HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With the rookie camp roster and schedule released earlier. Some information was also announced for the main camp.

MONDAY, SEPTEMER 9th
Annual Golf Tournament @ Laval-sur-le-Lac

THURSDAY, SEPTEMER 12th
Players Report for Physicals

SUNDAY, SEPTEMER 15th
Reds vs. Whites Scrimmage

PRE-SEASON
Sept. 16th
vs. New Jersey Devils (Bell Center)

Sept. 18th vs. Florida Panthers (Kraft Hockeyville Canada in Bathurst, NB)

Sept. 19th vs. Florida Panthers (Bell Center)

Sept. 21st vs. Ottawa Senators (in Ottawa)

Sept. 23rd vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (Bell Center)

Sep. 25th vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (in Toronto)

Sept. 28th vs. Ottawa Senators (Bell Center)

:habs

TRAINING CAMP ROSTER

0.jpg

1.jpg

- CUTS -
Rafaël Harvey-Pinard sent back to Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)
Samuel Houde sent back to Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)
Cole Fonstad sent back to Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Cam Hillis sent back to Guelph Storm (OHL)
Jacob LeGuerrier sent back to Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
Allan McShane sent back to Oshawa Generals (OHL)

Invites Cut:
Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin
Nicolas Guay
Vincent Marleau
Dylan Plouffe
Jack York
Alexis Shank

*Joël Teasdale won't take part due to injury*
*Gianni Fairbrother is on the main camp roster, but is injured*

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
How many rookies/prospects would Habs typically invite to the main camp? I am assuming that most of the names talked about here will be that main camp.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How many rookies/prospects would Habs typically invite to the main camp? I am assuming that most of the names talked about here will be that main camp.

You can expect Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Fleury, and Primeau. And other prospects would be Evans, Vejdemo, Leskinen, and Alain. Teasdale is injured so he won't be there, but he would have been if he was healthy. Basically players on an NHL contract that could make the team out of camp.

And possibly anyone else they sign to an ELC from the players invited to the rookie camp.

As for the prospects without contracts like McShane, Fonstad, Houde, Hillis, Fairbrother, and LeGuerrier, I'm willing to bet they will be returned to Junior, even if any of them leave camp signed to an ELC.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
You can expect Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Fleury, and Primeau. And other prospects would be Evans, Vejdemo, Leskinen, and Alain. Teasdale is injured so he won't be there, but he would have been if he was healthy. Basically players on an NHL contract that could make the team out of camp.

And possibly anyone else they sign to an ELC from the players invited to the rookie camp.

As for the prospects without contracts like McShane, Fonstad, Houde, Hillis, Fairbrother, and LeGuerrier, I'm willing to bet they will be returned to Junior, even if any of them leave camp signed to an ELC.
Cheers... thanks.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015

On a positive, this has to indicate some closeness the players have and is a great sign to their level of commitment. Lots of top end leadership there.

On a negative note, anyone know why a local boy like Drouin didn't attend? Not trying to shit on the guy, but you have western players (who wear letters for us) making it out for this, you would think on the way his year ended he'd be the first one out to start things fresh. Especially after many attended his golf thing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
On a positive, this has to indicate some closeness the players have and is a great sign to their level of commitment. Lots of top end leadership there.

On a negative note, anyone know why a local boy like Drouin didn't attend? Not trying to **** on the guy, but you have western players (who wear letters for us) making it out for this, you would think on the way his year ended he'd be the first one out to start things fresh. Especially after many attended his golf thing.

Maybe he had a prior commitment. Maybe a charity event.

Or MAYBE he's already in Winnipeg. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On a negative note, anyone know why a local boy like Drouin didn't attend? Not trying to **** on the guy, but you have western players (who wear letters for us) making it out for this, you would think on the way his year ended he'd be the first one out to start things fresh. Especially after many attended his golf thing.

He probably did mullet over before deciding against it. :sarcasm:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Missing only Domi/Drouin/Danault/Petry/Reilly and Lindgren. At least Pomminville was not with them....

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I assume the Canadiens will be in the 2020 playoffs. I'm not sure the Bruins will be there. Why? Old age is catching up to them. I don't think they'll have any individual award winners. Bergeron will be in his mid-30s and he won't be alone. Because of that, I'd rather have Poehling. If the bruins make the 2020 playoffs it'll probably be their last until 2024-5. Why? They''ll lose out to Tampa and Florida for sure, and perhaps to the Habs and even Buffalo.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I assume the Canadiens will be in the 2020 playoffs. I'm not sure the Bruins will be there. Why? Old age is catching up to them. I don't think they'll have any individual award winners. Bergeron will be in his mid-30s and he won't be alone. Because of that, I'd rather have Poehling. If the bruins make the 2020 playoffs it'll probably be their last until 2024-5. Why? They''ll lose out to Tampa and Florida for sure, and perhaps to the Habs and even Buffalo.

upload_2019-9-5_19-59-25.png

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I like our young next core...a little of everything but no generational talent. 20 year olds with NHL potential.

Center:
Kotkaniemi (top 2 Center)
Poehling (top 3 Center)

Wingers:
Suzuki (top 6 forward)
Caufield (top 6 forward)
Ylonen (top 9 forward)

Defense:
Romanov (top 4 defenseman)
Brook (top 4 defenseman)
Fleury (top 6 defenseman)

Goalie:
Primeau (starter)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like our young next core...a little of everything but no generational talent. 20 year olds with NHL potential.

Center:
Kotkaniemi (top 2 Center)
Poehling (top 3 Center)

Wingers:
Suzuki (top 6 forward)
Caufield (top 6 forward)
Ylonen (top 9 forward)

Defense:
Romanov (top 4 defenseman)
Brook (top 4 defenseman)
Fleury (top 6 defenseman)

Goalie:
Primeau (starter)

I think Domi's young enough to be part of the next core, as are Mete and Juulsen.

And hopefully Fairbrother, Struble and or Norlinder join the d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->