GDT: 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Dahl left the game on a cart, and don't look for a replay because it's bad. I feel awful for him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
18 straight starts for Lance Lynn of at least six innings... he's had three starts that he hasn't gone six, and they were all in April. He's thrown at least 100 pitches in all but two starts this year.

170/35 K/BB, 16 QS in 23 starts

He's been a really good find coming off a below average (at best) season.

Edit: Sorry, one of those starts was March 31st.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Vince Velasquez threw out a guy at home from left field to save a run for Roman Quinn who’s pitching and I can’t stop laughing

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
The Twins missed on getting Will Smith from the Giants for their bullpen (yea, yea, I know, SF thinks they can still get in the playoffs), so they settled for Sam Dyson from the Giants instead....and man, has Dyson looked awful so far in two outings since the trade.
He blew the game the Twins basically had in the bag against the Marlins (MN 4-1 lead in the 9th), and tonight, against the Royals, didn't look too sharp either.

Fortunately, the other Twins acquisition, Sergio "Ageless" Romo, they got from the Marlins HAS looked good...and the man looks excited, to say the least, playing for a contender!

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I didn't really like the Aguilar trade, and I don't understand the Jesus Sanchez move either, but I don't question the Rays management at all anymore, they are one of the best run teams in the league.

Agreed.
I sometimes scratch my head at some of the things they do, but generally speaking, and in the long run, they usually are making the correct moves....INCLUDING, knowing when to unload certain players, as evidenced when the wheels "fall off" elsewhere after doing fine in TB.

Makes me wonder what this management could REALLY do if they had a larger budget to work with.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
This Domingo German of the Yankees.....underrated talent on the team?

We hear all about Paxton, Happ, CC's final year, Tanaka, and Severino and when he will return...but not much about German, yet when I see him pitch, he looks incredibly poised, confident...and effective out there.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Yankees certainly getting their revenge on the Red Sox for last weekend where Boston blasted NY's pitching.
NY putting the hurtin on the Sox this game after beating them yesterday. 9-2 NY now heading into the 7th.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Meanwhile, over at Wrigley, the Cubbies hold a 1-0 lead over a Brewers team that could be in danger of not only falling out of the Central race, but out of the playoffs entirely.

Brew have not played well lately and a once three team race (St.L, ChiC, Mil) has for the moment, come down to the Cards and Cubs.
The wild card in the NL is as crazy as ever, but current favorites to stay on those would be whomever loses out in the NL Central and the Nats.

Milwaukee needs to pick up some wins against the Cubs...badly.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yankees certainly getting their revenge on the Red Sox for last weekend where Boston blasted NY's pitching.
NY putting the hurtin on the Sox this game after beating them yesterday. 9-2 NY now heading into the 7th.

and now Boston has lost 6 in a row.

39 runs the first 3 games vs NYY last week, 4 in the first 2 games this series.....

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Aaron Sanchez has 6 no-hit innings though!

92 pitches though so I doubt this lasts much longer.

He keeps looking at this finger. So there might be another blister coming. Which makes sense because all his fastballs have been at a pedestrian 91-93mph. Either way...he's been pitching a hell of a game. Proud of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad