Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Roman Fell, Jul 3, 2019.
So they're getting another set of keys to the city. Did NYC change all the locks after 2015?
Cordeiro trying to navigate a tricky path on the subject of equal pay.
Lloyd getting boos for "fly Eagles fly"
That crowd is massive!
Carli shout out to the Eagles. lol.
Damn Giants fans.
More over Dallas there's a new America's team.
Rapinoe's speech was f***in' awesome
Rapinoe dropping f bombs
I don't see how anyone can look at this team and say they're unlikeable. This is a delightful group full of extraordinary women.
Most of this was just from people who were woefully uneducated on what the team means to them. Just salt from foreigners who had no knowledge of the team, just saw them celebrate, and perceived it as "typical 'Murican arrogance" as if there was a book of honor and decorum to abide by in international sport
I dislike them cause they win :p. Other than though that I have to agree: they are doing a great job of navigating sport and politics, and I truly believe some of these American women will continue to progress not only Women's soccer, but also Women's sport in general.
Love this photo from the parade
So basically Americans can tell others how to perceive them. Got it.
see now you get it
I kinda like US sports: even with playing for your country, the biggest talking point is money.
Our US men have historically been a bunch of douchebags. Dempsey, Donovan, and Howard. They aren't a real team. We'd just build teams off talent like oh your American and play really good okay we will make it work. Mind you all these players were the man at their hs or college. No coincidence Pulisic is going to be our best player ever and developed in Germany where he had to fight for everything. Not these other clowns "I've been playing soccer my whole life, I'm so cool" The women know their roles and play for each other. Perfect example is Morgan and Rapinoe both tied for golden ball. Morgan draws the penalty but Rapinoe take the PK because she gives them the best chance to score/win. You think that clown Dempsey would do that?
CL and WC have proven time and time again you don't need the most talent to get deep. Just play as a team and have heart. Usmnt has neither. It's these guys job and they get paid pretty well for it and losing to nations where they get guys off the street.
The correct answer, as someone else mentioned is how developed and established the programs are.
The women were in with the first wave of nations (along with Germany, Norway, Brazil especially) who started investing hard into the program. The men’s program is 60 years or so behind as tobwhen they started serious investment into the infrastructure of the game compared to most of the other heavyweights in the game.
I don't like this team for a number of reasons, some to do with them and some to do with how others treat them. Obviously they can't control the 2nd part so I will not blame them but it still makes them unlikable for me.
I will focus on the reasons that are based on them, although there is some overlap.
1. The victim mentality they portray. I didn't like the way they acted in the Thailand game but whatever they scored they can do what they like, what I really disliked though is that afterwards the whining by them, and others supporting them, to make it out like a. they were being wrongly called out and were the victims and b. it was because they were women.
I have mentioned it before but plenty of men have been called out for celebrations, plenty of men have been called out for running up the score. It wasn't a female issue it was an issue that people have with celebrating and running up the score.
2. Alex Morgan is a brutal diver
3. I am not a fan of Rapinoe and how she handles things. I find that she makes issues more divisive and takes a very antagoistic view of things. She is not a public speaker and it shows everytime she is in front of a microphone or camera. I find her extremely unlikable, but I understand that you can't criticize her or else it means you are a homophobe as that is the only reason not to like her.
Now to some things outside of the team:
1. for the most part I have found US Womens team fans incredibly obnoxious. Any criticism is met with either "salt", "jealousy" or over the top USA, USA buffonery. They seem unable to accept any sort of legit criticism and also seem hellbent on overrating this team.
2. Media making this team and these players out to be some sort of amazing people, rather than just great athletes. I don't see anything about this team that makes them any more special than countless of other teams that have won championships but instead many in the media have to constantly promote the amazing on and off the field garbage.
3. Prior US teams and players being obnoxious, primarily Abby Womach. Can't stand prior teams so already have a bad taste in my mouth when it came to this team right off the bat, again not their fault, but a factor.
You're just a misogynist /s
IMO there's no such thing as "running up the score" in a tournament where goals are a tiebreaker. You pound the piss out of Thailand because you assume the other teams in your group will pound the piss out of Thailand.
What does this mean?
Dude it's a joke. You criticize this team and people will label you a women hater.
That why the question mark was there I wasnt sure if you were joking or serious. Hard to tell sometimes with the way people get upset about everything!
... I seriously wonder how big of a snowflake you have to be to get offended at ... wait for it... an athlete not being a skilled public speaker.
Separate names with a comma.