NBA 2019 NBA Draft

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I assume EY (or another big firm) facilitates this lottery like the NHL one, no?

If so, people are dumb for believing that.

The difference between NBA and NHL lotteries is that NBA one is lot more volatile. I mean Knicks had the worst record yet only 14% chance of landing top pick. I think it should be 30-40% range.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
New Orleans winning reeks of the Cavaliers getting the #1 pick after LeBron embarrassed Cleveland on National TV. Davis is still going to be traded.

But I guess at least Cleveland not magically winning another lottery is a silver lining. Plus Steven A Smith is going to be must see TV tomorrow over New York losing the top slot and likely ending up with RJ Barrett.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I assume EY (or another big firm) facilitates this lottery like the NHL one, no?

If so, people are dumb for believing that.
I don't think they are rigged anymore, but there used to be the big 5 auditing firms, now it's the big 4. Corporations do illegal/unethical things for money.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Zion’s reaction reminded me of McDavids when he found out he was going to Edmonton

He’ll be forcing a trade out of NO as soon as possible

Seeing as they finally fired Dell Demps he should give the Pelicans a chance. Davis, however, is a lost cause.

Could have been worse for him as well with Phoenix coming to mind.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The tanking problem is solved. 3 teams moved into the top 4. With an 86% chance of not getting the #1 pick only an idiot would tank.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
They get Morant or Barrett. Not exactly a disaster.
Yeah it's really a disaster for Cleveland, Chicago, and Phoenix. However the top 4 teams with the best odds are all outside the top two picks. The Knicks seemed to catch the only break. This new system is awful. It may prevent tanking but it hurts teams who are bottom feeders. And if you change the lottery so drastically they should add another rule where you can't land number 1 overall twice in row because I would have been really upset if the Suns won the lottery again this year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
New Orleans winning reeks of the Cavaliers getting the #1 pick after LeBron embarrassed Cleveland on National TV. Davis is still going to be traded.

But I guess at least Cleveland not magically winning another lottery is a silver lining. Plus Steven A Smith is going to be must see TV tomorrow over New York losing the top slot and likely ending up with RJ Barrett.

It also reeks like that time they traded CP3 and then won the lottery / Davis a couple months later. :dunno:

Reactions: Roman Fell

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What an awful night for the Knicks lmao

All we heard was how they were gonna get Zion and then pair him with KD & Kyrie, especially after they traded Porzingis. Watch them end up with just whoever they draft + Cousins :laugh:

I don't think this changes Davis situation much

I expect he is traded for ransom and they use assets acquired for him with Zion to turn things around

NOLA better not screw this up. They wasted 6 years of an uber elite players career and now that player wants to leave, hopefully they learned from that and will surround Zion with good players.

But the Bensons are pretty incompetent when it comes to running an NBA team so who knows.

The Knicks are the Oilers.
Well, nobody is as incompetent and dysfunctional as the Oilers but the Knicks come the closest.

At least the Oilers have past glory & more recent championships. Knicks havent won since before Watergate :laugh: :facepalm:

"Basketball Mecca"

I think the only way you keep him is if AD signs the super max extension this summer. No maybes or even verbal promises to stay. Have to get it signed and done now or else trade him.

The Lakers package should be a lot more attractive now with the 4th overall pick.

AD doesnt care about a huge contract. He wants to win and grow his brand. If he wanted the super max he'd of never requested a trade.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm also crossing my fingers hoping and praying AD extends after the season just so we can get more Laker and Knick temper tantrums by the four letter network. It's verging on entitlement now

Reactions: Duke33

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not as good as the Lakers package. Knox is really the only intriguing asset there. DSJ is solid but at this point we know what it is.

I agree. What i don't agree is the whole 'Knicks have nothing to offer with pick 3' comment because they clearly do.

Reactions: Newsworthy

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
AD is gone.

It seems that way but his reasoning is because the Pelicans never surrounded him with anything better than Boogie and they never won. Now they have Zion and probably damn near anyone wanting to play there. I'm sure AD can be reasoned with. If he can't then it comes down to wanting to leave the city because his team has the world in its hand now.

If AD can chill out now he can do some serious winning where he already is

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It seems that way but his reasoning is because the Pelicans never surrounded him with anything better than Boogie and they never won. Now they have Zion and probably damn near anyone wanting to play there. I'm sure AD can be reasoned with. If he can't then it comes down to wanting to leave the city because his team has the world in its hand now.

Even if by some miracle AD stays they are long way away from contending. They'd be set at PG, PF and C. Need lot of help on the perimeter.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I agree. What i don't agree is the whole 'Knicks have nothing to offer with pick 3' comment because they clearly do.

Yea they have assets but Knox is the only really intriguing one IMO. Regardless I dont think theres anything else NOLA would want

AD's thing is he's in his mid 20s so does he want to waste even more of his prime years on a bad team? Sure he'd have Zion but it would still be 2 or 3 years before NOLA has a respectable team, by then he's 30.

But the trade request is also about playing in a major city for a notable franchise too (legacy), as well as doing more stuff outside of basketball like his buddy LeBron does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad