HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2: Cuts are coming edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Would you trade Drouin + Danault + Brook/Poehling for Laine?

Yes, I think I made the initial proposal of Danault+Petry+Drouin+2nd or a prospect. It would be hard to part with Poehling but I think Id do it.

Id keep Brook though, because the team has a real need for RDs in the future and hes the best option.

Best case would be something Danault+Petry+Drouin+2nd+Ylonen for Laine and Lowry, as Ive proposed in the trade thread. Id even consider a lottery protected first.

If they really want Poehling, Lowry has to come back or Roslovic and we can still flip Petry for a first rounder that could turn out to the level of Poehling.

Its obviously a tougher sell to trade away Ryan

Reactions: habsfan891

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It just shows how our so-called depth problem isn't really a problem.

If we have 2 injuries at all times, our 14 forwards becomes 12 that play every night
Lehkonen-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Domi
Tatar-Suzuki-Weal
Drouin-Poehling-Armia
Cousins, Thompson
Still is a problem because you have top 6 talent on the third and fourth line. The real problem isnt exactly depth, its that theres too many #5 and #6 forwards on the team. Realisticaly, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Byron, Suzuki, Weal, Drouin, Poehling, Lekhonen are all that type of players. Bergevin needs to find a way to materialize those guys into at least one 1-2-3-4 type guy.

That guy could be Laine, or it could be a worse player too, but it needs to happen.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Still is a problem because you have top 6 talent on the third and fourth line. The real problem isnt exactly depth, its that theres too many #5 and #6 forwards on the team. Realisticaly, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Byron, Suzuki, Weal, Drouin, Poehling, Lekhonen are all that type of players. Bergevin needs to find a way to materialize those guys into at least one 1-2-3-4 type guy.

That guy could be Laine, or it could be a worse player too, but it needs to happen.

I'm ok with loading up the top 9, and having a 4th line of Lehkonen-Weal-Armia.

But that means 2 of Domi, Suzuki, Poehling, and Kotkaniemi have to play wing.

We have 5 top 9 centers. At some point we're either going to have to go with 3 of them and either have 2 on the wing or two 2 traded.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Les trios ce matin @CanadiensMTL Groupe A

Tatar-Danault-Suzuki
Hudon-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Varone-Weal-Weise
Peca-Evans-Barber#Habs #CH

Plus the D pairings:

Tatar-Danault-Suzuki
Hudon-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Varone-Weal-Weise
Peca-Evans-Barber

Chiarot-Petry
Reilly-Folin
Leskinen-Fleury

Kinkaid
Primeau

These are the exact D pairings I wanted to see. Except I would have rathered see Kulak in there, because imo Reilly is #9 behind Leskinen. I want to see if 1) Chiarot can play with Petry (I have Kulak there and I hope Julien does asap). 2) Is Chiarot even better than Leskinen?

As for the forward lines, I'd rather use this time to get the right line combos and cut AHLers like Weise, Hudon, Barber, and Peca. Evans and Varone can stay for another game or two.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
EE6qTDHX4AAVCAm.jpg:large

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Just heard Bob McKenzie on tsn690. He was saying how much Paul Maurice liked Chiarot. He said Maurice said Chiarot was a bottom pairing guy that they couldn't keep out of the top 4 because of his steady play.

That's good news! Let's hope he can be an elite bottom pairing guy with Fleury and Kulak can play with Petry.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Someone must be really piss today...look at all the injuries, they were all at the exception of Byron suppose to be Joel Bouchard player this year.

He just lost in a matter of a week: Alzner + Juulsen + Olofsson on defence and Poehling + McCarron + Teasdale on offence with 4 pre-season game remaining, poor guy.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Also the boards In Bathurst were horrible. They were hard as f***, the puck was bouncing straight back instead of going alongside it. That tells you That there was no give at all.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Also the boards In Bathurst were horrible. They were hard as ****, the puck was bouncing straight back instead of going alongside it. That tells you That there was no give at all.
I wish the boards of today had the give the boards of the 70s had. We'd see a lot less concussions from slamming against the glass.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Poehling - KK - Suzuki for 3rd line

Let's goo
I think that line would be ok. Learning pains of course (which Habs dinosaur coaches would never tolerate) but conceptually, with a right coach, would be a good line the fisrt year. Great line the next.

Reactions: habsfan891

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Since everybody has their line I will do mine too. This is what I would like to see... one outliner is Drouin... I could see him getting benched fast if he does not wake up.

Lehkonen - Domi - Drouin
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Suzuki - Weal

Extra: Cousins, Thompson

Waived: Hudon, Peca, Weise

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Since everybody has their line I will do mine too. This is what I would like to see... one outliner is Drouin... I could see him getting benched fast if he does not wake up.

Lehkonen - Domi - Drouin
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Suzuki - Weal

Extra: Cousins, Thompson

Waived: Hudon, Peca, Weise

If you're going to put Suzuki on the 4th line, then it's better off to send him down to the AHL and continue his development there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad