• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
This is 2004 all over again.

The media has practically handed GSW the title ala the 2004 Lakers, 4 in 5 years.

That's why they play the games.

Come on now. We all know what's gonna happen. Warriors sweep or win in 5 and you're back right here complaining how this dominance is ruining the health of the league. You're just gonna wonder when the Warriors will stop being good.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
K-Low has now made a finals before CP3...... :dunno:

Make that Jeremy Lin and Jodie Meeks have made it to the Finals before CP3

BFD?

John Paxson made it to the Finals before John Stockton?

Samaki Walker made it to the Finals before Kevin Garnett?

d6f.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
BFD?

John Paxson made it to the Finals before John Stockton?

Samaki Walker made it to the Finals before Kevin Garnett?

d6f.jpg

The gap between Paxson/Stockton was bigger than the one between K-Low and CP3, likewise with Walker/Garnett.

Point is, CP3 has been on elite teams the last 7/8 years and gone nowhere, whereas Lowry finally broke thru.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I voted Toronto in 6 but GS will probably win it in less.

If Toronto's shooting 3's become a factor I think they will take them out.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The gap between Paxson/Stockton was bigger than the one between K-Low and CP3, likewise with Walker/Garnett.

Point is, CP3 has been on elite teams the last 7/8 years and gone nowhere, whereas Lowry finally broke thru.

Oh okay.

Gary Payton made it to the Finals befors John Stockton.

Tim Duncan made it to the Finals before Kevin Garnett.

Again....the point is:

BFD?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Come on now. We all know what's gonna happen. Warriors sweep or win in 5 and you're back right here complaining how this dominance is ruining the health of the league. You're just gonna wonder when the Warriors will stop being good.

You really think it'll be that easy? :dunno:

Raps beat 'em twice in the regular season.....yeah, I know, those games don't count but they helped the Raps secure home court in this series, at least. Plus it showed that they can, in fact, hang with the "best".

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Cuz every Toronto team has made multiple deep runs in the recent years besides the Leafs who haven't won a playoff series in over 15 years...and the most ironic part is that the Leafs are Toronto's most well known team
Still not sure why that's funny. The sport isn't the same, the teams aren't the same, their status in the league isn't the same.

The Raptors have been a top team in the league for years, so it's hardly surprising to see them doing well. The Jays are trash now and won't be back in the playoffs for a while in all likelihood. The Leafs have been one of the better regular season teams the last two seasons but haven't made the jump in the playoffs just yet.

Not really sure what your point is or why it matters, but I do know that this isn't the place for it.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
You really think it'll be that easy? :dunno:

Raps beat 'em twice in the regular season.....yeah, I know, those games don't count but they helped the Raps secure home court in this series, at least. Plus it showed that they can, in fact, hang with the "best".
There is no better team to defend the Golden State offence and IMO only the OKC Thunder are even close. The Rockets? Lol

Big factor people overlook is transition - part of what makes GS special is Draymond Green with his ability to be a playmaker from the 4... Raptors have one of the best 4’s at stopping the break in Siakam. Not only arguably the fastest player 94 feet, but his ability to get back and get out on shooters for transition 3’s isn’t something they see a lot. I have no doubt Draymond gets the better of him in this matchup, but I don’t think it’s a landslide and I think Pascal makes it interesting.

When the Warriors are moving the ball and getting open looks with two legendary shot makers in the backcourt, they’re almost unbeatable... That’ll probably happen but if anyone can give them problems...

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There is no better team to defend the Golden State offence and IMO only the OKC Thunder are even close. The Rockets? Lol

Big factor people overlook is transition - part of what makes GS special is Draymond Green with his ability to be a playmaker from the 4... Raptors have one of the best 4’s at stopping the break in Siakam. Not only arguably the fastest player 94 feet, but his ability to get back and get out on shooters for transition 3’s isn’t something they see a lot. I have no doubt Draymond gets the better of him in this matchup, but I don’t think it’s a landslide and I think Pascal makes it interesting.

When the Warriors are moving the ball and getting open looks with two legendary shot makers in the backcourt, they’re almost unbeatable... That’ll probably happen but if anyone can give them problems...

Siakam/Lowry/Green need to outpoint Klay/Draymond/Igoudala and Kawhi needs to match Curry even. If that happens there's a chance.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Siakam/Lowry/Green need to outpoint Klay/Draymond/Igoudala and Kawhi needs to match Curry even. If that happens there's a chance.
100%

Siakam is a big key because if he can get going they can move him around... Green is a free safety on defense so they need to draw him out and limit his ability to help. Siakam playing well gives Draymond Green some tough decisions all while making their best defender less effective.

Last edited:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Should make an appearance in this series, from what I've heard.

Hopefully Game 2 at home, that'd be a nice boost for the home crowd.
I think we might see Patrick McCaw at some point as well.

He’s a nice player to have on your bench considering his skill set and knowledge of the Warriors playbook.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I hate to do this and I’m rooting for the raptors. But I gotta day warriors in 4. Durant doesn’t return, sealing him leaving in the offseason. Curry MVP and heavily outscores his counter part, Lowry. Curry says “WATCH THIS” and averages 40+ per game. Leonard has a big series and each game is close. Kawhi decides to stay

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, the Warriors win the series but it won't be a sweep. I think the Raptors having home court will help them but still not do enough to get them to win the series.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Warriors are heavy favorites and deserve to be given the history. With that being said, I think the Raps are being a bit overlooked. The team defense of the Raptors is better than anything GS has seen this playoffs. Everything will have to go right; the Raps will have to hit a high percentage of shots, GS miss some they usually make, Raps out rebound GS, etc. but their is a chance they can pull it off imo.

A small chance, but it's there. Win game 1 at home and then people will pay attention.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Honestly I think Toronto needs to win the first two games with home court to have a chance in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad