World Cup: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup - III (USA wins 4th Womens World Cup)

Sep 19, 2008
You would think there are better options than Budweiser in France.

Budweiser is a sponsor and in the video you can see them thank budweiser for the free beer so it was probably given to them for winning the cup. This celebration is pretty spirited and raucous (think of your typical college party) :laugh:

The Alex Morgan dance above is probably the most PG I can post from it

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm already intrigued for the next World Cup. The US are still the dominant force and likely will be in 2023 but my guess is the gap between them and the teams ranked 2-7ish will be closer.

The women's game is taking massive steps and it's amazing to see!

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Budweiser is a sponsor

Are women's soccer fans really people who Budweiser should be targeting? I would assume American soccer fans are way too eclectic and cosmopolitan to be drinking that piss. Pabst Blue Ribbon or some trendy artesan beers would make more sense.

Sep 19, 2008

D-9YFNyU8AEVRpP.jpg

Reactions: chicagoskycam

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That was some of the tamest celebrating I've ever seen. Looks like they won bronze.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
The whole thing is hilarious to me. They’re not MAGA so they’re hated by so many Americans. They’re too arrogant and American for Europeans and Canadians.

They’re in a nasty battle with the American FA over pay.

They’re coming off their keeper being forced out and then going on national tv and trashing the manager and players. Most of the media discussing if they’re still good enough or too old.

They’re in a country in the midst of a stupid nationalistic wave where the ruling party have signaled that for many of them, people like them are not welcome.

Their “attitude” is much more of a **** you to Americans than anyone else. But yet here we are, where members of the HF board feel personally attacked.

I would assume you are from a democratic stronghold lol...

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Agreed, their attitude and arrogance is them lashing out at injustices, real or perceived. Morgan's comments in The Guardian really struck me, posted on the last page, where she says that there's a double standard and that people are fine with men celebrating but when a woman does it, stop the tracks and riot!

Except this isn't true at all.

This is the most annoying thing about the team the constant lying to try and make them out as the victims. People complain all the time about men celebrating, in all sports.

I have heard constant complaints/comments about the Grezsman fortnight celebrations from them being stupid, childish, inappropriate, classless etc.

They keep saying there is a double standard as though them saying it makes it true when it isn't even close to true at all.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Women carrying us. USA is now a Top 3 football nation.

now now let's not get carried away here lol...top 3 in women's football yes...but football in general...just off the top of my head and in no particular order
1. Brazil (the sheer numbers of footy players male and female dwarfs the US interest in the game)
2. England (home of football and they are quickly becoming as rabid about the lionesses as the men's team)
3. Germany (Need I say more)
4. Spain (women's team has come a long way and the men's team needs no explanation)
5. Japan (solid teams on both mens and womens sides)
6. France (Men's team is the best in the world, Women's team really isn't far behind)
7. Italy (women's team needs work but the men are on their way up)
8.Netherlands (the Oranje are synonymous with football end of story)
Then comes in the USA (Men's team is middling, the women are the very best in the world bar none)
Sweden (Men's team is very very respectable and the women are absolutely no slouches either)

Up and comers again in no particular order
Canada (the Women are top 10 in the world and the men are actually improving)
South Korea (the men's team is as technical as it gets, just waiting on the women to catch up)
Argentina (With the football pedigree in this country and their rivalry with Brazil it wont be long before the women are yearly threats, the men are the men see Messi, Di Maria etc)
Chile (The men are threats yearly in qualifying and the women will only get better as the Chilean FA starts to put money into it)
all in all no they aren't a top 3 footballing nation that is ludicrous and silly...I could say top 10-15 footballing nation absolutely...

Mind you if you look at only the women's game then they are top 2 nation no questions asked...but that will change as Europe, South America and Africa actually start funding their women's teams as well as they do their men's squads

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
now now let's not get carried away here lol...top 3 in women's football yes...but football in general...just off the top of my head and in no particular order
1. Brazil (the sheer numbers of footy players male and female dwarfs the US interest in the game)
2. England (home of football and they are quickly becoming as rabid about the lionesses as the men's team)
3. Germany (Need I say more)
4. Spain (women's team has come a long way and the men's team needs no explanation)
5. Japan (solid teams on both mens and womens sides)
6. France (Men's team is the best in the world, Women's team really isn't far behind)
7. Italy (women's team needs work but the men are on their way up)
8.Netherlands (the Oranje are synonymous with football end of story)
Then comes in the USA (Men's team is middling, the women are the very best in the world bar none)
Sweden (Men's team is very very respectable and the women are absolutely no slouches either)

Up and comers again in no particular order
Canada (the Women are top 10 in the world and the men are actually improving)
South Korea (the men's team is as technical as it gets, just waiting on the women to catch up)
Argentina (With the football pedigree in this country and their rivalry with Brazil it wont be long before the women are yearly threats, the men are the men see Messi, Di Maria etc)
Chile (The men are threats yearly in qualifying and the women will only get better as the Chilean FA starts to put money into it)
all in all no they aren't a top 3 footballing nation that is ludicrous and silly...I could say top 10-15 footballing nation absolutely...

Mind you if you look at only the women's game then they are top 2 nation no questions asked...but that will change as Europe, South America and Africa actually start funding their women's teams as well as they do their men's squads

Well if we are being equal and looking at men and women. It would be 1) Germany then 2) Brazil off the strength of their men and women doing alright. then 3) USA.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well if we are being equal and looking at men and women. It would be 1) Germany then 2) Brazil off the strength of their men and women doing alright. then 3) USA.

Why would USA be ahead of France?

The French men won the WC, were finalists in the Euro's so are comparable to the US Women's. The French women are a top 5 team in the World while the USMNT isn't remotely close.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

These speeches do not make sense because women's football in many European countries is not recognized as a professional sport. With everything that goes with it. And even those countries where it is recognized there can be no competition because there is an astronomical economic gap. In Italy, for example, women's professional football is not recognized.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick

uhhh nope...if you're looking at both the US men's team is a freaking paperweight globally lol...yes their womens team helps to make up for it but their women's team also has a massive headstart that is being chipped away at
no way the U.S is 3rd in the world for football lol like I said their women's team is phenomenal but their men's team stinks to high heaven when put up against the real powers (heck they can barely give Mexico's "A" team a run for their money)
also I stated that the list was in no particular order (meaning we would really have to set categories to accurately rate them, for me its simply...FIFA rankings/results/general skill of the players who make up the core for the men's teams and the same for the women's teams.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Reactions: Uncle Rotter
Sep 19, 2008
Allstate Kicks Off Multi-Year Partnership with U.S. Soccer as Presenting Sponsor of the 2019 Victory Tour

The 2019 USWNT Victory Tour, presented by Allstate, kicks off on Saturday, August 3 when the USA hosts the Republic of Ireland at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. It will be the USA’s first game on home soil after winning the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup in France. The match will be broadcast on ESPN2 and the ESPN App starting at 7 p.m. PT.

It will be the fifth U.S. Women’s match at the Rose Bowl and first in 17 years. It will be the third match at the Rose Bowl since the USA won the groundbreaking 1999 FIFA Women’s World Cup at the historic venue two decades ago.

The next four matches of the Victory Tour will be on August 29, September 3, October 3 and October 6 at venues around the country. Opponents, venues and ticket availability for these games will be announced at a later date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad