• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
So

you remember the malice at the palace? Something like that could EASILY trigger another event like that.
The ruckus that popped off that night was because an idiot fan tossed a drink on Artest. Artest was born and raised in the Queen's bridge projects, he may have left them but the the projects never left him. Go take a look at the sheer number of rappers that grew up in those same projects as Artest. As an extreme example, it would have been like going and punching Mike Tyson and expecting him not to do anything because he's a professional.

Lowry was the bigger man last night in that situation, bigger than I would have been.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s such a weird situation. Almost feels like a must win for both teams.

For GS going down 3-1 is crazy hard to come back from, even if KD comes back.

For the Raps, if you let it become a best of 3 with KD seeming like he’ll be back anytime, you gotta figure you’re heavy underdogs.

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
part of me is worried GSW will dress everyone once its do or die and just win 3 street

Don't fear.

NippyJubilantGecko-small.gif

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
Not excusing what the owner did but doesn't mean he should be banned for life. That being said I didn't hear the profanites he yelled at Lowry after shoving him. Lowry said they were really bad.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Not excusing what the owner did but doesn't mean he should be banned for life. That being said I didn't hear the profanites he yelled at Lowry after shoving him. Lowry said they were really bad.
Lowry confirmed that he said "go f*** yourself" multiple times. Probably not the type of thing the league wants associated with an owner, even a minority owner.

Reactions: Roman Fell

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto

He's held to a different standard. He represents the team and the league as an owner.

We'll see what the Warriors do after this. They should cut ties.

Can you imagine if Lowry did that to him?!

Bloody hell.

Nothing more than an old fat drunken rich entitled thug who can't control himself.

What an embarrassment for Oakland. And people complain about our idiot Drake. At least he doesn't shove players.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
He's held to a different standard. He represents the team and the league as an owner.

We'll see what the Warriors do after this. They should cut ties.

Can you imagine if Lowry did that to him?!

Bloody hell.

Nothing more than an old fat drunken rich entitled thug who can't control himself.

What an embarrassment for Oakland. And people complain about our idiot Drake. At least he doesn't shove players.

With all this news about Drake and Mark Stevens a true fan is someone like Nav who just cheers for his team. Honestly, Nav's story is one of the greatest I've ever seen, coming from India and then going into the car business and working his way up in a few months to running the dealership. He made himself a multi millionaire and then used that millions to engage in multiple charitable acts as well as support his team. That guy is just as friendly and classy as can be. Someone sent him a slew of racist tweets (Milwaukee fan) and he was able to forgive him and take him out to dinner.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Has what Mark Stevens said to Lowry been released anywhere?
Lowry confirmed in an interview yesterday. “Go **** yourself!”

The outrage comes from the fact that this man never would have put his hands on Kyle Lowry if he didn’t have a security blanket. He felt safe. He shouldn’t.

Add in that he’s a billionaire owner who makes money off athletes like Kyle Lowry, and that he should have been well aware of the situation when a player is trying to save a loose ball like that.... I just don’t think the punishment is harsh enough.

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
With all this news about Drake and Mark Stevens a true fan is someone like Nav who just cheers for his team. Honestly, Nav's story is one of the greatest I've ever seen, coming from India and then going into the car business and working his way up in a few months to running the dealership. He made himself a multi millionaire and then used that millions to engage in multiple charitable acts as well as support his team. That guy is just as friendly and classy as can be. Someone sent him a slew of racist tweets (Milwaukee fan) and he was able to forgive him and take him out to dinner.

You left out the best part! He lectured him on the importance of setting a better example for his son and not creating a hateful environment for future generations... then takes him to dinner and sends his son a bunch of Bucks gear!

Well played, Nav!

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Stevens should've gotten out in front of it, called Lowry or spoken to him in person to apologize, and offer to donate $100,000 to a charity of his choice

Lowry then could've made a public statement that Stevens apologized and made things right, and that would've been the end of it

Reactions: PM

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Stevens should've gotten out in front of it, called Lowry or spoken to him in person to apologize, and offer to donate $100,000 to a charity of his choice

Lowry then could've made a public statement that Stevens apologized and made things right, and that would've been the end of it
Nah, he can’t sit courtside anymore. It’s a privilege that he lost IMO.

What if Lowry slapped him (like he should have) and got suspended?

Billionaire owner should know better and there shouldn’t be any second chances.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Nah, he can’t sit courtside anymore. It’s a privilege that he lost IMO.

What if Lowry slapped him (like he should have) and got suspended?

Billionaire owner should know better and there shouldn’t be any second chances.

Yeah, he still likely gets banned for the rest of the series, but I doubt he would've been fined half a million and suspended for a year

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

He has "Superfan" in his username, so he's definitely playing up the self-interest/self-promotion angle too

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, he still likely gets banned for the rest of the series, but I doubt he would've been fined half a million and suspended for a year
Its tough because this one is kind of without precedent.

I guess the entitled billionaire owner disrespecting and assaulting one of the athletes that help make his investment profitable really rubs some people the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad