2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Any interest in this?

I usually enjoy these tournaments or when the best go to the Olympics toward the latter stages of the knockout stage at least.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Groups

2AD976D2-3AB5-49DC-992D-4FA1A2DD7CC9.jpeg

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
You can delete the FIFA rankings and simply show the odds.

I have huge interest in this tournament, the women game is improving a lot and many teams have a shot at winning. I am very much looking forward to it much much more than the Gold Cup and Copa America.

It's in France, a lot of great stadiums and many fans, also real grass after the disaster that was the 2015 WC on turf.

Reactions: robertmac43

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
You can delete the FIFA rankings and simply show the odds.

I have huge interest in this tournament, the women game is improving a lot and many teams have a shot at winning. I am very much looking forward to it much much more than the Gold Cup and Copa America.

It's in France, a lot of great stadiums and many fans, also real grass after the disaster that was the 2015 WC on turf.
I was going to post the odds rather than the FIFA ranks but had a harder time finding a consensus so I just said “screw it” and put up the rankings.

The top 5-10 or so teams seem pretty accurately ranked here anyhow. More so than the men’s rankings for sure.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Post any odds instead of the FIFA rankings! For instance Canada at #5 is too high, Japan and Spain too low.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The Netherlands ladies have a very formidable team and looked great at the Euro (which they won). Really excited to see them against Canada as I think this group makes for some really interesting games.

Lieke Martens is a fantastic player (used to also be a big fan of Jackie Groenen but she just signed with United so bleh).

I thought about maybe making a Women's Soccer topic.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Post any odds instead of the FIFA rankings! For instance Canada at #5 is too high, Japan and Spain too low.
Spain is way too low. Japan and Canada might need to switch spots but it’s not that far off. Both comfortably in top 10.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Awesome seeing the women's game grow in so many ways. As stated earlier, looking forward to Canada and the Netherlands facing off. Canada should escape the group and it would be fun seeing them go on a run

Also mad respect for Ada Hegerberg in standing up for what she believes in. It's unfortunate she will not be at the tournament but there are bigger issues that need addressing in female sports.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Awesome seeing the women's game grow in so many ways. As stated earlier, looking forward to Canada and the Netherlands facing off. Canada should escape the group and it would be fun seeing them go on a run

Also mad respect for Ada Hegerberg in standing up for what she believes in. It's unfortunate she will not be at the tournament but there are bigger issues that need addressing in female sports.
Canada could get a tough game in the last 16 though, if we win the group it's either Japon or England but if we finish 2nd it could be better with maybe Sweden.

Reactions: robertmac43

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would be surprised if Canada finished over the Netherlands based on their current teams.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I still think the American women will repeat, but I'm still kind of sour of how they performed at the Olympics. I don't think Ellis is a good coach and I don't think this team knows how to break down a team that bunkers. Now I think we can easily get by those kind of teams based on pure talent, but it'll be like pulling teeth. The defense has been incredibly inconsistent this year and who know how Naeher will do as the starter.

For other team I really think the Spanish women will be the team to give a lot of the top teams headaches along with the Dutch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
According to the odds France and the United States are very close favorites.

France has always under-achieved in big tournaments so the jury is still out.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
My app has

US +350
France +350
Germany +550
England +600
Netherlands +1200
Australia +1700
Japan +1700
Spain +2000
Brazil +2500

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
After attending the Men's World Cup in Moscow last year, I'll be watching the US Women this summer, assuming they advance to the Quarterfinals.

Very excited!

Reactions: Roman Fell

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'll be, of course, rooting for Canada to make a big run but realistically it's probably between the US and France.

I'll root for the English as well.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'll probably watch some games. Canada should advance from their group, but winning it over the Netherlands will be tough.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
It's not important to finish 1st, Canada might have a tougher match in the next round if they finish 1st than 2nd.

Stupid 24 teams format with 16 going through does that.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Probably won't watch as much as the last edition, simply due to the time difference but generally enjoy the tournament, less time wasting and antics too compared to the men. Only thing is once they expanded the tournament the group stage got tedious, there were 3-4 teams getting hammered every match in the last World Cup. The USA group is one where both USA/SWE are way too strong for Thailand/Chile for example

Reactions: Pouchkine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad