GDT: 2019 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Discussion in 'Colorado Avalanche' started by S E P H, Dec 15, 2018.

?

Who are you looking forward to the most if they represent their country?

  1. Canada: Shane Bowers, C [Avs - Trade]

    17.7%
  2. Canada: Alexis Lafreniere, LW [2020 Draft]

    4.4%
  3. Czechia: Martin Kaut, RW [Avs - 16th overall in 2018]

    31.9%
  4. Denmark: Mads Sogaard, G [2019 Draft]

    3.5%
  5. Finland: Kaapo Kakko, RW [2019 Draft]

    19.5%
  6. Finland: Sampo Ranta, LW [Avs - 78th overall in 2018]

    0.9%
  7. Russia: Nikolai Kovalenko, RW [Avs - 171st overall in 2018]

    6.2%
  8. Russia: Vitali Kravtsov, RW [Rags - 9th overall in 2018]

    2.7%
  9. Slovakia: Maxim Cajovic, RW [2019 Draft]

    1.8%
  10. Suisse: Valentinn Nussbaumer, C [2019 Draft]

    0.9%
  11. Sweden: Philip Broberg, D [2019 Draft]

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sweden: Erik Brannstrom, D [VGK - 15th overall in 2017]

    0.9%
  13. USA: Evan Barratt, C [Blackhawks - 90th overall in 2017]

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. USA: Jack Hughes, C [2019 Draft]

    9.7%
  1. Pierce Hawthorne

    Pierce Hawthorne Formerly Avsare1

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2012
    Messages:
    20,180
    Likes Received:
    4,985
    Trophy Points:
    156
    Location:
    Caverns of Draconis

    They have the highest odds, but it's still less then 20%. There's a 4/5 chance the pick ends up not 1st overall.


    There's actually a 53% chance of picking 4th even if Ottawa finishes 31st overall. And only a 47% chance the pick is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
     
  2. Foppberg

    Foppberg Registered User Sponsor

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2016
    Messages:
    12,697
    Likes Received:
    8,449
    Trophy Points:
    141
    Hey, @BrickAHL isn't that bad.
     
    CobraAcesS and BrickAHL like this.
  3. It's true.
     
    avsfan09 and CobraAcesS like this.
  4. Pierce Hawthorne

    Pierce Hawthorne Formerly Avsare1

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2012
    Messages:
    20,180
    Likes Received:
    4,985
    Trophy Points:
    156
    Location:
    Caverns of Draconis

    Oh wow, I forgot I had already used the ignore feature once before




    :sarcasm:
     
    BrickAHL likes this.
  5. BleedWell

    BleedWell Registered User

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2018
    Messages:
    465
    Likes Received:
    221
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Gender:
    Male
    I'm sure you do!
    It's gonna be great six months from now when Kakko is the first pick and all your 20-50 "Hughes is 1OA by a mile, all the other opinions are dead wrong" posts look ridicoulus:wedgie:
     
  6. DanishAvsfan

    DanishAvsfan Registered User

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2007
    Messages:
    829
    Likes Received:
    145
    Trophy Points:
    91
    Not many. I still remember Forsberg stumbling his way his first interviews in English. It was funny. In any case I don't think it will be a problem, although I do think it will take some getting used to for him.
     
  7. UncleRisto

    UncleRisto Not Great, Bob!

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2012
    Messages:
    16,956
    Likes Received:
    4,981
    Trophy Points:
    156
    Location:
    Finland
    Yeah, it's not really a problem. These days I do find it a little curious though, when Nordic people can't do it, even if it's with some kind of awful accent. Of course, I study English so my viewpoint is a wee bit different than that of a teenage pro athlete.
     
    cgf likes this.
  8. S E P H

    S E P H @SEPH_WHL

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2010
    Messages:
    14,662
    Likes Received:
    2,698
    Trophy Points:
    166
    Occupation:
    WHL
    Location:
    Toruń, PL
  9. cgf

    cgf FireBednarsSuccessor

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2010
    Messages:
    41,957
    Likes Received:
    6,905
    Trophy Points:
    156
    Occupation:
    Browbeaten Bookkeeper
    Location:
    w/ Renley's Peach
    It does make this place a lot more enjoyable :laugh:

    ...even if I no longer have to ignore as many folks as I did back when i first started posting here...
     
  10. 18007

    18007 Fiddy

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2011
    Messages:
    7,606
    Likes Received:
    635
    Trophy Points:
    109
    Location:
    Boone, NC
    Just want to go on record to say I’d rather have Kakko than Hughes. Same reason I wanted Mackinnon after watching the Memorial Cup game. Some players just have another level and play better under pressure. I also think he would fit in better for some reason....
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
monitoring_string = "358c248ada348a047a4b9bb27a146148"