OT: 2019 Football Thread: Free Agency and The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Really wish the Jets could have traded down. We took the supposed BPA at 3 but it was not a position of need. Now we don't have another pick until the 3rd. The 2nd half of the 1st, and 2nd round are loaded with pass rushers, WRs, and CBs, all positions we desperately need.
I really hope Williams is the next Donald because we still have GAPING holes all over the roster that have not been addressed and probably won't be before the season starts.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Unreal. I feel like there is a conglomerate of Boston-ites that are paying Gettleman to sabotage my beloved Giants franchise.

The Jones pick may be the worst top 10 pick in NFL history and it is by far the biggest reach for any QB, ever. Thanks Dave. All Giants fans have now converted into Knicks territory. Appreciate the life sentence, bro.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Daniel 'pick-6' Jones

it's destiny
haha. Well I follow the Jets but honestly the worst part of this Giants malpractice is I'm going to have to hear about it on the radio 24/7 for months. It's always got to be something

Rank the worst NYC market GMs of recent years:

Garth Snow
Dave Gettleman
Phil Jackson
Isiah Thomas
Jerry Reese

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Really wish the Jets could have traded down. We took the supposed BPA at 3 but it was not a position of need. Now we don't have another pick until the 3rd. The 2nd half of the 1st, and 2nd round are loaded with pass rushers, WRs, and CBs, all positions we desperately need.
I really hope Williams is the next Donald because we still have GAPING holes all over the roster that have not been addressed and probably won't be before the season starts.

You can't trade down if teams aren't looking to trade up.

I would have liked to trade down too, but there was no market for it. I'd rather them do this than take 20 cents on the dollar to move down just to get more picks.

Reactions: nyr2k2

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

It's so whack that they literally went for Manning 2.0...

All I am hearing is that this guy is a backup, that he's not no special skills, he was chosen due to his relationship with the Mannings... The entire Giants organization has become a Manning old boys club.

The real issue is not the pick, it's the people evaluating the talent, watch this video below:

1) The Giants had Jones as the #1 QB in the entire draft
2) Th Giants had Drew Lock as the 1A quarterback in the draft
3) The giants sacrificed picking Josh Allen to take Jones
4) Jones was only slightly rated higher than Lock in their opinion
5) Lock is still available in the draft

Should have done Allen, then Baker, then took Lock or Jones

THAT is the problem.

I've decided I'm not watching this team this year. They are going to be bad for a long time

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
It's so whack that they literally went for Manning 2.0...

All I am hearing is that this guy is a backup, that he's not no special skills, he was chosen due to his relationship with the Mannings... The entire Giants organization has become a Manning old boys club.

The real issue is not the pick, it's the people evaluating the talent, watch this video below:

1) The Giants had Jones as the #1 QB in the entire draft
2) Th Giants had Drew Lock as the 1A quarterback in the draft
3) The giants sacrificed picking Josh Allen to take Jones
4) Jones was only slightly rated higher than Lock in their opinion
5) Lock is still available in the draft

Should have done Allen, then Baker, then took Lock or Jones

THAT is the problem.

I've decided I'm not watching this team this year. They are going to be bad for a long time

If Jones doesn't work out, they could legitimately be out of the playoffs for the next 5-7 years. We're way closer to being the Pre-2018 Cleveland Browns than being Super Bowl contenders.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
haha. Well I follow the Jets but honestly the worst part of this Giants malpractice is I'm going to have to hear about it on the radio 24/7 for months. It's always got to be something

Rank the worst NYC market GMs of recent years:

Garth Snow
Dave Gettleman
Phil Jackson
Isiah Thomas
Jerry Reese

Reese has two championships. He should not be listed with those failures (Jackson has rings, but all pre-Knicks).

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Gettleman just set this club back 3 to 4 years. From the whole OBJ deal, to screwing up the cap space, to this new Eli-looking scrub.

Guy has no plan, lies to the fanbase, and should have been kept far away from the war room.

So many nice defensive prospects available to help this D out. Like real solid prospects. Haven't been this angry about Football in a long time.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
hahaha, Francesa opened his show railing about how the Giants were now a joke of an organization.

He then announced that Eli Manning would be leaving his weekly spot on his show next season because of the whole draft situation. So the Giants were listening to all this, and they contacted WFAN and demanded that Francessa recant on the air his assertion that Eli was due to anything other than "he just needed a break".

So Francessa basically tells the audience all that and basically says "F You I'll only recant that when the GIants win a Super Bowl everybody knows the Giants are lying"

bwahahahahaahahah

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Accorsi specifically credits Reese for essentially building the team through the draft. So, yeah. My post stands.

That’s great, Accorsi is the one that makes the picks, not Reese. The core of the team was built by Accorsi. Accorsi is the one who’s name that pops up when it says which GM picked which player. The GM is the one judged for drafting, as Reese was when he reached for Eli Apple, Ereck Flowers and so on.

So your post can stand, it doesn’t mean that you’re not dead wrong.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Listening to Humpty and Canty now, and Rick DiPietro went on a rant about his experience as a bad draft pick lol saying the Islanders should have kept Luongo and drafted Heatley or Gaborik, and that he feels bad because Daniel Jones will go thru the same thing except Darnold is Luongo and Allen is Heatley/Gaborik.. Really interesting to hear a player talk about himself like that.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm not going to hate on Daniel Jones. He didn't ask to be picked at 6, and I really hope he proves all of us wrong.

What kills me about the pick isn't Jones though, it's about how awful everything has played out for the Giants in the last few drafts. I love Barkley, I really do, but they had Darnold fall on their lap and they passed on him. Then last night they had Allen fall on their lap and they forced a pick on a QB, instead of trading for Rosen.

This team could've had Darnold, Hernandez, Hill, Carter, Allen, Lawrence, and Baker to build around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad