GDT: 2019 IIHF U18 Tournament

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Seems like most people say Mark Stone.
Been liking Boldy more and more for awhile now , he turns into a stone how can we not take him?f*** I’d trade AA to Edmonton if we somehow knew he’d be another stone and take him at 8

Don’t see him being taken in the top 10 though I’m more pissed Tracey has been playing so well we might have a crack now at him with our 2nd

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Karl Henriksson is someone I’m interested in for the middle rounds.

I’d also take a shot on Fensore in the later rounds.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I have felt relatively unqualified to talk on Krebs in detail to this point due to limited exposure, but with the free time this weekend to take in some live game action, some shift by shift video, and naturally a highlight reel tossed in here and there, I'm beginning to buy in on his value and what he could potentially bring to the table. I've pushed names like Zegras and Dach for their playmaking prowess, and I think it would be negligent to promote their value, and not also consider how good Krebs is in that respect.

His heart shows through in his play, and he obviously has the complete package of being a dynamite skater and possessing the offensive tools in his tool kit that give him a chance to be a consistent top line producer in the NHL. He fits the identity of the current team we are putting together, but also has the unique skill set that I personally have been seeking from a forward in this draft. Would absolutely sign off on this one at 6, and feels like the type of player who this organization would be salivating over.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have felt relatively unqualified to talk on Krebs in detail to this point due to limited exposure, but with the free time this weekend to take in some live game action, some shift by shift video, and naturally a highlight reel tossed in here and there, I'm beginning to buy in on his value and what he could potentially bring to the table. I've pushed names like Zegras and Dach for their playmaking prowess, and I think it would be negligent to promote their value, and not also consider how good Krebs is in that respect.

His heart shows through in his play, and he obviously has the complete package of being a dynamite skater and possessing the offensive tools in his tool kit that give him a chance to be a consistent top line producer in the NHL. He fits the identity of the current team we are putting together, but also has the unique skill set that I personally have been seeking from a forward in this draft. Would absolutely sign off on this one at 6, and feels like the type of player who this organization would be salivating over.

I am definitely a fan. A lot of folks on here have described Turcotte as a Larkin-clone, but I have always thought that Krebs is very similar to him as well (if not more).

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I am definitely a fan. A lot of folks on here have described Turcotte as a Larkin-clone, but I have always thought that Krebs is very similar to him as well (if not more).

Probably think Krebs is a little more pass first than Larkin, imo. From a standpoint looking at personality, character, leadership, by any means necessary type of mindset, I feel like he fits a comparison with Larkin/Bertuzzi/Veleno which we appear to have gravitated towards recently, but from a play style perspective, I do like the comparisons that people have come up with on the board and other online scouts like Last Word On Hockey. The Point, Keller, Barzal, Backstrom stylistically all feel pretty accurate to describe, quick, shifty, high IQ playmaking pivots.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Heard a lot of comparisons to Brad Marchand (w/o the pest/p.o.s. factor).

I'm secretly pulling for him too I want him at 6. He seems like a prospect that will make us kick ourselves for a long time if we pass on.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
This tournament has 10 players averaging between 2.0 and 3.6 p/g, but Podkolzin and Zegras are not among them. They are averaging 0.33 p/g each. Also, we're in the first round: This is a point in the tournament where some of the more powerful teams face some of the weaker teams. I expect that guys on stronger teams will score a lot in this round, but Russia and USA are two of the stronger teams, yet we're not seeing what we want from Zegras or Podkolzin. Zegras almost has an excuse because USA has had a tough schedule, but there are four guys on USA averaging 3 p/g or more over the same stretch.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This tournament has 10 players averaging between 2.0 and 3.6 p/g, but Podkolzin and Zegras are not among them. They are averaging 0.33 p/g each. Also, we're in the first round: This is a point in the tournament where some of the more powerful teams face some of the weaker teams. I expect that guys on stronger teams will score a lot in this round, but Russia and USA are two of the stronger teams, yet we're not seeing what we want from Zegras or Podkolzin. Zegras almost has an excuse because USA has had a tough schedule, but there are four guys on USA averaging 3 p/g or more over the same stretch.

I don’t think this Russian team is very good at all... Zegras has played 1 game and has 1 assist.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I don’t think this Russian team is very good at all... Zegras has played 1 game and has 1 assist.
Well besides USA, Russia has played Latvia and Slovakia. So compared to who Russia has played as well as compared to other teams in the tournament, Russia has a strong team. They are not in the top two probably, but they are one of the tournaments stronger teams as a point of fact. So, one point for Podkolzin after playing Latvia, Slovakia and USA. That's not what we want to see from him.

I didn't see where IIHF kept track of games for Zegras, but checking Elite Prospects, they show you are right. he's at 1.0 p/g, not 0.33 p/g. We'll have to see where he goes from there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well besides USA, Russia has played Latvia and Slovakia. So compared to who Russia has played as well as compared to other teams in the tournament, Russia has a strong team. They are not in the top two probably, but they are one of the tournaments stronger teams as a point of fact. So, one point for Podkolzin after playing Latvia, Slovakia and USA. That's not what we want to see from him.

I didn't see where IIHF kept track of games for Zegras, but checking Elite Prospects, they show you are right. he's at 1.0 p/g, not 0.33 p/g. We'll have to see where he goes from there.

Yeah idk, I didn’t think Podkolzin was the #3 player to begin with, so this doesn’t change much for me.

But to the NHL scouts that did, not sure this is going to change their minds either... given his supporting cast. I watched Russia play USA and I swear the puck was in their zone 75 % of the time.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Russia is ok it just USA is amazing team, could be all time the best. . I bet That kid Caulfield better than Zadina

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Yeah idk, I didn’t think Podkolzin was the #3 player to begin with, so this doesn’t change much for me.

But to the NHL scouts that did, not sure this is going to change their minds either... given his supporting cast. I watched Russia play USA and I swear the puck was in their zone 75 % of the time.
That might be to our benefit if teams get scared off that he has a few points and he falls to us,I’m not gonna write him off cause of his lack of pts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad