Connor LaCouvee
Charlie Lindgren
Keith Kinkaid
Michael McNiven
Carey Price
Cayden Primeau

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I watched every depth chart around the league today. Honestly, we will have a terrible years. There is some team like detroit, los angeles, columbus, ottawa, anaheim whos gonna be worst than us but honestly... i don’t see an elite player here. Price ok, the rest? We are small and the second half of the calendar will be terrible. Don’t forget that we didnt bring something bigs last summer and no one were hurt last year (instead of weber at the begginning). I would like to see montreAl enterring in the playoff but honestly, when i compare our team, we have many question marks

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Yeah I remember with Tzyska (sp?).

But I thought Faribrother was good in the little I saw.

It's because you can't reassign/release a player if he's not cleared to play. Teasdale is making every invite lists and will stay assigned to the Habs for most of the year because of the same reason.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I watched every depth chart around the league today. Honestly, we will have a terrible years. There is some team like detroit, los angeles, columbus, ottawa, anaheim whos gonna be worst than us but honestly... i don’t see an elite player here. Price ok, the rest? We are small and the second half of the calendar will be terrible. Don’t forget that we didnt bring something bigs last summer and no one were hurt last year (instead of weber at the begginning). I would like to see montreAl enterring in the playoff but honestly, when i compare our team, we have many question marks
I think they are a bubble playoff team. Could go either way. Depends big time on staying healthy.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Where is Matthew Struthers ? He was injured if I remember, but unless I'm blind, he isn't on any lists ?

You're right. He's not there. He was invited to the rookie camp, but didn't participate due to injury. He hasn't been officially released. So it is curious where he is now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Lalancette says from what he's being told, they want RHP to finish his Junior career. He's from the Saguenay area. So they want to also give him a chance to play for his hometown. He made a very good impression in his rookie camp.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So Hawel is the only guy truly fighting for a contract. Being at 48 contracts, I don't see them handing out more than one so AHL deal guys like Cox, Lamarche, Jevpalovs, Adams-Moisan, Pelletier, Culkin and LaCouvee would really need to dominate the camp to be considered. If Hawel gets signed, he probably still go back as an overager in the OHL.

EDIT: Maybe they could sign LaCouvee if they really love him and trade Lindgren.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Hawel is the only guy truly fighting for a contract. Being at 48 contracts, I don't see them handing out more than one so AHL deal guys like Cox, Lamarche, Jevpalovs, Adams-Moisan, Pelletier, Culkin and LaCouvee would really need to dominate the camp to be considered. If Hawel gets signed, he probably still go back as an overager in the OHL.

EDIT: Maybe they could sign LaCouvee if they really love him and trade Lindgren.

Usually the guys on AHL deals, despite being part of the main camp, practice separately from the rest. The main camp roster is split in two squads. And there is a third one with only AHL players.

As for LaCouvee, I doubt they will offer him an NHL contract right now. If he does end up signed to an NHL deal, it will be after this year where they'll see if he can repeat what he did last year (which was coming in on a PTO and doing so well that they signed him to an AHL deal). He may eventually go the route of Belzile, AHL deals and playing in the ECHL to earning an NHL deal.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I’m hearing a lot of analysts talking about kk getting a top 6 role, effectively shifting Domi who had a record year at centre, to the left wing.

I’m not sure I like the idea of messing with something that isn’t broken, but if that’s the case, the third C spot may open up for Poehling. This starts to get very interesting with 2 very good top lines and maybe even a chance for Suzuki

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-KK-Drouin
Armia-Poehling-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Weal-Thompson

Extras: Hudon, Cousins

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I’m hearing a lot of analysts talking about kk getting a top 6 role, effectively shifting Domi who had a record year at centre, to the left wing.

I’m not sure I like the idea of messing with something that isn’t broken, but if that’s the case, the third C spot may open up for Poehling. This starts to get very interesting with 2 very good top lines and maybe even a chance for Suzuki

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-KK-Drouin
Armia-Poehling-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Weal-Thompson

Missing Byron there

Reactions: Bleed4RTeam and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-KK-Drouin
Armia-Poehling-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Weal-Thompson

Domi played a lot of wing last year...Andrew Shaw would take a lot of faceoffs and do a lot of the legwork defensively.

So I don't think this is an issue for Domi.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Very much looking forward to hockey coming back. I don't really post much on HFHabs during the offseason and this offseason was probably one of the most uneventful we've had in a long time.

Can't wait to see the guys back on the ice.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I tried to search but couldn't find anything...

When do players officially report to camp and hit the ice? Tomorrow I assume?

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-KK-Drouin
Armia-Poehling-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Weal-Thompson

Missing Byron there

Exciting outcome if these are the lines, especially with Byron in there, who is a stalwart on PK. I'm all for deploying as much talent as possible, even if some of it is a short on pro experience. Suzuki has the intelligence to adapt and now the size to put up with the pro game; hopefully his skating instruction has endowed him with another gear. If these are indeed the lines, I can envision KK having a big year, above 60 points and maybe even 70, especially with a starring role on the PP. Tremendous depth in the forward corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad