GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championships - Slovakia (Bratislava/Kosice) - May 10th to 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
God dammit I’m getting tired of saying it...
Same. How many posts on this topic will have been for nothing, site-wide? 15,000? 25,000?

Ferraro talking about Europeans playing college hockey and having to "fight through the language"

Dude, it's English. It's the EASIEST language out there. I speak 6 and the other 4 (aside from my own language) were a lot harder
That’s funny, if I had to summarize Ferraro’s PBP, I would describe it as fighting the English language.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard Banger

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
How do the Rangers have lots of ties to Kakko?

I don't know about lots of ties, but Eloraanta is a former TPS player and our scout in Finland.

I think its correct to say that TPS traditionally has the top development program in Finland, they had that Russian coach Jurzinov for a long time that focused a lot on skill development and they have produced a lot of good young players. Others might have produced more, but my guess that its not more in relation to the size of the city. Jurzinov was basically the first to get his players on the ice during the summer, they worked really hard on skill even during the summer.

It seems like we are paying a lot of attention to what they are doing and have drafted some kids from that organization lately. I think Pajunniemi is one of the more underrated kids we have in the system, but that kid has had some bad luck at least when it comes to getting attention. It would be awsome if he could get a mini-breakthrough next season. Virta is a TPS kid. Reunanen came out of TPS system. Korpikoski is a TPS guy. And so forth.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Is anyone still watching the playoff after Rangers, Dallas, and Tampa being out?

Not really. Maybe a period out of three in total per game. I probably watched every possible minute of the first 2 rounds. I'm spent without any draft pick incentive.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Any legal streams of the Finland game that works in the US? Sad that NHL Network is airing the Italy game instead today.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah the IIHF youtube streams don't work in the US

Kakko with a good chance coming down the middle of the slot and receiving a pass, but saved by the goalie

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
chytil back in the lineup today...although looks like he's on the 4th line

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm from Finland and I hope that Kakko is going to play for Rangers. Better place and better organisation.
Well no kidding, the other team places in a city that doesn't even know it exists. They're not much more popular than the local bowling league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad