GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championships - Slovakia (Bratislava/Kosice) - May 10th to 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Devils and Hughes: Lots of ties
Rangers and Kakko: Lots of ties

Devils and Kakko: 0
Rangers and Hughes: Some ties at least (Drury, Skjei, Fox, Kreider)

Devils and Kakko is the worst match out of the 4 possible outcomes

Who is the better player at this moment? That should be all that matters.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Like I said unless the Devils change their minds and are convinced that Kakko is the better player now and will be the better player later, they will still pick Hughes. To make a change lke that you have to be absolutely convinced that the guy you're switching to is the superior player. Not an equal player, or very very close, clear cut superior player.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Lehtonen getting PotG. Wow
Passed the puck to Kakko in center ice, Kakko goes through the field and scores a highlight reel goal. "WEOW WHAT AN AMAZING ASSIST!" must have been the logic.
Kakko has 7 points right? The announcers were saying he has 8 but i believe the messed up.
Yeah, TSN and messing up goes hand in hand. 6 goals and an assist.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Passed the puck to Kakko in center ice, Kakko goes through the field and scores a highlight reel goal. "WEOW WHAT AN AMAZING ASSIST!" must have been the logic.

Yeah, TSN and messing up goes hand in hand.

How many vouchers for the spa can they give to Kakko before he turns them down?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Defensemen has Kaapo a wide open lane for a very high percentage chance and the defensemen takes a shot.. really
This same thing happened at least 5 times that game. He could use some D with vision. He's good at getting open. Has received a grand total of 0 good one timer passes, though. In NHL this is a frequent play.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Ferraro talking about Europeans playing college hockey and having to "fight through the language"

Dude, it's English. It's the EASIEST language out there. I speak 6 and the other 4 (aside from my own language) were a lot harder
Because the grammar rules of English make no sense and change on a whim, we native English speakers tend to assume it is a very difficult language to pick up.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Because the grammar rules of English make no sense and change on a whim, we native English speakers tend to assume it is a very difficult language to pick up.

Well, it's mostly native English speakers who type "could of" which always makes me twitch haha. But the reason, or one of the reasons it's easy to pick up is because from a linguistic standpoint it's a cocktail of 15-20 other languages.

Reactions: Jussi

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

To be honest I'm pretty sure we were all told in our middle school language classes about how crazy and nonsense english is compared to the romance languages and they all have RULES and MAKE SENSE and are so much easier to learn!

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You don't need the grammar rules to learn the language or speak it fluently. You just need to be exposed enough. I've never learned any grammar of English (and granted, I make mistakes), but I've always been very good with it since I have been exposed to it from a very young age via the Internet, video games and movies etc. Got the best possible grades in every single school/class so far in my life.

Of course this could just be me and someone else might learn better by learning what are the different rules, but I think the best way to learn is to just get exposed to the language and use it.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
To be honest I'm pretty sure we were all told in our middle school language classes about how crazy and nonsense english is compared to the romance languages and they all have RULES and MAKE SENSE and are so much easier to learn!
lol exactly- only something a middle school language teacher would actually care about.

Reactions: Rongomania

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
You don't need the grammar rules to learn the language or speak it fluently. You just need to be exposed enough. I've never learned any grammar of English (and granted, I make mistakes), but I've always been very good with it since I have been exposed to it from a very young age via the Internet, video games and movies etc. Got the best possible grades in every single school/class so far in my life.

Of course this could just be me and someone else might learn better by learning what are the different rules, but I think the best way to learn is to just get exposed to the language and use it.
Completely agree, I don't know SFA about English grammar but can write you up a graduate level thesis (for the right price of course!)

Not Fun Game: spot all the grammatical errors above lol

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The fun thing is Swedish is probably an easier language than English to learn for a Finn if you consider them just by the grammar, vocabulary etc. But the fact that we have a little brother complex against Swedes, hate the language and are forced to learn it and in comparison, everyone is exposed to English because of entertainment means that majority of Finns speak good English, or atleast understand it. With Swedish, people strugle to pass their mandatory few credit cources in universities, even in places where there are Swedish speaking Finns. Probably something similar is going on in Canada, although they have much more French speakers than we have Swedish speakers in Finland.

Exposure, exposure and exposure. Some people never become fluent (look at Selänne lol), but even guys like Malkin have learned the language well when they have been in the country for few years and are forced to learn it by experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad