2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
What will happen in those idiotic situations is a defender or the goalie will make a ruthless challenge on the player not knowing it's offside, could injure the player or a play who would warrant a yellow or red card, then after that we found out it's 1 metre offside so what does the referee do?????

And that goes without talking about how it's slows the play down even more.

Since the arrival of spray paint, chicken referees and VAR the actuay minutes played in a game have been decreasing a lot.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Another situation where the punishment does not fit the crime. Defenders are going to have to have tiewraps around their arms....I don't care that it is a penalty with todays rules...that situation does not warrant a ball in the back of the Scottish net.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What will happen in those idiotic situations is a defender or the goalie will make a ruthless challenge on the player not knowing it's offside, could injure the player or a play who would warrant a yellow or red card, then after that we found out it's 1 metre offside so what does the referee do?????

And that goes without talking about how it's slows the play down even more.

Since the arrival of spray paint, chicken referees and VAR the actuay minutes played in a game have been decreasing a lot.

I can't even begin to explain how much I ****ing hate that new rule. As a former forward I would absolutely rather be called offside earlier rather than waste my energy chasing down a ball where I was clearly offside. And then there's that probability of injury to the players. Nothing will happen until someone gets injured though.

Reactions: Juve and Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I can't even begin to explain how much I ****ing hate that new rule. As a former forward I would absolutely rather be called offside earlier rather than waste my energy chasing down a ball where I was clearly offside. And then there's that probability of injury to the players. Nothing will happen until someone gets injured though.
And then they will "correct" it. Really idiotic things like this are starting to ruin the game.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Parris and Bronze impressing on England's right side. Penalty was harsh but the rule is dumb. Didn't expect to see Hope Solo on BBC's coverage.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Parris and Bronze impressing on England's right side.

Parris has been quite impressive, especially with those nutmegs

Penalty was harsh but the rule is dumb.

I don't it was harsh. Her arm was completely extended.

Didn't expect to see Hope Solo on BBC's coverage.

No one in their right mind should ever hire this crazy bitch. She's already hurling insults. I am surprised no one has ever knocked her out.

Reactions: Pouchkine

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I heard Hope Solo on the BBC live podcast...I had to listen to it a second time to hear what I thought I heard.... Outrageous comments ....seems like she wants to be a shock commentator...describing her former coach as cracking under pressure.

A simple background check on her would eliminate her from most jobs anywhere in the world yet they put a microphone in front of her.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The VAR is a total disaster for so many reasons. So many errors, referees not making easy calls, so much wasted time that they never add at the end of halfs. Complete fiasco, for one good decision you get at least 10 negative situations.

Completely killing the spirit of the game.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
What did Solo say?

To sums things up

- The Coach is not a leader she wants her to be. (I don't think the coach or her former teammates give a shit about what she wants in a leader.)
- She relies too much on her assistants
- She always cracks under pressure
- US wins in spite of coaching

She needs to sit down, shut her mouth and lay off the sauce.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
I heard Hope Solo on the BBC live podcast...I had to listen to it a second time to hear what I thought I heard.... Outrageous comments ....seems like she wants to be a shock commentator...describing her former coach as cracking under pressure.

A simple background check on her would eliminate her from most jobs anywhere in the world yet they put a microphone in front of her.

She is still bitter over being dumped by her teammates. Guess the BBC wanted to keep Aluko far from the Lionesses as possible.

Gotta feel bad for the Aussies. Going into the World Cup as a favorite and the coach gets sacked over allegations of a "toxic atmosphere" and the whole affair had an effect on them. It not going to help them any more as they play Brazil next, who seem to play better when Marta isn't on the field screaming at her team to give her the ball.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The VAR is a total disaster for so many reasons. So many errors, referees not making easy calls, so much wasted time that they never add at the end of halfs. Complete fiasco, for one good decision you get at least 10 negative situations.

Completely killing the spirit of the game.
On this, I agree.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Bit of an upset today with Italy beating Australia. Things don't get easier for Australia as they play Brazil on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad