GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championship IV - Knockout round (OP Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Since there seems to be need for warnings, here they are:

If you're an outsider and want to talk hockey feel free. If you're just an outsider here to stir the pot you will get dinged for trolling/flaming and possibly threadbanned. Be respectful, this isn't the mainboard.

And to the homeboarders, no more complaining, namecalling or whining from you either. Counter-flaming is policed the same way as flaming and name-calling isn't tolerated whatever poster(s) it's directed at. If you see a post that's problematic and feel it's a rulebreaker, don't respond in kind - ignore and/or report it.

Making snide comments about other posters fall under flaming, and also one-liner or one-emoticon posts meant to mock someone or the thread at large are spam and don't help either.

Now let's try to continue with some form of civility.

Oh and this thread IS supposed to be about the World Championships, not the draft so it isn't going to be a Kakko-Hughes thread indefinitely if their teams get eliminated.

Last edited:

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Larkin and Ryan out for tomorrow’s game and most likely the rest of the tournament. Hughes potentially in line for a bigger role.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Potentially being the operative word since this is Blashill and he still has Glendening to overplay.

I literally had to google who the f*** Glendening even is. Is Blashill really that stupid or is he just being a homer and playing his own guys?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hughes getting some rest is good, I think he will have a nice game tomorrow.

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
I know these threads have been focusing on the potential incoming players but I’ve been really impressed with how Severson has been utilized in this tournament.

Obvs as someone living north of the border who watches Canada more closely I’ve been as interested in that as the Hughes/Kakko dynamic.

Anyways, carry on!

Reactions: David Conte

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I know these threads have been focusing on the potential incoming players but I’ve been really impressed with how Severson has been utilized in this tournament.

Obvs as someone living north of the border who watches Canada more closely I’ve been as interested in that as the Hughes/Kakko dynamic.

Anyways, carry on!
Absolutely. I have been very pleased with how team Canada has used Severson. It is real unfortunate that it won't be that way come October. This tournament has really showcased what Severson actually brings to the table.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Absolutely. I have been very pleased with how team Canada has used Severson. It is real unfortunate that it won't be that way come October. This tournament has really showcased what Severson actually brings to the table.

Why cant it be that way in October?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
anyone with better detective skills then myself know if in fact hughes role will be bigger today? or he is still down on 3rd/4th line?

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Please quiet the main board today Jack... other than that don't really care about this game.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Jack centering Kreider and Vatrano, two guys who dont possess the puck a ton and can skate and shoot. Hopefully they can have some chemistry.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Jack centering Kreider and Vatrano, two guys who dont possess the puck a ton and can skate and shoot. Hopefully they can have some chemistry.
Before the tournament started I said I hope Jack plays with Kreider. It seems like a good fit.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Is Hughes going to play LW today? I am at work so I am not going to be able to see this until much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->