NBA 2019 NBA Draft

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As a Knicks fan, who's team is likely going to have to deal with Kanter, Hardaway Jr. and an 18-year-old Knox's defense in the starting lineup, it's hard not to get distracted by some of the dynamic wings in this draft. Even though I know we'll end up winning just under 30 games & picking in the 7-10 range where I'll be happy to snag Langford, Bazley, or Grimes; I can't help fantasizing about Nassir Little or Sekou Doumbouya joining Porzingis, Knox, Ntilikina & Robinson in NYC before we take a run at Kyrie or Kemba in FA.

So who are you guys excited to watch develop this year / hoping your team can snag next summer?

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Except for 3 Dukies, no one. I think it's one of the weakest in 40 years and I've seen the last 40.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This class looks really Point & Center poor unless someone like Cole Anthony reclassifies...with a lot more 2nd/3rd option types than potential #1s...but there's a clutch of wings & forwards that I'm really intrigued by as a fan of a team who has it's longterm #1 option & may have just drafted a good 2nd/3rd option.

On top of the Duke guys...who I'm iffy about atm for various reasons; Barrett for how mechanical he is, Reddish for his motor, and Zion for how raw his game & jumper are...Little, Doumboya, Langford, Bazley, Grimes, Hachimuri, etc. all have the potential to be exciting picks depending on how their seasons go. The first 3 in particular, having star potential...although I don't like Langford as much as Little & Doumboya.

It's a weaker class, but it's not the 2000 draft.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Casual NBA fan here. How does this draft stack up to when compared to the 2018 one? Is it weaker? Greater?or about the same?

Also Is it safe to say that as of right now R.J is the consensus no.1? If so how does he stack up when compared to past Canadian no.1 picks like Wiggins and Bennett? Does he have a greater chance at reaching his ceiling than those two did?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's worth pointing out that the last 3 drafts have been really good, but yeah. This draft looks to be weaker at this point. Before re-classifying for the 2018 draft, Bagley was widely believed to be the top prospect in this class...although a year can change a lot & he may well have not been picked #1 by the time the 2019 draft rolled around if he had stayed in this class.

RJ is the favorite to go #1 right now, but he's kind of mechanical and some of the other top wings in this class are much more fluid athletes. He seems to have the drive, mindset & skillset to be a pretty safe bet to show up in a few allstar games in his career. Even though Nassir Little projects better to the NBA IMO & should end up the more special player.

Plus there's always the possibility that someone like Reddish was just bored of playing with high schoolers, and so his motor questions could evaporate once faced with more of a challenge.

Reactions: grentthealien

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Casual NBA fan here. How does this draft stack up to when compared to the 2018 one? Is it weaker? Greater?or about the same?

Also Is it safe to say that as of right now R.J is the consensus no.1? If so how does he stack up when compared to past Canadian no.1 picks like Wiggins and Bennett? Does he have a greater chance at reaching his ceiling than those two did?

Hes probably going to be better than Wiggins.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'll pick Reddish to go 1.

Zion Williamson is an interesting one to say the list.

@cgf Knicks take Doumbouya and Knicks fans boo the shit out of him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
There might not be much depth but there's still a lot of talent at the top of the class. It should be a fun lead up to the draft.

As a biased Canadian, I'm obviously most excited for Barrett and I think he's going to be really good. I thought that about Wiggins too and he has disappointed but I think Barrett is a better basketball player. He's not just dominating with his athleticism like Wiggins was at the same age. Like some of these other top prospects this year, one of the main things he needs to improve is his outside shooting.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Be interesting to see what Trader Danny does leading up to and at the 2019 Draft since the Celtics might end up with 4 picks in the 1st round:

- the best pick figures to be coming from either Sacramento or Philadelphia ( Boston gets the better pick as long as it's not # 1 overall ) as part of the pick flip with Philadelphia at the 2018 Draft.
- Boston gets the Memphis 1st round pick ( top 8 protected ) as part of the 3 team deal with Memphis and Detroit involving Jeff Green. If Boston doesn't use the pick this year it becomes a top 6 protected pick in 2020 and then becomes completely unprotected in 2021.
- Boston also has the Clippers 1st round pick ( top 14 protected ) which was obtained from LA for Deyonta Davis ( Boston's 2016 2nd round pick - 31st overall ) and Rade Zegorac ( Boston's 2nd round pick in 2016 - 35th overall ). If Boston doesn't use the pick this year it stays top 14 protected in 2020 and then turns into a 2nd round pick in 2022.
- Boston's own pick.

Man I hate to keep repeating myself but Ainge has made sure the Celtics will likely remain a top team for the foreseeable future. :thumbu:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Somehow I don't think you actually hate repeating yourself.

ShrillHopefulAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Who is Europe's TOP prospect in this NBA draft or is there any?
This years draft it was Doncic but who it'll be next year.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Who is Europe's TOP prospect in this NBA draft or is there any?
This years draft it was Doncic but who it'll be next year.

Sekou Doumboya. 6’9” French forward with good athleticism, nice form on his jumper now that he’s re-worked his mechanics and who’s young for this draft.

He has some things to work on; as he can be a little slow to process things defensively atm, his handle is a little loose, and he hasn’t yet shown the playmaking he’s said to possess.

But if he shows good progress this season he should challenge Little & the Dukies for a spot at the top of his draft. With someone like Al Horford a reasonable comp.

I’m team Little in this draft...just love his length, defensive intensity & shooting; as his release point is simply sky high with excellent mechanics, so he should be able to pull up off the dribble and shoot over most guys even in the NBA. But Sekou is very intriguing to.

Dat release point *drools*

Little2X2.jpg

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Sekou Doumboya. 6’9” French forward with good athleticism, nice form on his jumper now that he’s re-worked his mechanics and who’s young for this draft.

He has some things to work on; as he can be a little slow to process things defensively atm, his handle is a little loose, and he hasn’t yet shown the playmaking he’s said to possess.

But if he shows good progress this season he should challenge Little & the Dukies for a spot at the top of his draft. With someone like Al Horford a reasonable comp.

I’m team Little in this draft...just love his length, defensive intensity & shooting; as his release point is simply sky high with excellent mechanics, so he should be able to pull up off the dribble and shoot over most guys even in the NBA. But Sekou is very intriguing to.

How about Hannes Polla Finnish center who plays in Oklahoma.
Do you see any NBA potential and talent on him?

We ( Finns) need more players to NBA if we wanna play summer Olympic games in the future.
And achieve real success in Eurobasket. One Lauri Markkanen isn't enough in those competitions.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How about Hannes Polla Finnish center who plays in Oklahoma.
Do you see any NBA potential and talent on him?

We ( Finns) need more players to NBA if we wanna play summer Olympic games in the future.
And achieve real success in Eurobasket. One Lauri Markkanen isn't enough in those competitions.

I’ve only paid attention to the top prospects play thus far, so can’t help you out there.

But if you tweet, @frontofficeeye is extremely knowledgeable about the NBA draft. He may not be able to give you a thorough answer if he’s gotten hired by an NBA team...he mentioned last month that the team he used to work for was sending his updated CV around for him & so he had some interviews lined up that might restrict what he was allowed to share publicly...but if he can answer, he should be a lot more help to you.

He’s pretty friendly, so if you write something nice about his breakdown videos, he should respond to your query about Polla if he still can.

Last edited:

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
As a hawks fan who is VERY happy with Trae, I cant wait for the draft with the potential to have 2 top 10 pics, with a chance at Zion or RJ :)))

JLT

Jan 7, 2019
Nassir Little has looked great for North Carolina this year... Check it out...

JLT

Jan 7, 2019
Also, do you guys think Jaylen Hands will go in this draft? He seems like he could be a fairly high pick...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->