GDT: 2019 IIHF U18 Tournament

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Krebs, Cozens and Turcotte are the big ones to watch for the wings first pick. I really could see Krebs being a bit of a sleeper pick, but we'll see how this tournament goes. Hard to pass up on the bigger centers.

As for the second round. Keep an eye on Rees and Korczak. 2 of the guys I really want the wings to go after for sure with their early second rounder

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
We better not pass up on Turcotte for size, Cozens and Dach just aren't on his level.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Pretty neat getting to see Turcotte, Hughes, Boldy, Cozens, and Krebs this morning.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Good. You should do that. You should also not speak in absolutes.
Well, I'm so sorry if i hurt your feelings with my strong opinion.

I'm thinking Krebs is also better than both Dach and Cozens, after watching them quite a bit more.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Well, I'm so sorry if i hurt your feelings with my strong opinion.

I'm thinking Krebs is also better than both Dach and Cozens, after watching them quite a bit more.

I’m sure you’re saying this because you are watching the USA game, which they only take away I can really find at this point is how much better USA is than Slovakia. They outclass their opponent in every respect.

But then again you said you are basing part of this on stat watching, so what more should I expect.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I’m sure you’re saying this because you are watching the USA game, which they only take away I can really find at this point is how much better USA is than Slovakia. They outclass their opponent in every respect.

But then again you said you are basing part of this on stat watching, so what more should I expect.

I've also watched them all play quite a bit, and acting like stats aren't important in evaluating players:laugh:.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I've also watched them all play quite a bit, and acting like stats aren't important in evaluating players:laugh:.

So stats don’t require context for you? Just big numbers are better because they are big numbers?

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
TSNs mock has Byram going 6th with Turcotte going 8th for Edmonton to ruin....

I don't see it going that way either I think both are gone by our pick. Podko is the wild card if he goes top 5 we can get a Cozens, Turcotte, or a Byram.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
People thought Dobson was going top 5 and Wahlstrom was going top 10 last year on here too.

Let's wait and see what happens. Would not be surprised at all if Turcotte is available at #6.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Big thumbs up to everybody providing tweets and other coverage here. I don't have time to watch the tournament, but your efforts are appreciated.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
Dach's not a burner, but I don't question his ability to keep up with the NHL pace at all.
I read on his page he was drafted behind Krebs into the whl because he was 5’9”. Now he’s 6’4” and still growing into his frame. I think his skating will get a lot better

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Rees really plays a styl that I could see the wings being interested in. Hes not a big, tough guy or anything but hes a gritty, offensive player. I'm trying to think of a comparison that works. Maybe something like a better offensively Matt Calvert? Not sure who to compare him too but I think he would fit with the identity the team seems to be working towards

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Podkolzin has been pretty good despite not hitting the scoresheet, but I still just don’t quite see what everyone else does.

I’m looking forward to watching this USA vs Russia game tomorrow and how he does on a bigger stage.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Rees really plays a styl that I could see the wings being interested in. Hes not a big, tough guy or anything but hes a gritty, offensive player. I'm trying to think of a comparison that works. Maybe something like a better offensively Matt Calvert? Not sure who to compare him too but I think he would fit with the identity the team seems to be working towards
How does he compare to Bertuzzi then? Gritty in a different way?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad