GDT: 2019 IIHF U18 Tournament

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Boldy with another beautiful feed to Caufield for a goal.

InsideAccess93

Jun 21, 2017
How have Broberg and Soderstrom looked? I am curious to see how they matched up against the Hughes line.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Canada wins 5-3. Big games from Krebs, Rees, Tracey. Cozens was good but not great, as his line didn't have a lot of chemistry going. Didn't love what I saw from Suzuki, Harley, and Newhook at times.

Anton Lundell is so good already. It's really impressive.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Is anyone even considering trading back and get a pick and take Caufield despite his size? All I keep hearing is how the kid will continue to score big no matter what league he’s in ,I’d Just laugh it off and be like no thanks to his size but debrincat just hit the 40 goal mark last season so can this kid realistically get 30-40 in the nhl?

Rasmussen veleno Caufield line ?

I know we won’t take him but I’m just thinking of every scenario now

Ummm Or future possibly with Caufield

Bertuzzi Larkin mantha
Berggren veleno zadina
Hirose Rasmussen Caufield
Smith Pearson ehn

Trade AA for fabbro , Svechnikov for picks+

Fabbro hronek
Cholowski mcisaac
Lindstrom ?

Larsson

Anyways yup I’m looking forward to the day we won’t sphave to see nielsen,helm,abdelkader,ericsson on our lineup anymore

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Canada wins 5-3. Big games from Krebs, Rees, Tracey. Cozens was good but not great, as his line didn't have a lot of chemistry going. Didn't love what I saw from Suzuki, Harley, and Newhook at times.

Anton Lundell is so good already. It's really impressive.
I like Lundell more than Kakko , maybe because he is center , I don't know. If we draft Krebs I will be very happy, he is complete package, love his play behind the net

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I like Lundell more than Kakko , maybe because he is center , I don't know. If we draft Krebs I will be very happy, he is complete package, love his play behind the net

Hoping for Lundell next year. Already got his RC.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Is anyone even considering trading back and get a pick and take Caufield despite his size? All I keep hearing is how the kid will continue to score big no matter what league he’s in ,I’d Just laugh it off and be like no thanks to his size but debrincat just hit the 40 goal mark last season so can this kid realistically get 30-40 in the nhl?

Rasmussen veleno Caufield line ?

I know we won’t take him but I’m just thinking of every scenario now

Ummm Or future possibly with Caufield

Bertuzzi Larkin mantha
Berggren veleno zadina
Hirose Rasmussen Caufield
Smith Pearson ehn

Trade AA for fabbro , Svechnikov for picks+

Fabbro hronek
Cholowski mcisaac
Lindstrom ?

Larsson

Anyways yup I’m looking forward to the day we won’t sphave to see nielsen,helm,abdelkader,ericsson on our lineup anymore

Don’t even consider Caufield an option. It’s easier that way. If they want a true goal scorer, they’d try to find a balanced trade with Anaheim for 9+STL/SJ first for 6 and whatever is needed and go after Boldy if you’re looking for scoring winger talent.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Don’t even consider Caufield an option. It’s easier that way. If they want a true goal scorer, they’d try to find a balanced trade with Anaheim for 9+STL/SJ first for 6 and whatever is needed and go after Boldy if you’re looking for scoring winger talent.
I don’t think those guys will give us another 1st to move up 3 spots, I’d personally do it for a 32-45 pick added on though depending who were targeting with our first

I never had an eye on Caufield due to his size but the way ppl talk about him he seems like a sure thing to score goals and after seeing debrincat getting 40 I’m thinking he wouldn’t so such a horrible pick as I thought , but as of now I’m picking 6 depends who’s there

I liked Boldy as well and then I saw some articles saying he’d be a nice 3rd liner so I’m not so sure anymore on him, all this stuff being said I don’t think we’ll take either guy in the end

Jul 30, 2005
I dunno to what degree the Wings need a pure goalscorer. My take is they need someone to complement the ones they already have: Mantha, AA, Zadina, Rasmussen, Bertuzzi, etc. Larkin is maybe the best playmaker on the team, and even he likes to shoot a lot. Which is not to mention the options from the blue line: Green, Hronek, Cholowski are all very good PP triggermen. There are a lot of scorers just waiting for the right setup man.

And I guess that doesn't even really count the "heavy" guys you bounce pucks in off of.

Reactions: rhef3

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Caufield isn’t even the first small winger I’d take... I’d take Bobby Brink over him.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I dunno to what degree the Wings need a pure goalscorer. My take is they need someone to complement the ones they already have: Mantha, AA, Zadina, Rasmussen, Bertuzzi, etc. Larkin is maybe the best playmaker on the team, and even he likes to shoot a lot. Which is not to mention the options from the blue line: Green, Hronek, Cholowski are all very good PP triggermen. There are a lot of scorers just waiting for the right setup man.

And I guess that doesn't even really count the "heavy" guys you bounce pucks in off of.

They really don’t, which is why I’ve been looking at players like Zegras and Dach closely. I think Dach has distanced himself from the former, but we definitely need to find an elite set up man.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland
Jul 30, 2005
They really don’t, which is why I’ve been looking at players like Zegras and Dach closely. I think Dach has distanced himself from the former, but we definitely need to find an elite set up man.
I have this dilemma, because Dach is the player I think the Wings need, strategically. A big, skilled playmaking center would be a great addition. But when I watch him play, I just don't always come away impressed.

But on the other hand, I really want Cozens, and Cozens is not exactly what I think the Wings need. I just generally find him valuable, and I've been very impressed with him at times when I've seen him play. Although not so much today. Hmm.

Maybe I should just give myself over to the Krebs bandwagon. I mean, he *is* a playmaker...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Yeah... IMO Dach and Byram fill our biggest needs the best, so I’m thinking 1 of those 2 will be our pick.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah... IMO Dach and Byram fill our biggest needs the best, so I’m thinking 1 of those 2 will be our pick.

Both can create for themselves, both excel at creating for their teammates. Both fill position of needs. Dach gives you a right handed forward to plop on the halfboards of the powerplay that I know you’d love to add to the fold. Kind of setting up the inverse of Washington’s top unit.

Dach the right handed role of Backstrom, Mantha or Zadina as the left handed role of Ovechkin, Larkin playing as the left handed role of Oshie.

Reactions: Frk It

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
Both can create for themselves, both excel at creating for their teammates. Both fill position of needs. Dach gives you a right handed forward to plop on the halfboards of the powerplay that I know you’d love to add to the fold. Kind of setting up the inverse of Washington’s top unit.

Dach the right handed role of Backstrom, Mantha or Zadina as the left handed role of Ovechkin, Larkin playing as the left handed role of Oshie.
Love Dach’s skill set and what he brings. IMO Dach and Byram are the two best prospects for us. The only thing that holds me back from being all in on dach is his speed. IDK how it really would fit in on the wings. I know he has a powerful stride and love how he can slow the game down which none of our players currently do well. But if he has to play with a guy like AA who absolutely burns through the neutral zone, how is that going to work?? I was really hoping to see him play at these games to see how fast he can play when he needs to.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So despite common sense, Mantha goes back to fighting, and knocks out some hotshot rookie in the 2022 playoffs?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Love Dach’s skill set and what he brings. IMO Dach and Byram are the two best prospects for us. The only thing that holds me back from being all in on dach is his speed. IDK how it really would fit in on the wings. I know he has a powerful stride and love how he can slow the game down which none of our players currently do well. But if he has to play with a guy like AA who absolutely burns through the neutral zone, how is that going to work?? I was really hoping to see him play at these games to see how fast he can play when he needs to.

So my response to that concern would be: he’s bumping AA to the wing again. Ultimately it would be Dach’s mind for the game and the vision and patience to spring AA on breakouts. Hit him on the tape in stride. They actually complement each other beautiful because AA should be getting more dangerous opportunities without the concerns of blowing the zone, and Dach would have a very strong offensive winger to finish the chances he generates. Less worried about foot speed, more worried about playstyle fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad