GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championships - Slovakia (Bratislava/Kosice) - May 10th to 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Is anyone still watching the playoff after Rangers, Dallas, and Tampa being out?

Game 3 of Boston-Carolina and all of San Jose-St. Louis.

I'll most likely not miss another game until somebody lifts the cup now. There's always enough of a storyline to follow that keeps me interested, and barring the Leafs, there's no team I hate enough that I would turn a finals game off when they're winning.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
See I'm watching this game after watching some of Hughe's game against GB and Kakko in some ways here isn't being as visible as Hughes was in terms of skating, pushing the puck up the ice, etc. IMOit's some of that stuff that I think the Devils will look at when evaluating things.

Kakko hasn't been bad, he's had several good chances including a good shot just now

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
See I'm watching this game after watching some of Hughe's game against GB and Kakko in some ways here isn't being as visible as Hughes was in terms of skating, pushing the puck up the ice, etc. IMOit's some of that stuff that I think the Devils will look at when evaluating things.

Kakko hasn't been bad, he's had several good chances including a good shot just now
Nope not bad, but this is probably one of his more quiet games if not quietest games thus far. He'll probably score another highlight reel goal right after I post this haha.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

Yes. Carrying the puck up the ice isn't his strongest suite. This game is also pretty lazy from him, compared to the other games. You're basically comparing Kakko's worst game to Hughes's second best in the tournament :)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yes. Carrying the puck up the ice isn't his strongest suite. This game is also pretty lazy from him, compared to the other games. You're basically comparing Kakko's worst game to Hughes's second best in the tournament :)

Well my point is really that the Devils are seeing all of this...they're seeing the dynamic skills that Hughes has even when they're not resulting in points at the moment. Hughes isn't looking over matched and unskilled, it's unlikely he's losing his #1 spot because he is flashing the skills that teams have scouted and the Devils are thinking "man when he has a bit of experience in the NHL he's going to be great"

Kakko has made it a conversation but I think NJ still take Hughes

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Trying the ally-oop over the back of the net

When I see words like this, I know I never will become good at English... ;)

The Danes have a good roster, but started bad against the US, that are up 6-1 in the 3rd. Hughes with an assist, haven't seen it. Many Americans are floating pretty bad, okey if some are doing it, like Kane, he isn't floating with the puck, its hard to not notice that Jack Eichel is probably the biggest floater on that team. Haven't accomplished much as a professional hockey player and is a big leader for this team.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Anyone know if there are any ice-time data available from the WCHs? I've seen numbers listed from Kakko and Hughes on the likes, but not in any stat data base...

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
When I see words like this, I know I never will become good at English... ;)

The Danes have a good roster, but started bad against the US, that are up 6-1 in the 3rd. Hughes with an assist, haven't seen it. Many Americans are floating pretty bad, okey if some are doing it, like Kane, he isn't floating with the puck, its hard to not notice that Jack Eichel is probably the biggest floater on that team. Haven't accomplished much as a professional hockey player and is a big leader for this team.

Yeah, I agree but I don’t know how much to read into this. Eichel is an insanely talented kid but he has an air of entitlement about him. He’s not old or accomplished enough to be mailing it in at a tournament like this.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
you knew he wouldn't play much after tb choke job made vasilevski available but it would have been nice to see russia give georgiev some more time against the weaker teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad