NBA 2019 NBA Finals: (E2) Toronto Raptors vs. (W1) Golden State Warriors

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It was a joke. It doesn't apply this year, though.

But before this season, it was a common perception that Laker fans and GSW fans were BFFs. For one, the Warriors and Lakers have never been rivals. Their contending years have never coincided, so no playoff meetings to remember. Second, the LeBron factor. Laker fans wanted GSW to keep beating the Cavs so that LeBron would not catch up to Kobe's 5 rings. Little do most of them know, LeBron has already surpassed Kobe in terms of legacy.

Honorable mention: Clippers. Laker fans were sure as hell rooting for GSW in the 2014 series. And then after that series, GSW have pretty much owned the Clippers and Laker fans have had a joy witnessing that.

So yeah, Laker fans and Warrior fans have been BFFs for a while now. Well, until a potential playoff meeting. The animosity was short-lived after Kobe talked about destroying the Warriors this season with LeBron.

i mean yeah i'm tired as hell of the warriors winning but as a lakers fan i have zero reason to hate them aside from that. KD is the only unlikeable guy on that team

the warriors were god awful for years so them winning a couple titles didn't phase me and yeah there's no rivalry at all between the two teams

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It'll be interesting to see how much they play Cousins after being out for that long. I also won't be surprised if he doesn't play at all tonight.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
i mean yeah i'm tired as hell of the warriors winning but as a lakers fan i have zero reason to hate them aside from that. KD is the only unlikeable guy on that team

the warriors were god awful for years so them winning a couple titles didn't phase me and yeah there's no rivalry at all between the two teams
Klay and Dray are pretty damn unlikeable

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
klay? don't see how

and yeah a lot of people hate green because he's a pest but he backs up all his talk
His "omg you called me for a foul????" routine is even more annoying than Tim Duncan's was. He's also really arrogant for a guy who can go 2 for 15 and his team probably wins regardless.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
His "omg you called me for a foul????" routine is even more annoying than Tim Duncan's was. He's also really arrogant for a guy who can go 2 for 15 and his team probably wins regardless.

always got a kick out of duncan's reaction to being called for a foul

6a00d8341c55aa53ef015431f53bec970c-800wi

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like Cousins will be back tonight, he could be a difference maker in the series provided he does in fact play.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Absolute scenes throughout the city. I've never seen it more live besides the Rangers-Jays game 5.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

It'll be interesting to see how much they play Cousins after being out for that long. I also won't be surprised if he doesn't play at all tonight.

If this guy isn't even cleared for practice prior to game 2, I don't think it's a stretch to say we won't see Kevin Durant until somewhere around game 5.
Steph has never won a Finals MVP.
Steph was the rightful Finals MVP last year. Got robbed because KD had one memorable game.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If this guy isn't even cleared for practice prior to game 2, I don't think it's a stretch to say we won't see Kevin Durant until somewhere around game 5.

Steph was the rightful Finals MVP last year. Got robbed because KD had one memorable game.

That memorable game coincided with Steph's one bad game. Imperfect storm.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
This city is ready to explode! We've been waiting for something like this since the early nineties. With technology and social media how it is now, I'm pretty sure Canada has never seen anything like this. The closest thing I can even think of that had the whole country tuned in was 9/11. If Raps win this series, I don't know what will happen.

Hopefully the Leafs are next.

I'm not comparing anything to 9/11, it's in reference to the coverage and the sheer number of people paying attention.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I had no idea Ayesha was Canadian and from the Toronto area. I bet Markham residents went nuts when Curry mentioned their city during a press conference.

Last edited:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I had no idea Ayesha was Canadian and from the Toronto area. I bet Markham residents went nuts when Curry mentionedntheir city during a press conference.
**** Steph Curry!

Taking our good women.... soaking up that grade A education as a kid, in an NBA gym...

....and now you just gonna come back 20 years later and try to tear our hearts out?

**** you Steph Curry!

:laugh:

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
**** Steph Curry!

Taking our good women.... soaking up that grade A education as a kid, in an NBA gym...

....and now you just gonna come back 20 years later and try to tear our hearts out?

**** you Steph Curry!

She moved to North Carolina when she was 14 and met Curry in a church youth group around that time.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Steph has never won a Finals MVP.
Should’ve had 2 already and gunning for his third this year tbh. He was robbed big time in 2015 and he outplayed Kd in 3 of the 4 games last year. KD deserved it in 2017 obviously as that was greatest basketball I’ve ever seen him play, but even then, Steph nearly averaged a triple double throughout the series so he definitely played a massive role there as well

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Best part of this whole Drake overreaction is that the NBA reportedly went to the Raptors to see if they could maybe move his seats so he's not right by the bench and on camera all the time and the Raptors told them to kick rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad