HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2: Cuts are coming edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah that's just an unfortunate result to the hit. There isn't a rule against what Hunt did, and I'm not sure you could make one without getting rid of hitting altogether. Hit feet stayed on the ice, shoulder to shoulder.

Reactions: Vachon23

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah that's just an unfortunate result to the hit. There isn't a rule against what Hunt did, and I'm not sure you could make one without getting rid of hitting altogether. Hit feet stayed on the ice, shoulder to shoulder.
At some point other players need to respect other players though. Its preseason ffs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But a player like Hunt need to do something so his coach remember him
Yeah, thats another prolbem with the culture of hockey. Its dumb as f***. If all you bring is hits like that you should be out of the league real quick. I mean at some points you gotta realize the science is there and we know how to prevent these concussions and eliminating those players and that kind of mentality is probably the biggest step that needs to be made. A lot of the concussion problems have been put on goons, but I believe there was actually less concussions when you had Brashears and Laraque running around the ice. Less pukes around.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

jack-nicholson-anger-the-shining.gif

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Are you serious right now? That's the type of hit you HAVE to end. Poehling couldn't see the player. And was beside the glass. What do you think will happen? How fortunate could he have been? Be able to watch guys behind his net?
I agree tho a clean hit by NHL standards, to come behind from someone like a weasel and hit them should not be allowed. Blindsided hits cause so many injuries every year its not funny.

Reactions: Mrb1p and 26Mats

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Terrible news for Poehling.....this is the part i hate of the preseason

But he will be back

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Ill allow it.

I guess they liked
Lekhonen-Domi-Gally

Thats fantastic news tbh. Finally Gally gets his offensive C.

With that said, it means Kotkaniemi gets Drouin... Not good at all.

I might be the only one but I feel like Domi SHOULD play with our best goalscorer, they were really good together yesterday and Lehkonen to complete them is fine for me.

yeah poor KK, Drouin is an anchor.....

Drouin-KK-Armia/Weal
Byron-Cousins-Weal/Armia

Reactions: Mrb1p

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Are you serious right now? That's the type of hit you HAVE to end. Poehling couldn't see the player. And was beside the glass. What do you think will happen? How fortunate could he have been? Be able to watch guys behind his net?
Shoulder to shoulder... this isn't rec league man, be ready for contact

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I might be the only one but I feel like Domi SHOULD play with our best goalscorer, they were really good together yesterday and Lehkonen to complete them is fine for me.

yeah poor KK, Drouin is an anchor.....

Drouin-KK-Armia/Weal
Byron-Cousins-Weal/Armia

Id rather they trade Drouin for picks and they stuck Weal Armia or Byron on his wings, I think hed have more success.

Reactions: habsfan891

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Ill allow it.

I guess they liked
Lekhonen-Domi-Gally

Thats fantastic news tbh. Finally Gally gets his offensive C.

With that said, it means Kotkaniemi gets Drouin... Not good at all.

You'll allow it?

Reactions: Edgy

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The only thing good about Drouin with Kotka is that you acknowledge that both guys need to be removed from playing other top 6 players. Maybe a Drouin away from top competition will look better. Sucks though that this is what it comes to.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Les trios ce matin @CanadiensMTL Groupe A

Tatar-Danault-Suzuki
Hudon-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Varone-Weal-Weise
Peca-Evans-Barber#Habs #CH

I'm so glad to see that. It's prime TOI for Suzuki, in an offensive role please and thank you. This is basically Danault sitting back and Tatar/Suzuki making magic up front.

A bit of a departure from the C role he was assigned, where he did very well defensively. They want to see his guns now.

:popcorn:

Reactions: Habs4Life

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The only thing good about Drouin with Kotka is that you acknowledge that both guys need to be removed from playing other top 6 players. Maybe a Drouin away from top competition will look better. Sucks though that this is what it comes to.

How do we know Kotkaniemi needs to be removed from playing against top 6 opposition when he's never played against them WITH top 6 players himself? Hard to produce against the best when you're chained to Armia.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Poehling, Juulsen, McCarron, Ikonen, Olofsson... Wow. Poehling and Juulsen, especially.
And then Byron.

It just shows how our so-called depth problem isn't really a problem.

If we have 2 injuries at all times, our 14 forwards becomes 12 that play every night
Lehkonen-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Domi
Tatar-Suzuki-Weal
Drouin-Poehling-Armia
Cousins, Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad