GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championship IV - Knockout round (OP Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Hughes has had a couple plays where he got bumped too easily, but hes created a lot of opportunities so far. Flying out there too.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
he's going to get bumped and knocked down but he created multiple chances on net for himself and teammates and held the puck with confidence in both zones, encouraging game

Reactions: TheDuke93

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
To me, Jack showed enough in this period to draft him first. If he gains some weight and physical strength, watch out. Best player on the US team so far and it's not even close.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Looks like Hughes was actually getting a regular shift late in that period as well.

That needs to continue if USA hopes to get back in this one.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
To me, Jack showed enough in this period to draft him first. If he gains some weight and physical strength, watch out. Best player on the US team so far and it's not even close.
Is he playing wing?

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
@Rejan I'm shocked you posted on the Hughes main thread that he's been attrocious, when pretty much everyone else including some critics of his in the mainboard game thread have said Hughes has been pretty good.

Needs strength and to work on faceoffs. He's been very noticeable.

Johnny hockey has been terrible all tournament

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
@Rejan I'm shocked you posted on the Hughes main thread that he's been attrocious, when pretty much everyone else including some critics of his in the mainboard game thread have said Hughes has been pretty good.

Atrocious? In this game?

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011

He looked much better after the first 2 shifts... figured if i complained early he'd make me look dumb.

let it happen ;)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No joke. I really like how he finds open ice, he is the only one who keeps up with the russian speed. Really a good period that proves he can play with anybody if he gets a chance.
I'd maybe go with something like "that period showcases why you take him #1".

But with all the talk about small samples, I thought it was kind of funny you made up your mind after one period of play.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm more surprised they are giving him a regular shift. When he is playing I expect him to be good.

Apparently he played 4:33 in the first. An improvement but I could still see them tapping him out at ten minutes for the night and double shifting Eichel late in a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad