NBA 2019 NBA Draft

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lakers are in a prime spot to trade for AD if NO is willing to deal him

knicks have nothing to offer with the #3 pick

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Well the chances went from zero to slightly above zero...then again the Knicks and Lakers being at 3 and 4 could also easier facilitate a Davis trade.

who do the knicks have to offer with the #3 pick? mudiay?

lols

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
lakers are in a prime spot to trade for AD if NO is willing to deal him

knicks have nothing to offer with the #3 pick

I wouldn't say nothing. They have Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, Dennis Smith Jr, two Mavs 1st round picks (unprotected in 2021), and all of their own picks. RJ Barrett is also the consensus third best player so getting him could be a lot more valuable than picking at #4.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
They did just win the lottery last year though. Winning it back to back would be insane Devils type luck.
That's the only luck they've ever had though. Suns have lost 58+ games for 4 years in a row and that was their only top 3 pick. The reason they keep sucking is because they keep getting mediocre draft positions despite constantly being an awful team.

They have dropped 7 draft spots over the last 3 lotteries. I'll guarantee no team has done worse.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
As bulls supporter this flat out stinks to fall from 4 to 7, but then again, at least we aren’t the Knicks and Suns lol

Congrats to NOLA though. New Orleans is a very unique city with a lot of culture and I hope their management can properly build around Zion instead of wasting him like they did with AD.

Last edited:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Zion’s reaction reminded me of McDavids when he found out he was going to Edmonton

He’ll be forcing a trade out of NO as soon as possible

Reactions: Newsworthy

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
As bulls supporter this flat out stinks to fall from 4 to 7, but then again, at least we aren’t the Knicks and Suns lol

Congrats to NOLA though. It’s a very unique city with a lot of culture and I hope their management can properly build around Zion instead of wasting him like they did with AD.

won't happen as long as the football people are in charge

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada

This is the interview he gave ESPN right after it was announced as NO winning

He’s doing his best to hide the disappointment haha. Saying he “still doesn’t know where he’ll end up” is pretty funny

Damn. You can totally see it. LOL. Poor kid.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
There's maybe some disappointment but these are also young adults who just had the next 5-10 years of their lives decided by ping pong balls. I'm sure Williamson's head was spinning when he did the interview.

Last edited:

MDarn17

Jan 15, 2019
That's the only luck they've ever had though. Suns have lost 58+ games for 4 years in a row and that was their only top 3 pick. The reason they keep sucking is because they keep getting mediocre draft positions despite constantly being an awful team.

They have dropped 7 draft spots over the last 3 lotteries. I'll guarantee no team has done worse.

They've have top 5 picks the last three years, as well as a few mid round picks. If they can't find any sort of quality from that, they don't deserve to be good. Blame your bad FO, not the lottery odds

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Damn. You can totally see it. LOL. Poor kid.
Being realistic where would he have wanted to go? He’s from NC but are the Hornets a desired destination for him? NY for the big market? Chicago another big market?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rough night for the Suns as well as they dropped all the way down to #6. They badly needed a guy like Ja Morant (or Zion, of course).

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
They've have top 5 picks the last three years, as well as a few mid round picks. If they can't find any sort of quality from that, they don't deserve to be good. Blame your bad FO, not the lottery odds
Well the FO is an entirely different problem, that's what got them in this mess to begin with, but shitty lottery luck has only compounded the problem. Hopefully Ayton can become the next Davis because the 6th pick, if they even keep it, isn't going to be a big help.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Well the FO is an entirely different problem, that's what got them in this mess to begin with, but ****ty lottery luck has only compounded the problem. Hopefully Ayton can become the next Davis because the 6th pick, if they even keep it, isn't going to be a big help.

They can still get a very good player. Culver or White would be good picks and you can pair them up with Booker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad