions: sparxx87

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I hope the Raptors can pull it off and I think they have a good shot but it's hard to bet against the Warriors until they actually lose. I also already picked against them once this playoffs and that didn't go too well for me. At the very least I just want a good competitive series.

That's what a lot of commentators are saying right now. They think it's possible that Toronto can pull it off.....but they're not putting money down on it.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
That's what a lot of commentators are saying right now. They think it's possible that Toronto can pull it off.....but they're not putting money down on it.
That’s the best time to put money on it. If you see slanted odds and some realistic scenarios they could be wrong, go for it!

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
lolwut

don't know any lakers fans who want GS to win

It was a joke. It doesn't apply this year, though.

But before this season, it was a common perception that Laker fans and GSW fans were BFFs. For one, the Warriors and Lakers have never been rivals. Their contending years have never coincided, so no playoff meetings to remember. Second, the LeBron factor. Laker fans wanted GSW to keep beating the Cavs so that LeBron would not catch up to Kobe's 5 rings. Little do most of them know, LeBron has already surpassed Kobe in terms of legacy.

Honorable mention: Clippers. Laker fans were sure as hell rooting for GSW in the 2014 series. And then after that series, GSW have pretty much owned the Clippers and Laker fans have had a joy witnessing that.

So yeah, Laker fans and Warrior fans have been BFFs for a while now. Well, until a potential playoff meeting. The animosity was short-lived after Kobe talked about destroying the Warriors this season with LeBron.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Basically this. They're 18-1 in their last 19 playoff series'. I want the Raptors to win this series, but I have a very hard time betting against the Warriors.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like the Warriors play better without KD. They'll surely need him against Kawhi though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad