GDT: 2019 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Who are you looking forward to the most if they represent their country?

• Sweden: Philip Broberg, D [2019 Draft]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA: Evan Barratt, C [Blackhawks - 90th overall in 2017]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Kovalenko is officially on the team now.

So Ranta isn't on the Finland roster but he could still be on the team? Do these teams just need more time to evaluate?

I'm looking forward to watching the others who we know for sure will be playing. Kaut's up first just over an hour from now and then Bowers in the evening.

I think they said something to the effect of playing it safe with injuries, which I guess means if they have an early injury, they'll register players accordingly. Player type might come into question there...

And if there are none, 1 F/D/G each.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Kaut is so slow... Don't see him at the NHL level with that skating. Not looking good so far. Hopefully he picks it up soon!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Both teams look rough and rusty... typical for a first game. Love, love, love Kurashev though...

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I think he's pretty slow, it's obvious when he has the puck off the rush and gets caught easily. I mean, he's not a better skater than Jost in my opinion, and people think that's what's preventing him from putting offense on here.

EDIT : Just making it clear that I don't hate Kaut, he's the forward I wanted at the draft and he's good. But I do think his skating is lacking by quite a bit right now.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I hope you guys are right. I've seen at least 5 times in half the game where his skating held him back to make a play. He's a big guy and I don't expect him to be a burner, but I remembered him a bit faster I guess.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think he's pretty slow, it's obvious when he has the puck off the rush and gets caught easily. I mean, he's not a better skater than Jost in my opinion, and people think that's what's preventing him from putting offense on here.

EDIT : Just making it clear that I don't hate Kaut, he's the forward I wanted at the draft and he's good. But I do think his skating is lacking by quite a bit right now.

Well Kaut has size to counteract his lack of elite skating.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Man the Czechs with a ton of sloppy penalties there. Lucky they only got scored on once there with all those PK’s.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If this is the way the WJC is going to be called, whoever has the best PP is gonna win. This is ugly...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Kaut is slow, he just has a weird skating style. That hunched over head down skating is probably going to get him lit up at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad