Rumor: 2019 Free Agent Boredom Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Y'all are forgetting about my boy Frankie anyway.

We dont need anybody else. That Czech lad is bringing us a Stanley Cup you wait and see.

Wow, I totally forgot about cat Frankie. He was a solid goaler for us the few games that he played. I guess in training camp we will see how good is he.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It will probably cost us our 1st round pick for Samsonov. We keep giving Washington 1st rounders.
Only one right? Which they then gave away for a year or two of someone I don’t remember the name of from Nashville that played poorly.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Y'all are forgetting about my boy Frankie anyway.

We dont need anybody else. That Czech lad is bringing us a Stanley Cup you wait and see.

I was thinking this too. Francouz looks ready to rumble. He was not given enough time to shine last season and, if Grubauer falters, Francouz will take the mantle.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think this could be a key to success. What highly paid goaltenders have won anything in this league? I think John Quick is the highest paid and he was only making like 5.5.

I like Grubi. I think he probably has a lot more to show. But if it’s going to require 7+ million to sign him on his next contract I hope we take a shot on another guy.

Before Price and Bob's big deals, goaltenders hadn't been the highest paid guys in the cap era.

The more expensive guys win more often than not though, and some of the cheap guys like Crawford and Quick ended up getting big raises soon after.

2019 - Binnington - $650k
2018 - Holtby - $6.1M
2017 - Fleury - $5.75M (15 games) and Murray - $902k (11 games)
2016 - Murray - $902k
2015 - Crawford - $6M
2014 - Quick - $5.8M
2013 - Crawford - $2.66M
2012 - Quick - $1.8M
2011 - Thomas - $5M
2010 - Niemi - $826k
2009 - Fleury - $5M

The same is true if you go back further with guys like Giguere, Khabibulin, Brodeur, Roy, and Belfour making good money.

Last edited:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I thought we were fleecing Le Mon for Price after he gets clown stomped by Detroit in early December @ 25% salary retention? :dunno:

giphy.gif

:sarcasm:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I watch his videos from time to time and I have to agree. This guy is more knowledgeable than 90% of hockey journalists, it's crazy how much stuff he knows about every teams. He's like the ultimate NHL fan.

Yep I started watching him this offseason. He's really good and puts out tons of content. He's not a hockey expert in that his opinions are just that of a layman, but he knows a ton. He's basically what you get when you take an average fan and have him learn every bit of hockey history, and watch almost every game in the season. Much better than most hockey YouTubers because he's not team-specific. For example, I enjoy Steve Dangle, but any time he talks about a team other than the Leafs he's often laughably out of touch with reality.

Reactions: Ryan Pat80

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
His analys is very good but i think Meloche can have the third RHD spot.
It's will be a mistake To trade Cole we need a warrior D for the playoff, and after his surgery i think his value is very low.

He was reading our boards in order to get an in depth analysis of Avs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Season preview from a pretty good hockey youtuber.

I clicked into the middle and stopped after I heard him say everyone wanted to pick apart Barrie and Kerfoot AFTER they were traded. Not sure how he missed them getting picked apart BEFORE they were traded.

Reactions: LTC Pain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad