GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championships - Slovakia (Bratislava/Kosice) - May 10th to 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I could see him going top 10 tbh.

I think there are a few teams out there that have him ranked very, very high. Honestly, if you take the fact that he’s a goalie out the equation, you could make an argument that he’s a top-5 player in this draft.
I think Edmonton, Vancouver, Minnesota, Florida, Colorado, Vegas, Dallas, Ottawa and Arizona should all look at him. Will they burn their 1st on him is the question?

Reactions: eco's bones

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
If Spencer Knight is still around in the late second though--you almost have to take him.
If our player isn't there, it'd make more sense to trade the pick to one of all the teams who really need a goaltender like Edmonton, Vancouver, Minnesota, Florida, Colorado, Vegas, Dallas, Ottawa and Arizona (as Crow listed). I would add Carolina to that list too. Not sure if they will pony up to retain Mrazek. He's only 26 or 27 but as a UFA, they aren't guaranteed anything. So hypothetically, if Knight drops to 20 and all the guys we have rated high on our (the Rangers staff) list are gone, I could get behind a #20 for #29 + #37 trade down.

Reactions: eco's bones

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Projecting a Goalies future success at the NHL draft is like projecting skaters' future success at the CHL draft. Not completely impossible, but why invest the time and energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad